Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Wow
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Wow

I have seen many threads locked down. Many posts deleted because of the terrible things said. But never, never, never have I ever seen a whole thread disappear, until I noticed that the MegaJJ had been pulled. It's your sandbox, but so very wrong. Very dissapointed CZ.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-12 05:37PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Re: Wow

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
I have seen many threads locked down. Many posts deleted because of the terrible things said. But never, never, never have I ever seen a whole thread disappear, until I noticed that the MegaJJ had been pulled. It's your sandbox, but so very wrong. Very dissapointed CZ.

I was a little surprised myself. My posts were meant to be tongue in cheek stuff. Cann't recall anything really disrespectful. Although I hadn't read the entire thread.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-20-12 05:51PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I've noticed as soon as JJs "marital" status and/or gentlemen friends are referred to, Threads vanish.

Old Post 02-20-12 05:56PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I've noticed as soon as JJs "marital" status and/or gentlemen friends are referred to, Threads vanish.

This was all open/speculated on knowledge before the thread was started....kinda like closing the barn door after horses have got out.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-20-12 06:02PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Wow

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound

I was a little surprised myself. My posts were meant to be tongue in cheek stuff. Cann't recall anything really disrespectful. Although I hadn't read the entire thread.

Exactly. The whole thread was meant to be tongue in cheek. And most of it was. If the posts about Jennifer's freaking love life were offensive to somebody then DELETE THE POSTS! NOT THE THREAD! (I am so pissed I can hardly type.)

What the deleter fails to realize is that if the Mega was going to be a magnet for certain types of posts, at least those posts were in one spot, not twenty. Like they are going to be now. Good luck tracking that.

Old Post 02-20-12 06:16PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

Re: Wow

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005

I am with you here dino. I suppose JJ's love life is of great concern to some (those without a life) but not me. Whenever posts about her personal life show up, they can be deleted but quotes are hard to monitor and delete so CZ opted to oust the entire thread is my guess.

Who really cares anyway whether Brent Laing is in Red Deer or JJ was seen in Ontario. It is their life and they are enttiled to it without judgement from anyone!

Old Post 02-20-12 07:03PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

"ALL WE ARE SAAAAAAYINNNNN...IS GIVE THREADS A CHANNNNCE!"

JH

Old Post 02-20-12 07:34PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

I thought if I walked away for a bit I would cool down. Has not happened. Now would be a good time for who ever deleted this to step up and explain.

Old Post 02-20-12 08:11PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I thought the pit was the place where ANYTHING could be discussed. No restrictions

Old Post 02-20-12 09:06PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
libel —is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual a negative image

Then many forums around the world along with more than a few tabloids would be shut down. CZ need to follow the example of televisionwithoutpity.com and post a warning first, then only remove the offending posts.

Old Post 02-20-12 10:05PM