Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > 2011 Posties And the winners are...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

2011 Posties And the winners are...

I know I said I would do this Sunday afternoon, but I just found out I'll be away and would rather get this to you sooner than later.

Welcome to the 2011 Posties, I'm your host J-Ho. May I have the envelopes please........

CLASSIEST POSTER - "CURLERBROAD"
This lady is pure class! If you don't believe me with her posts, just look at her avatar.

BEST POSTER FROM THE CURLING ELITE - "CHELSEY_C"
Great writing from an elite curler who respects the fans of CZ and provides valuable insight. Keep it up Chelsey!

BEST FEUD - "MANITOBA LEGEND VS UPYERKILT"
This aint just nasty, it's crazy when these two get going!

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - "MARVIN"
Shows ML class devotion to JJ et al, but you can tell there's lots more to offer from this poster as we get going. Too bad Marvin won't be available to receive some Pez. Apparently I am on Marvin's "ignore" list!

MOST PROMISING NEWCOMER - "THE YAP"
The avatars are crazy, but this poster has demonstrated they know what they are talking about. I'm looking forward to more from this one!

BEST INTERNATIONAL (NON-CANADIAN) POSTER - "TUCK"
It is clear that Tuck has a passion and drive to better the sport in his country that is second to none. He is a valued member of the CZ family!

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD - MANITOBA LEGEND
For being the first CZ member to reach 3000 posts. Mind you, 2995 of them revolved around one person

BEST POSTER IN A "GRAPHIC" FORMAT - CAPTMORGAN
I just pray this guy doesn't have any photo's of me!

MOST VALUABLE POSTER TO CURLING ZONE - MANITOBA LEGEND
Many of you will hate this, but the fact is that those who "hate" him, respond more to his threads and posts than those who don't hate him. Based on the traffic he creates alone on this forum, this award was a no brainer!

BEST POSTER: CURLING RELATED ISSUES - "JAMCAM"
I have nothing but respect for this guys view on the sport!

OVERALL BEST POSTER 2011: "DINOROCK2005"
Whether or not they're about curling or some other issue in the world, his posts are insightful, well thought out and throw in that a cup of humour and a touch of class. Keep it up my friend!

and finally,

CURLING ZONE PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD FOR CZ PEOPLE OF THE YEAR -

"GERRY AND DALLAS"
You could have quit and walked away. None of us would have blamed either of you. Instead you respected us and our devotion to this site. On behalf of the members of CZ, thankyou from the bottom of our hearts!

Well, that wraps up this year's show. All of the winners can pick up their Pez backstage. I'd like to thank our musical guest the Smilies Faced Guitar Guy and most importantly all of you who participate in this forum for making it one heck of an enjoyable past time. See you Brier Sunday 2012!

JH

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-11 10:07PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

100% agreement.

One minor point. Where can you get a cup of coffee for 50 cents?

Old Post 03-12-11 10:15PM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by pontchartrain
100% agreement.

I haven't caught up with inflation yet

JH

Old Post 03-12-11 10:29PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

THE MOOSE TURNBULL HUMANITARIAN AWARD...

Of a special Pez, and a bottle of cheap red wine goes to J-HO

You touch intellegently on every subject on this forum, and while you get peeved once in a while I have never once witnessed you being an ass. That is commendable in a place where being anonomous gives one carte blanche to act out.

As for me. Thank you Dallas and Gerry for giving me a place to spew. And all you dudes who have me on ignore. Really, you should take me off. I am not THAT bad! (Guess you didn't read that, did you!)

Totally agree with the rest of your picks.

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 03-12-11 at 10:33PM

Old Post 03-12-11 10:30PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

Re: THE MOOSE TURNBULL HUMANITARIAN AWARD...

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005

You touch intellegently on every subject on this forum, and while you get peeved once in a while I have never once witnessed you being an ass. That is commendable in a place where being anonomous gives one carte blanche to act out.

As for me. Thank you Dallas and Gerry for giving me a place to spew. And all you dudes who have me on ignore. Really, you should take me off. I am not THAT bad! (Guess you didn't read that, did you!)

Are you sure that shouldn't be a "box of cheap red wine", rather than a "bottle of cheap red wine"? You get more for your money from the box vs the bottle (at least in volume, if not palate).

Old Post 03-12-11 10:49PM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Here's your coffee. Fifty cents please.

quote:

Old Post 03-12-11 10:59PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Re: Here's your coffee. Fifty cents please.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

JH

Old Post 03-12-11 11:05PM
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

Re: Here's your coffee. Fifty cents please.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

And to think, I supoort you. El barfo!

Great picture! Do you ever run out of pictures? I am sure I am not the only one here who wonders.

BTW, which of Tim's varieties is this one?

Old Post 03-12-11 11:10PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Hey J-HO. I think you need to give Gerry a special PEZ for going against his home province, and predicting a Stoughton victory in the Brier.

Could not have been an easy pick. Well done.

Old Post 03-13-11 10:39PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: THE MOOSE TURNBULL HUMANITARIAN AWARD...

quote:

I second that - J-Ho always is a true gentleman poster...doesn't make me cackle quite like ML does but always manages to come out on top even when heckled by trolls.

Old Post 03-13-11 10:52PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Hey J-HO. I think you need to give Gerry a special PEZ for going against his home province, and predicting a Stoughton victory in the Brier.

Could not have been an easy pick. Well done.

Ssssh...it's Marvin's!

JH

Old Post 03-13-11 11:11PM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Thank you, thank you...

ahem, I'd like to thank all the folks behind the scenes who made this award possible. Yes, you all know who you are... and J-ho can forward the Pez-pak via CZ PM to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel a Charlie Sheen moment coming on with several ladies from the Adult Entertainment Industry...

Old Post 03-13-11 11:28PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho

Ssssh...it's Marvin's!

JH

Earth still obstructs my view of Venus.

Another classic. I do hope that some people develop a sense of humour (british or eh) or humor (some guy named webster, apparently couldn't stand the ou version. But what do I know, he was slightly before my time.) I have immensely enjoyed the vast majority of postings on the various Brier threads, including those where I was the lonely minority (like 1).

Keep it up J-Ho, you are one of the princes of forums.

Old Post 03-13-11 11:35PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Old Post 03-13-11 11:36PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Thank you, thank you...

ahem, I'd like to thank all the folks behind the scenes who made this award possible. Yes, you all know who you are... and J-ho can forward the Pez-pak via CZ PM to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel a Charlie Sheen moment coming on with several ladies from the Adult Entertainment Industry...

You are toast Jamcan.

Old Post 03-13-11 11:38PM
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

What, CaptMorgan, no picture? My god, is my faith in your ability to produce the absolutely most appropriate picture misplaced? Come on, give us a picture!

Old Post 03-13-11 11:43PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
I do hope that some people develop a sense of humour

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 03-13-11 at 11:56PM

Old Post 03-13-11 11:50PM
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

Talking

So which fake poster are you? Excellant post and picture!

(Edit due to less than nimble fingers.)

Those who put the good pirate Captain on their ignore list, do so at their great peril.

Last edited by pontchartrain on 03-14-11 at 12:16AM

Old Post 03-14-11 12:13AM
Marvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

I heard there was Pez being handed out here but I see mine was given away.

J-Ho, I don't actually have anyone on Ignore, but since you gave my bleeping Pez away, I may have to reconsider.

jk

No worries tho, I have my own...

Old Post 03-14-11 02:05AM
Marvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin Find more posts by Marvin Add Marvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

I heard there was Pez being handed out here
but I see mine was given away.

J-Ho, I don't actually have anyone on Ignore,
but since you gave my bleeping Pez away,
I may have to reconsider.

jk

No worries, I have my own...

Old Post 03-14-11 02:07AM
Marvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin Find more posts by Marvin Add Marvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Don't worry Marvin, I ALWAYS have extra!

JH

Old Post 03-14-11 05:03AM
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho

Don't worry Marvin, I ALWAYS have extra!

JH

Forgot to mention...lol! It's posts like these that reaffirm why you are rookie of the year!!!

JH

Old Post 03-14-11 06:46AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

I'd like to second the award to Man Legend who is the MVP of this site. I have fought tooth and nail to try and fight the sexism and Put Downs of the women.( other than JJ)

The difference between Me and Legend is that he doesn't get ruffled by anything.
He just keeps coming back and he Has listened to not making up offensive names for people. Good for you Legend.. your respect for women is back

I would just , seriously like to take my Hat off to Team Stoughton who won the Brier, Fair and Sqaure. They set their Target and made it.

They seem to have found that "middle of the Team" strength again. Steve Gould has been Mr. Consistency every game Every Year..what a Rock!
Reid Carruthers.. what more can you say about a guy who gets a knee op. then teaches himself to curl all over. He stayed cool and dependable all Brier.
Jon Mead.. and Jeff.. Awesome!!

I have seen Jeff curl for years now and he has alwasys been the smartest Skip on the Ice.
He pulled off the winners all week and that winning smile is back again.
He has restored that Manitoba Supremacy in Men's Curling.

Well done Manitoba.. You will be a real Pleasure to watch in Regina!

Last edited by UpYerKilt on 03-14-11 at 08:50AM

Old Post 03-14-11 08:47AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneShot
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Edit: Please add the following legends to the list. Jeff Stoughton, Jon Mead, Reid Carruthers, Steve Gould.

PLEASE!!! Reid Carruthers a "Legend"? He has a lot to prove in the next few decades to even get that recognition. I love watching Jeff and Jon and Steve and they will enter my books of legends as they fade away from the game. But as for Reid, he still has alot to do to get into the books of "Legends".

Congrats team MB and good luck at the worlds. Im sure it will be interesting and will do well. I enjoy watching Jeff curl and have loved the 96 and 99 years. Especially 99 since I was there at the Worlds to watch him play.

Old Post 03-14-11 09:00AM
OneShot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OneShot Click here to Send OneShot a Private Message Find more posts by OneShot Add OneShot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

So I am awarded the equivilent of the Best Foriegn Film Oscar? Well, thanks...I think.

Now if I can just learn to stay out of the Manitoba threads and the icemakers forum. For there is where angels fear to tread and I run the risk of looking stupid.

I, too, would like to thank Gerry and Dallas for their work on this site...a site that is growing in impact and importance inside the USA. I withhold my gratitude, however, because I am certain that they are growing stupid-super-rich on this site. Facebook and Google ain't nothin'. CZ is where the big bucks are being made. (for those that do not know me, look up the word Facetious)

There is an underappreciated poster in BC who doesn't post near enough. Teeman has intelligence and insight. I wish he would share them more often. I really appreciate that McEwen and his team are around. As most users, I appreciate that Manitoba Legend helps drive the discussion along with J-Ho. While I occasionally think that ML comes on too strong, he'll come down if you call him on it.

I have finished, sent off and received approval for my second-ever United States Curling News column. If you want to read a little more of my humble wordsmithing, check the very back pages...where they belong. As their newest columnist, I will hold off the humor (humour) until they get to know me.

Best Foriegn Poster? I rented a tux and all I got was an empty Pez dispenser and the Foreign Poster Postie? Well, thank you...I think.

Ben Tucker
North Dakota

Old Post 03-14-11 06:51PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote