Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Dino's Announcement. (Stealing Colleen Jones' Thunder Again.)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Statman
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
So think about it Dino. Don't be a statman. Be a man!!!

Its one thing to be the smuggest poster on CZ, ML: but also being a cheap shot artist makes you all but insufferable.

It may or may not interest you to know that I have spent much of the last year recovering from a near fatal medical condition. Posting on CZ has not been at the top of my priority list.

Statman

Last edited by Statman on 02-21-12 at 08:10PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-12 08:07PM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I appreciate Gerry's reply but find it a bit hypocritical as ML's posts continued the past few years with his "albino girls" etc. names that I find worse than the "idea" that two consenting adults find themselves together.

I agree. ML, I enjoy your historical stuff and accept your opinions though I don't always agree, but your stupid nick names are not funny and are more often offensive. Yes, personal offenses against hard working curling women. Yes, mostly women. I missed the offensive part of the MegaJJ thread and am not curious. I wish some dialogue between and sysop thread starter could have prevented rash action. I know no time. This is a free service and we have to accept it as it is.

Old Post 02-21-12 08:35PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: It's a sad, sad day

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
dino was not "driven away".. he decided to pull a hissy-fit because a Thread that was written LAST season was needing to be babysit by Moderators who are trying to keep stats and videos etc going for the 99% of posters who visit this site form all over the world... for CURLING
The Thread is back so his pouting worked ..

And you wonder why people are so negative towards you.

Old Post 02-21-12 11:06PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Statman
Its one thing to be the smuggest poster on CZ, ML: but also being a cheap shot artist makes you all but insufferable.

It may or may not interest you to know that I have spent much of the last year recovering from a near fatal medical condition. Posting on CZ has not been at the top of my priority list.

Statman

Statman, what have you been doing with yourself besides getting well? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old Post 02-21-12 11:12PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Damn! an interesting thread! glad it woke me up yesterday. In defense of Dino I have to admit that although I think Gerry is right in pulling derogatory posts, I have to wonder just where that line-to-not-be-crossed is.

We've all seen Legend hand out some pretty cruel names to male and female curlers and not seen very many of his posts pulled. sorry ML but you have done it and while taken to task by more than a few posters, not had those statements erased.

Now, thanks to this years snoozefest of a CZ (I blame myself, BC finally wised up and implemented a sane playdown system so i curled again rather than try to change things here. Plus Legend has-thankfully-kept the hyperbole to a minimum), I did not read the posts which resulted in said alleged censorship. But unless those posts don't promote hatred of an individual they probably shouldn't be censored since they would not violate the Canadian Human Rights Code.

And although I agree with the right of free speech, I do draw the line personally at promoting hatred of an individual or group along the lines of the aforementioned CHRC. So I think it only fair to defer to Gerry's judgement that the posts in question did violate that code and he did the right thing.

But Dino if you're out there (and I suspect you probably are snooping at the posts on this thread) I hope you'll reconsider. If only to remind CZ when it does remove posts that censorship can be a very slippery slope. But also for a little sane wit and wisdom on this site.

Now if you'll excuse me, winter aint over. I'm going back to my den to hibernate for a bit longer. zzzzzzzzz

One more thing-Stats, do get better so I can finally sit back and enjoy you and Legend going mano e mano one day here...

Last edited by jamcan on 02-22-12 at 02:19AM

Old Post 02-22-12 02:16AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Strange - name calling is permitted but not posts about curlers private lives...and I have to agree it is mostly women that have the nicknames not the men.

But calling other posters nasty names isn't the way to go either. This is one of the very few forums that unregistered people can post. Maybe Gerry has to start changing that as well.

Even the trashy Daily Mail makes you register before you can post!

Old Post 02-22-12 08:53AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Unreg

and you get Guest who has appointed himself master Critic and Judge of everything some people write then sneaks in Unreg to double his attack.
Why is this necessary..??

I fought for three seasons about the nasty trashing of women curlers and then was openly embarrassed by Gerry saying I was a whiner asking for posts to be deleted.
Then today I come in and find my post on here was deleted where I stated dino didnt need to cut off his nose to spite his face.

The thread in question merely fueled fires of the needs-to die fight over Jennifer Jones.

Old Post 02-22-12 10:33AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Unreg

quote:
and you get Guest who has appointed himself master Critic and Judge of everything some people write then sneaks in Unreg to double his attack.
Why is this necessary..??

I fought for three seasons about the nasty trashing of women curlers and then was openly embarrassed by Gerry saying I was a whiner asking for posts to be deleted.
Then today I come in and find my post on here was deleted where I stated dino didnt need to cut off his nose to spite his face.

The thread in question merely fueled fires of the needs-to die fight over Jennifer Jones.

It's not about you UpYerKilt. It's sad how you try to change many threads to say how poor, innocent you is being attacked.

Old Post 02-22-12 10:40AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

and you

well Capt Morgan.. I dont usually respond to your constant put downs.. but at least I didnt post Offensive cartoons about men warming up Bagels to have Sex with

I have been on this site for 10 seasons now so I think my concern for Curling and Curlers far outweighs my need to comjplain about posters like you calling me a Bitch and a Wh*ore

Old Post 02-22-12 10:57AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Unreg

quote:

I deleted your post because of your ignorant comment directed at Statman.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 02-22-12 10:59AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: and you

quote:
well Capt Morgan.. I dont usually respond to your constant put downs.. but at least I didnt post Offensive cartoons about men warming up Bagels to have Sex with

I have been on this site for 10 seasons now so I think my concern for Curling and Curlers far outweighs my need to comjplain about posters like you calling me a Bitch and a Wh*ore

Please put me back on "ignore".
If your concern for curling is so "weighty", why are you here complaining???
And for the record, I have never called you a "Wh*ore".

Old Post 02-22-12 11:03AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thought so

ok Gerry.. you are right about that..and I stand corrected.
Even if what I stated was Truth

Old Post 02-22-12 11:03AM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Thought so

quote:
ok Gerry.. you are right about that..and I stand corrected.

Many of your posts are ignorant.

Old Post 02-22-12 11:05AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

coming from you

thats a compliment...at least I dont stalk other posters and put down every little thing they write..
Statman knows why I commented to him publicly

Old Post 02-22-12 11:10AM
Unregistered

Everybody stop please. DiNO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.53.144.131

Old Post 02-22-12 11:10AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Everybody stop please. DiNO

Punctiation update: Everybody stop. Please Dino. :-)

Talk about curling and stuff like that.

Old Post 02-22-12 11:45AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

LOL. Curlingzone 90210

Old Post 02-22-12 12:11PM
Unregistered

This place is like Degrassi...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.70.34.230

Old Post 02-22-12 12:14PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote