Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Super Bowl Ads 2012. (Farties)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Super Bowl Ads 2012. (Farties)

It's that time of year again Ladies and Germs. Time to give the serious curling talk a rest for a couple of hours and watch a football game that will probably be a blowout. Which is why we get our entertainment from the commercials.

This is a great time to let off some steam before the heavy provincial rivalries of the Scotties turn us all into blathering homers, with of course the inevitable post event breakdown of civilization.

I have a 3:30 am wake up call so I won't be able to watch the whole game. And of course commenting on the commercials will be an impossibility. But if any of you good CZ posters wish to give out the hallowed 'Farties', (named for the famous Budweiser Farting Horse commercial), please feel free. It is good to give your brain an hour or two off before we all head back to the front, and the trenches, and the slings, and the arrows, and the J-Bombs......

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-05-12 12:22PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Audi headlights kill vampires. (Line up those frigging Twilght Kids and march them into the beam.) OK.

Pepsi with, is that Elton John? And some female singer who I don't know. (Butchering Aretha with a hip hop beat.) Good production values, but fail.

Old Post 02-05-12 06:48PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Barry Manilow for Chevy trucks in an apocalyptic world. Nice slam on Ford. (I'm buying a Ford.) A+++.

Stipping, partying M&M. B+++.

Old Post 02-05-12 07:04PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Budweiser prohibition (that great invention of the Republican party) ends. B!

Doritos you ain't seen nothing. A+ (Doritos is always close to the top.)

Old Post 02-05-12 07:12PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Go Daddy Girls almost nekid. Same as David Beckham. Put some damn clothes on.

I don't care if the Chevy Sonic can skydive, bungee, or do a backflip. How does it run? Is it good on gas? Is it dependable? Fail.

Mr. Quigley for Sketchers. A+++.

Old Post 02-05-12 07:38PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Doritos flying baby. A+++. Same voice, but is that a different E-trade baby? Guess it had to happen. Madonna everyone? Anyone??? Anyone???

Old Post 02-05-12 07:49PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Not sure how you got to see the commercials, but in Canada, the CRTC blocks the ads. We did get to see the stupid Pepsi commercial and a bunch of others that we've been seeing for the past 2 months.
Your location says Saskatchewan. Where is that? How do you even pronounce it? Is that where Sasquatches come from?

Old Post 02-06-12 09:49AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Here you go:
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/46/com...9000d5d8268dbe0

Old Post 02-06-12 01:10PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Thanks. I was unaware some of those aired on Canadian TV.

Old Post 02-06-12 02:16PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gritsy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Do you have HD Capt?

Not sure why, I'm guessing lack of technology, but when watching an HD feed you get the American commericals.
At least with my Satellite that's the case.

Old Post 02-06-12 04:17PM
Gritsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gritsy Click here to Send Gritsy a Private Message Find more posts by Gritsy Add Gritsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

I watched on Shaw Direct channel 360 which is NBC Detroit. I had the American feed at least up to the time that Madge came on to perform at halftime. At that point I excused myself, shaved, showered, put my pj's on, packed my bag, and went to bed. Like I stated before I had a 3:30am wake up call. I didn't even know that the Giants had won until I caught a sportscast on the road at 4:30. They say it was a great finish.

Old Post 02-06-12 10:02PM