Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Spanish bus drivers problems
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nimmdo
Knee-Slider

Spanish bus drivers problems

I recently rented a bus in Spain for a group trip, and overall, it was a positive experience. The process of booking was straightforward, and the buses were in good condition, clean, and comfortable. However, one thing that stood out to me was the professionalism of the bus drivers. They were punctual, knew their routes well, and handled the winding roads of the countryside with such skill. The drivers were also quite friendly, often sharing interesting facts about the places we were passing by, which added a nice touch to our journey. But, I did notice that some of the drivers didn’t speak much English, which made communication a bit challenging at times. Still, we managed to get by with basic Spanish and a lot of gestures! Have you guys had similar experiences?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-24 07:40AM
Nimmdo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nimmdo Find more posts by Nimmdo Add Nimmdo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dimmer
Knee-Slider

Yeah, I agree with you on most points! My experience with bus rentals in Spain has been quite smooth too. The buses themselves are usually top-notch, especially if you go with a reputable company. They’re well-maintained, air-conditioned, and offer a comfortable ride, even for long trips. But what I really appreciated was the patience of the bus drivers. On one trip, our group had several delays getting ready in the morning, but our driver was so accommodating and didn’t rush us at all. I think that reflects the laid-back yet professional attitude many Spanish drivers have. They also seemed to have a good grasp of the traffic patterns, avoiding congested areas whenever possible. However, I also found that English wasn't commonly spoken, so I ended up practicing a lot of my Spanish, which was actually kind of fun. What did you think of the bus drivers' road etiquette?

Old Post 08-20-24 08:52AM
Dimmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dimmer Find more posts by Dimmer Add Dimmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrla
Knee-Slider

My experience was slightly different, but still mostly positive. I rented a bus for a corporate event in Madrid, and I have to say, the spain bus driver were incredibly punctual, which is something I highly value. They were very respectful and focused on their job, which made me feel safe, especially when navigating through busy city streets. One thing that impressed me was their ability to remain calm in stressful traffic situations. There was this one time we got stuck in a major traffic jam, and our driver just kept his cool the whole time, which really helped keep the mood light in the bus. As for language barriers, I noticed it too, but I found that most companies offer drivers who speak basic English if you request it in advance. Overall, I think the key is to communicate your needs clearly when booking, so you get a driver who matches your expectations

Old Post 08-20-24 10:03AM
Darrla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrla Find more posts by Darrla Add Darrla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote