Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > weird curling facts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misty1
Supreme Champion!

weird curling facts

I wonder what kind of odd curling facts or funny little statistic you can come up with?

like, i was thinking about it and come to realise that every single final that mirjam ott has played in as a skip has been against a team from sweden

she's gone 3-1 in those finals

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-01-12 08:21PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserCurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: weird curling facts

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I wonder what kind of odd curling facts or funny little statistic you can come up with?

like, i was thinking about it and come to realise that every single final that mirjam ott has played in as a skip has been against a team from sweden

she's gone 3-1 in those finals

What events are you talking about? Mirjam Ott has only been in 3 World Championship events (not WCT events) that she was in the finals. 2002 Olympics, 2006 Olympics, and 2012 Worlds. She won Silver at both Olympics and Gold at the Worlds last year.

Another note on your facts, the 2002 Olympics, Mirjam Ott was not a skip.

Old Post 10-05-12 12:31PM
FraserCurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserCurling Click here to Send FraserCurling a Private Message Visit FraserCurling's homepage! Find more posts by FraserCurling Add FraserCurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserCurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

Russ Howard's only 3 provincial finals losses in New Brunswick have all been lost in his hometown of Moncton, NB. Russ has never won an NB Provincial Tankard Final in Moncton. Hometown pressure much?

2001 - Jim Sullivan - Beausejour Curling Club, Moncton, NB
2005 - Wade Blanchard - MCA Curling Club, Moncton, NB
2007 - Paul Dobson - Beausejour Curling Club, Moncton, NB

Old Post 10-05-12 12:37PM
FraserCurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserCurling Click here to Send FraserCurling a Private Message Visit FraserCurling's homepage! Find more posts by FraserCurling Add FraserCurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: weird curling facts

quote:
Originally posted by FraserCurling

What events are you talking about? Mirjam Ott has only been in 3 World Championship events (not WCT events) that she was in the finals. 2002 Olympics, 2006 Olympics, and 2012 Worlds. She won Silver at both Olympics and Gold at the Worlds last year.

Another note on your facts, the 2002 Olympics, Mirjam Ott was not a skip.

I said every single final she has played as a skip, i didnt say wWCT specifically did i?

Looking back at it now i realise i was wrong in saying every final she has made as a skip were against sweden is wrong because for one of her european finals she lost to germany

but originally i was referring to the 2 european finals that she beat gustaffson and norberg for and her world final this past year. So i guess the fact is that every final mirjam has won as a skip has been against a swedish team

Old Post 10-05-12 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

PEIs Rod MacDonald has played in Briers spanning 5 decades.
78,81,96,05,06,09,10. I think this is pretty incredible and was wondering if anyone else has accomplished this.
You would have to win your first pretty young and probably near the end of a decade to have a chance.
He's still playing but a sixth might be tough

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.138.46.84

Old Post 10-25-12 02:43PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote