Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > China is "snapping" at the heels of Sweden
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

China is "snapping" at the heels of Sweden

with the same win loss as them, and ahead by one game on Brewster of Scotland... mind you if the favorite teams keep winning, we could have a ' log jam " near the top and certain tie breakers for friday... Canada is "perched" comfortably on top ... and at this point only a complete let down , or collapse will prevent them from winning every game and remaining undefeated ...we'll see later whether the "cream rises " to the top or there is a "surprise" ahead ...been good curling from the few games I have watched on television ....Maybe the Chinese men have something to prove inlight of the rather poor showing of their women's team Wang earlier in Lethbridge.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-12 01:17PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deep_freeze
Hitting Paint

"You" keep "using" too many "apostrophes".

Old Post 04-03-12 01:38PM
deep_freeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deep_freeze Click here to Send deep_freeze a Private Message Find more posts by deep_freeze Add deep_freeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

SO MAYBE i DO DO YOU FIND THAT DIFFICULT TO READ? it is the content which folks judge one's comment who gives a frig about ,,,,,,, these?

Old Post 04-03-12 01:50PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deep_freeze
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
SO MAYBE i DO DO YOU FIND THAT DIFFICULT TO READ?

I genuinely found that bit difficult to read. I got it in the end though.

I think that your "content" could all be in one thread?

Old Post 04-03-12 02:08PM
deep_freeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deep_freeze Click here to Send deep_freeze a Private Message Find more posts by deep_freeze Add deep_freeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

China is entering the tougher part their schedule. Scotland, Noraway will test them, followed by Germany, then New Zealand, who if they still are in the mix, may give them a run, they finish with Canada.
They won a couple of WCT speils, but other than Fenson in one, and Fowler in the other didn't face any real top tier teams. Will be interesting to see how they do. A playoff spot, or at least a tiebreaker are definitely in sight.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-03-12 02:12PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

yep we'll see what China is made of, either fold up like a cheap "Walmart tent' or hang tough against the "big boys"

Old Post 04-03-12 02:33PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
yep we'll see what China is made of, either fold up like a cheap "Walmart tent' or hang tough against the "big boys"

" " actually these are quotation marks. This is and apostrophe '

Old Post 04-03-12 03:37PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

China has lost to both of the top teams they have faced so far in Scotland and Sweden. They have to play Norway and Canada yet, they need to figure out how to beat the top teams.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-03-12 04:01PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
China has lost to both of the top teams they have faced so far in Scotland and Sweden. They have to play Norway and Canada yet, they need to figure out how to beat the top teams.

Games have been close though, although today, trailing by 2 in the 10th with hammer was going to be tough against Scotland. Sweden jumped out to a big lead, but China battled back, again trailing by 2, without hammer in the 10th,it was going to be extremely difficult to steal the win. So ya, they need to figure out a way to beat the top tier teams.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-03-12 05:45PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

" " actually these are quotation marks. This is and apostrophe '

thanks for being a friggin school teacher dork if I wanted any corrections I would of asked for your in put , kindly get a life please....

Old Post 04-03-12 09:24PM
linz
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
thanks for being a friggin school teacher dork if I wanted any corrections I would of asked for your in put , kindly get a life please....

friggin'*
input*

Old Post 04-03-12 09:36PM
linz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for linz Click here to Send linz a Private Message Find more posts by linz Add linz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by linz

friggin'*
input*

It seems the reason I stopped commenting on the CBC curling forum , was because I wanted to avoid the arseholes who had nothing better on their mind but to "stir the pot" with moronic comments, funny how things follow you , here's my suggestion if you cannot say something intelligent about curling, keep it zipped up.... if you think picking on the "new kid" on the block will score you brownie points... your sadly mistaken .

Old Post 04-03-12 09:47PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
It seems the reason I stopped commenting on the CBC curling forum , was because I wanted to avoid the arseholes who had nothing better on their mind but to "stir the pot" with moronic comments, funny how things follow you , here's my suggestion if you cannot say something intelligent about curling, keep it zipped up.... if you think picking on the "new kid" on the block will score you brownie points... your sadly mistaken .

Best get used to it my cyber friend, there are many good posters here who have a lot of intelligent things to say, although you may disagree with them. I think it just tends to be the nature of the medium. You think it's bad here, try the Toronto Sun forums.

Casey Stengel

Last edited by celtichound on 04-03-12 at 10:33PM

Old Post 04-03-12 10:24PM
deep_freeze
Hitting Paint

quote:
funny how things follow you ,

There is probably a reason it is following you.

Old Post 04-04-12 03:51AM
Unregistered

China goes down to another of the top teams in Norway

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-04-12 07:52AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote