Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Did Allison Pottinger call Team Canada *******s?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

Did Allison Pottinger call Team Canada *******s?

Something weird happened in the tiebreaker at the Worlds this afternoon. In the 10th end after Allison's last shot she was talking to one of her team mates and you could heard her say "You should. I think they are *******s". Was she calling the girls from Heather's team *******s or what? I just thought the whole thing was strange and was interested to see if anyone noticed it too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-12 12:46AM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I heard it too, she should explain, maybe it was somebody or something totally unrelated

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.116.216.222

Old Post 03-24-12 02:09AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tothezone
Harvey Hacksmasher

more details into the word? clues?

Old Post 03-24-12 06:15AM
tothezone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tothezone Click here to Send tothezone a Private Message Find more posts by tothezone Add tothezone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I'm betting it was in repsonse to some people in the crowd. I doubt very much she would say that about team canada knowing she was wearing a microphone and on national tv.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 83.100.214.97

Old Post 03-24-12 07:55AM
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

There were fans that were iceholes so thinking it was about a group of fans.

Old Post 03-24-12 08:05AM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yeah I wondered about if it was about fans. That could very well be it.

Old Post 03-24-12 02:49PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

But another thing I noticed was that before Allison's last shot Beth and Heather were talking about the US's shot decision, by the end Heather looked really sheepish and Beth said "I forget we're miked." I'm wondering if the Americans took some offense to that, I didn't think it was that bad but maybe they look at it differently.

Old Post 03-24-12 04:22PM
acam
Knee-Slider

Hey folks, Al Cameron here. I can definitively say Allison's comments were not, repeat NOT, directed towards Team Canada. There were some drunk fans who were heckling the U.S. lead after a miss in the 10th end. Her comment was directed at them. Allison is first-class all the way. Same fans were kicked out of the one-two game last night.

Old Post 03-24-12 10:06PM
acam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for acam Find more posts by acam Add acam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by acam
Hey folks, Al Cameron here. I can definitively say Allison's comments were not, repeat NOT, directed towards Team Canada. There were some drunk fans who were heckling the U.S. lead after a miss in the 10th end. Her comment was directed at them. Allison is first-class all the way. Same fans were kicked out of the one-two game last night.

Thanks Al! That makes total sense as people have been commenting on the fans all week. I'm a huge fan of your blog by the way!

Old Post 03-24-12 10:36PM
acam
Knee-Slider

Appreciate the kind words!

Old Post 03-24-12 10:55PM
acam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for acam Find more posts by acam Add acam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by acam

That makes sense. Thanks for that Al and keep up he good work on keeping us up to date. It is much appreciated.

Old Post 03-25-12 03:00AM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I'm just surprised by the reaction from the Canadian fans this week as I've watched TSN's Video-On-Demand. The one incident in particular was the conclusion of the KOR vs CAN game (3vs4). I'll compare and contrast it to the final of the 2003 worlds (CAN vs USA).

When it was known that Korea had won the game, it was like dead silence except for the small Korean fan contingent who were ecstatic. Even when there was applause, it was tepid like muted golf clapping.

Perhaps it was the shock or the conservative game play (hey, takes two to tango on that folks, Canada didn't FORCE THE ISSUE until it was too late) but it gave the impression of sour grapes. Nedohin's post game comments showed her frustration, but she was beaten by a team that was shooting upper 80's to low 90's and who had a game plan and stuck to it. Kudos to Korea!

In 2003, the USA ladies were a first-year team with a first-year skip. They were predicted to tank and somehow, someway, squeeked it into the playoffs (a little luck as well).

The fans in my seating area expected a brutal massacre in the final. The local press licked their chops for another easy gold but it was Debbie's day and she too played it conservative and "out Colleened" Colleen.

When the USA threw its winning shot, there was silence at first but it grew to respectful cheers and applause.

Winnipeggers are gracious hosts and fans!!!!

Old Post 03-25-12 12:07PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Gald to see that jerks in the stands are getting tossed. This is curling, not hooligan soccer.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.92.64.34

Old Post 03-25-12 02:26PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Gald to see that jerks in the stands are getting tossed. This is curling, not hooligan soccer.

I agree, their drunken antics were unforgiveable. Was happy to see them get thrown out.

Old Post 03-25-12 04:06PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote