Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2023 Mens Worlds
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Please remove the 50+ comments and drivel about conspiracy theory and ice vs Canada.
Go Canada Go.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-23 09:58PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martym
Harvey Hacksmasher

Bizarre 10th end in the other game - Scotland looked like they had it won and Italy nearly got a flukey 3 to win. Now onto an extra and Scotland has hammer.

Poor Benoit - he has won a gold and two silvers at the Europeans but he has a large collection of bronze medals.

Old Post 04-08-23 10:06PM
Martym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martym Find more posts by Martym Add Martym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Come on . That last shot retornaz made was an inch away from sheer genius

Old Post 04-08-23 10:09PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Old Post 04-08-23 10:15PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Taking Italy to win bronze and Canada to win gold. Scotland is simply not good enough to beat gushue if they bring the form they had today to the final

Old Post 04-08-23 10:20PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dangermouse
Swing Artist

quote:
Taking Italy to win bronze and Canada to win gold. Scotland is simply not good enough to beat gushue if they bring the form they had today to the final
You’ve been doubting Scotland all week and they keep proving you wrong

Old Post 04-08-23 10:23PM
Dangermouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dangermouse Click here to Send Dangermouse a Private Message Find more posts by Dangermouse Add Dangermouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

So all the negativity about Canada on here and they looked really, really good today. These guys have a history of playing well in big games so it's really not a huge surprise.

Old Post 04-08-23 10:34PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Scotland and Canada have both looked shaky at times this week, brilliant at others. Tomorrow will depend on which teams show. If both bring their best then Scotland's hammer must be a slight edge.

In other news, if you're going to expose the oligarchs and the great Soros world curling conspiracy don't spill the bills that you're onto them and can predict the outcome before it happens. Otherwise they'll do what they did tonight and change the plan just to foil a user on this forum! Too bad for Qurlingwatcher, so close to bringing down the pedophile ring in the basement of the pizza parlour I mean curling club.

Old Post 04-08-23 10:36PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm very proud of Team Gushue, I have nothing else to say but that I'm proud of them. I was the most vicious of naysayers after he lost to Mouat but now he's guaranteed a silver. Shut me up right quick. I'm very proud.

Old Post 04-08-23 10:38PM
naterock_11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naterock_11 Find more posts by naterock_11 Add naterock_11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Dangermouse
You’ve been doubting Scotland all week and they keep proving you wrong

If the win tomorrow than good for them

Old Post 04-08-23 10:39PM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:

It looked closer to 1/4 inch away....
That shot took a lot of guts - he had an easy draw to tie, and could have lost it with the split shot he tried.
And damn near made it for the win.

I was hoping that the measure would be favourable for them to ensure they get a nicer medal than last year...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old Post 04-08-23 11:04PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

E.J. very close to burning running rock in 6th end. Surprised it wasn't looked at closer.

Old Post 04-09-23 01:28AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

Night vs. afternoon. Tonight should be full. The lower bowl seemed full today so likely just the uppers empty which makes sense.

I guess I figured a Saturday afternoon could come close to a friday night draw. Regardless, the semifinal (sat night) draw barely surpassed the qualification (sat afternoon) draw's attendance (70 more to be exact).
Hopefully a full arena for at least the gold medal game.

Old Post 04-09-23 02:42AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

For those posting about their disappointment in Canada's international results, you are really off the mark on the men's side. Besides our rich legacy long term, the results in this event since 2016 show 6 finals in 7 years. 2 Golds and one more possible today. Edin won all the finals they lost in, which doesn't support the idea that our men's side has slipped at all., Edin is a generational player he's the guy who prevented us from dominating this event in recent years.

Women's side sure we aren't doing as well as expected but the top teams are competitive and we do win some events ( eg Olympics ). Einerson is arguably good enough to win a title but can't quite get the job done. Look no further then Tirizoni when she threw skip rocks for similar.

In both cases. I would forward the opinion that our Olympic points system may be burning out our players many of whom have jobs outside of curling. Which might be why our winners this year took reduced schedules.

Old Post 04-09-23 11:06AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911

I guess I figured a Saturday afternoon could come close to a friday night draw. Regardless, the semifinal (sat night) draw barely surpassed the qualification (sat afternoon) draw's attendance (70 more to be exact).
Hopefully a full arena for at least the gold medal game.

I'm surprised too. I wonder if the guarantee of Canada vs. Sweden on Friday just allowed for more pre-sales?

Old Post 04-09-23 11:46AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender
our Olympic points system

There are no Olympic points up for grabs in 2023. Maybe you meant CTRS?

In any case, WCF has now adopted CTRS into WCTR, so now the whole world is basically committing to CTRS, for better or for worse.

Old Post 04-09-23 01:25PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Russ give it break about you playing Joel in the Olympics.
You were an alternate.

Old Post 04-09-23 01:52PM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I did not see that coming. Wow. Very one sided bronze game.

And of course they babbeled on about the edin shot in the 8th . He's not even the first one to have tried that

No mention of Stoughton when Schwarz tried replicating spinarama

Old Post 04-09-23 02:00PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Skid
Russ give it break about you playing Joel in the Olympics.
You were an alternate.

In today's terms Russ skipped and threw second stones at the 2006 Olympics.

quote:
And of course they babbeled on about the edin shot in the 8th . He's not even the first one to have tried that

No mention of Stoughton when Schwarz tried replicating spinarama

The spinner in 8 was obviously a reference to the Edin shot, the buzzist moment of the week.

And you might need your ears checked because Stoughton was specifically mentioned during the spinarama by Vic. At least on the Canadian feed. I believe on his first shot in 8.

Old Post 04-09-23 02:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

In today's terms Russ skipped and threw second stones at the 2006 Olympics.

The spinner in 8 was obviously a reference to the Edin shot, the buzzist moment of the week.

And you might need your ears checked because Stoughton was specifically mentioned during the spinarama by Vic. At least on the Canadian feed. I believe on his first shot in 8.

My mistake on the Stoughton thing. I didn't hear that. Clearly i do then. Lol

Old Post 04-09-23 02:17PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

There are no Olympic points up for grabs in 2023. Maybe you meant CTRS?

In any case, WCF has now adopted CTRS into WCTR, so now the whole world is basically committing to CTRS, for better or for worse.

Call the points whatever you want the point is the Cdn teams need rankings to get into events which may get them into the Olympic trials. The system is evolving but there is no doubt some of our teams play too much. Exact details of the current system I'm not keeping track of.2023 sure maybe it's less of a factor but the new line ups are a factor which are 4 year cycle strategies for many of them.

Old Post 04-09-23 03:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I might be alone here but I believe they should have kept to a 3 year qualification for the Olympics. Points this year should have counted.

Old Post 04-09-23 03:32PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingWatcher1
Look everybody, Sweden went from beating everyone easily to can't beat anyone in about 20 minutes. Edin was laughing and smiling like a chestshire cat in the post game interview in the final round robin game. Wouldn't answer a single question honestly. Then they don't even bother showing up for the playoff game. Explain that?

I expect Canada to lose to Switzerland tonight.

The fact that Switzerland beat both Canada and Sweden fairly easily in the round robin was proof the fix was in.

May I remind you that I am the fixer and at the end of the womens when you were ranting about banking I told you that we had decided to let Scotland win the mens to push Scottish pride and eventual separation so we can step in and gobble up everything. That is still on.
And no, we are not doing it by manipulating ice temps we are old school--we kidnapped Gushue's dog.

Old Post 04-09-23 03:32PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martym
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

May I remind you that I am the fixer and at the end of the womens when you were ranting about banking I told you that we had decided to let Scotland win the mens to push Scottish pride and eventual separation so we can step in and gobble up everything. That is still on.
And no, we are not doing it by manipulating ice temps we are old school--we kidnapped Gushue's dog.

Looking like your fixing was spot on - with Scotland 4-0 up.

Hope Brad's dog is ok!

Old Post 04-09-23 04:57PM
Martym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martym Find more posts by Martym Add Martym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

2018 all over again!

Old Post 04-09-23 05:01PM