Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Did Martin hand Epping game on a plater
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Did Martin hand Epping game on a plater

well up to the last end of game it was anyone's game to win, I believe in the 6th end Epping took three to go up 6 to 4 and leaving Martin with the hammer coming home. The 8th end belonged to Epping he clearly out shot Kevin leaving him a nearly impossible draw to a crowded four foot for a deuce, perhaps a bad call , don't know after a lengthy delay discussing Martin's shot, something he'll might regret later but in the end Epping won because he deserved after out curling his opponent. Personally I think a match up between Howard and Epping is appropriate in Sunday's final, will Glenn and company put the "icing" on the cake to cap off a fabulous season?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-12 08:11AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I am not understanding how Kevin handed John the game on a platter, from you post it seems John outplayed him in those last few games and fully deserved the win

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-22-12 09:24AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jen wasn't on TV so nobody really won!

I can understand your disapointment..it was your last opportunity for awhile to see your Queen on TV

Old Post 04-22-12 05:08PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Martin was up 4 2 after five, without. Thru smoke all 6th, and looked great doing it, and the team was on cruise control. First shot in the seventh Martin tries a slash double and misses everything, not even close. Tries a freeze with his last, so so, and Eping runs from the little boys room and throws a great pick for three.

Martin had a hard shot at a double to win in the eight and is wide again. I really don't think it was there for the win anyway. A jam all day on an Eping stone back four. Was a reactively easy inturn draw to the pin for an extra.

Last edited by freezetothehack on 04-22-12 at 07:24PM

Old Post 04-22-12 07:13PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by freezetothehack
Martin was up 4 2 after five, without. Thru smoke all 6th, and looked great doing it, and the team was on cruise control. First shot in the seventh Martin tries a slash double and misses everything, not even close. Tries a freeze with his last, so so, and Eping runs from the little boys room and throws a great pick for three.

Martin had a hard shot at a double to win in the eight and is wide again. I really don't think it was there for the win anyway. A jam all day on an Eping stone back four. Was a reactively easy inturn draw to the pin for an extra.

yeah right relative easy inturn in who's book? I WAS AT GAME AND SAT DIRECTLY BEHIND MARTIN WHEN HE ATTEMPTED THIS SHOT ... ONLY A SADOMASOCHISTIC IDIOT WOULD TRY THIS AND EXPECT TO WIN GAME ONLY MARTIN

Old Post 04-23-12 01:33AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote