Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Television coverage of Grand Slam gets 'squashed " by CBC
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Television coverage of Grand Slam gets 'squashed " by CBC

once again curling fans are let down by the CBC, what else is new right? thanks to Global semi's and finals are being televised as to what I know. It is really too bad I watched earlier draws at the Credit Union Place, and some went into extra ends with close finishes as one would expect, a couple of blow outs to speak of, had to laugh at the CBC reporting that N.B. curler James Grattan had beaten somebody, and failing to report that actually he is filling in for absent Swedish player(skip) on their team. We know CBC tries hard but comes up short many times when it comes to curling coverage, let the BIG BOYS DO IT RIGHT CURLERS WILL BE HAPPY THAT GLOBAL is carrying the semis and finals at Grand Slam...once again best curling is taking place on the island, and I am glad it is RIGHT HERE IN my 'back yard" for once...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-12 08:18AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

yep your right on with those draw times , I think the "million dollar" draw to button finals are during the semi's or the mens final on Sunday? whatever chances of that ever happening you got a better chances of winning the 50/50 draw tomorrow evening men's draw is set for "battle of the titans" Howard vs Martin , so far Kevin is undefeated going into tomorrow, and having watched earlier Epping beat Howard in afternoon draw, goes to show even the "reigning world champion" can have a off day

Old Post 04-19-12 09:49PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

I am also from Kingston and I know the Mr McCormick personally and he told me that he would take the 2 sweepers and go for the $100,000 vice the cold draw for the $1,000,000.

I hope he keeps his word on this.

Old Post 04-20-12 06:46AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote