Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Camera Ideas?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Curling_Dad
Harvey Hacksmasher

Camera Ideas?

I am interested in investing in a camera to record our Curling Practices. The camera i am looking for needs to have 1080p resolution/recording capabilities. Relatively inexpensive would be preferred. This camera would be used as a method for recording practice to observe proper form and technique and allow for review and critique to help the betterment of our team! Any ideas on a good one? Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-13 12:35PM
Curling_Dad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling_Dad Click here to Send Curling_Dad a Private Message Find more posts by Curling_Dad Add Curling_Dad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I suggest the go-pro hero 3. It is super small and portable. Shoots even beyond 1080p, can shoot at a faster frame rate - in the event that you want to be able to slow things down. Comes with a remote for start/stopping. All that, and quite affordable ($399 for black edition - cheaper editions are available).

A very flexible camera when it comes to multi use - just make sure to buy the mount you require (like tripod mount, etc) unless you are going to shoot by hand. Available at most tech stores (Best Buy, etc). I use them all the time in my video productions.

http://gopro.com/cameras

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.150.5.2

Old Post 11-22-13 01:12PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling_Dad
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thank you so much sir! I have one on order, I hope it works well!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-25-13 12:44PM
Curling_Dad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling_Dad Click here to Send Curling_Dad a Private Message Find more posts by Curling_Dad Add Curling_Dad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote