Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > Thistle Integrity Stakes on the MCT - Nov 15-18, 2013
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thistlecc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thistle Integrity Stakes on the MCT - Nov 15-18, 2013

There's still some room in the Thistle Integrity Stakes, an open silver event on the Manitoba Curling Tour. The spiel commences Friday evening, Nov 15th and ends Monday evening, Nov 18th.

If you'd like to enter a team, please send an e-mail to bderyck@mts.net (with a cc to webmaster@thistlecc.ca). Include your team's line-up and the club you curl out of. The entry fee is $280. Make cheques out to the Thistle Curling Club and mail it to the club at 280 Burnell St., Winnipeg, MB R3G 2A7. Write "Integrity Stakes" in the memo area of the cheque. For more information, go to the following link: http://www.mancurltour.ca/Events/Integrity.html

Entry deadline is Nov 10th!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-01-13 01:32PM
thistlecc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thistlecc Click here to Send thistlecc a Private Message Visit thistlecc's homepage! Find more posts by thistlecc Add thistlecc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thistlecc
Harvey Hacksmasher

18 Teams entered up to Wednesday evening, Nov 6th:

Terry Ursel
Barry Swain
D'Arcy Maywood
Rob Cosens
Rob Atkins
Betty Buurma
Ryan Thomson
Bob Sigurdson
Kevin Brown
Andrew Wickman
Justin Stanus
Darryl Gunnlaugson
Mark Lukowich
Bill Dauphinais
Trevor Loreth
Eugene Desjarlais
Wayne Ewasko
Tyler Waterhouse

Deadline to enter is Nov 10th!

Old Post 11-06-13 07:57PM
thistlecc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thistlecc Click here to Send thistlecc a Private Message Visit thistlecc's homepage! Find more posts by thistlecc Add thistlecc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kkcwiebe
Knee-Slider

When will the draw be posted?

Old Post 11-11-13 04:40PM
kkcwiebe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kkcwiebe Click here to Send kkcwiebe a Private Message Visit kkcwiebe's homepage! Find more posts by kkcwiebe Add kkcwiebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thistlecc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Teams were sent an e-mail early this evening with their first draw times. It'll be a couple of days yet, though, before the full draw gets posted on this site and the Manitoba Curling Tour website.

Old Post 11-11-13 10:23PM
BradleyJ
Harvey Hacksmasher

Is this draw up anywhere yet?

Old Post 11-14-13 02:08PM
BradleyJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradleyJ Click here to Send BradleyJ a Private Message Find more posts by BradleyJ Add BradleyJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kkcwiebe
Knee-Slider

I'm personally not going to complain.
I know it starts tomorrow and I'm all fine with that.
My wife on the other hand always wants to keep tabs on me so maybe best we don't know when we play next
javascript:smilie('')

Kidding aside this (man curl) is run by volunteers and these days that usually means one person!

But….
I bet if I hop in my car to the Thistle (AKA Valour) I will see a draw sheet up there. Then I can go thru it and dream up all the possible combinations of when I play but it isn't worth my time.

Old Post 11-14-13 02:28PM
kkcwiebe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kkcwiebe Click here to Send kkcwiebe a Private Message Visit kkcwiebe's homepage! Find more posts by kkcwiebe Add kkcwiebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thistlecc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Draw has just been sent to Gerry. Draw won't be posted up at the club until tomorrow.

Old Post 11-14-13 03:16PM
live2curl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thistle draw on Curling Zone

quote:
Originally posted by thistlecc
Draw has just been sent to Gerry. Draw won't be posted up at the club until tomorrow.

To defend Gerry at the Curling Zone - he has 13 other Bonspiels to attend to on his website this weekend alone. And probably another 13 next weekend. As well he is currently keeping the stats at the Canadian Open. Many people think that it's an abra cadabra to put up a draw on the site. But keep in mind that all 13 other spiels have to submit not only the draw but the lineups too in order to post it. So are not helping our cause by entering a team at the last minute and not supplying lineups early.

One temporary solution the MCT could implement is to post an EXCEL format of the draw on the site as a temporary fix until the CurlingZone draw is ready. But here again, the MCT only receives the draw the Thursday prior to the bonspiel starting or sometimes the Friday morning of the spiel start.

To make a long story short, because our spiels are no longer filling up early and have to wait until the last minute to get every team in that wants in is the biggest concern in getting the draw done.

Any comments or other suggestions are more than welcome

Old Post 11-16-13 12:32PM
live2curl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for live2curl Click here to Send live2curl a Private Message Find more posts by live2curl Add live2curl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradleyJ
Harvey Hacksmasher

I don't think anyone was complaining and certainly no one was harping on Gerry...

Old Post 11-17-13 12:59AM
BradleyJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradleyJ Click here to Send BradleyJ a Private Message Find more posts by BradleyJ Add BradleyJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kkcwiebe
Knee-Slider

Same here!
Nothing against anyone...as most of the people that make all this possible are volunteers and those that are not are way over worked!!

If the MCT needs a volunteer I might bite!
IMHO "put up or shut up!"

I have volunteered on some projects before and will again as long as time allows me to.

Old Post 11-17-13 09:17AM