Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario Scotties
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Ontario Scotties Broadcast

Does anyone know if the Ontario Scotties is getting airtime? I doubt the round robin will, however they usually show the 1-2, Semi and Final.

I was under the impression Sportsnet was carrying the final, however it appears on their schedule, they are broadcasting the Alberta Final Sun Jan 12 at 3:30 on Sportnet Ontario. The Ontario final is at 4:00, so that somewhat eliminates showing it, if they are broadcasting the AB final.

Does anyone know?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-14 08:00PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Streaming of games on sheet 3 each draw.

http://www.livestream.com/soocurlerslive

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.146.107.33

Old Post 01-03-14 10:30PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Ontario Scotties Broadcast

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

The great Ontario matchup (for the rest of Canada anyways) would feature Middaugh vs. Horgan. I'm sure the other gals are good curlers but beyond their hometowns not really that well known. Middaugh is one of the superstars of canadian womens curling and Horgan is perceived as a potential threat to Homan's crown.

The most probable Ontario final would have to be Middaugh v. Auld. Obviously anything could happen.

Old Post 01-04-14 11:24PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Scotties Broadcast

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

The most probable Ontario final would have to be Middaugh v. Auld. Obviously anything could happen.

I would personally favour Horgan over Auld to be in the final. Although they may be experiencing some jet lag, they are coming off a big win which will bring their confidence way up. They will be very tough this week.

Old Post 01-05-14 12:09AM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I found the livestream link

Unfortunately Rogers Ottawa won't be showing the final

Old Post 01-06-14 01:06PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
I found the livestream link

Unfortunately Rogers Ottawa won't be showing the final

I'm cogeco cable in Ptbro. I was scrolling sportsnet today and they have about six channels and will be covering the Ontario and Manitoba finals on the weekend. Of course, four of the channels will probably be showing the same game.

Old Post 01-06-14 03:12PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shawno8079
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I'm cogeco cable in Ptbro. I was scrolling sportsnet today and they have about six channels and will be covering the Ontario and Manitoba finals on the weekend. Of course, four of the channels will probably be showing the same game.

Where did you see that they are covering the Ontario Final? I only see Manitoba, BC and Alberta

Old Post 01-06-14 04:18PM
Shawno8079 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shawno8079 Click here to Send Shawno8079 a Private Message Find more posts by Shawno8079 Add Shawno8079 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Shawno8079

Where did you see that they are covering the Ontario Final? I only see Manitoba, BC and Alberta

ditto

Old Post 01-06-14 05:07PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Shawno8079

It has been my experience with Cogeco that they quite often screw up their grid when posting times and teams playing. I'm not sure what channels you get or what crrier you have but I've just again done some scrolling and listed below is the outcome.

Sat at 7:00 pm on ch 38 shows Manitoba
Sat at 10:00 pm on ch 38 shows LIVE (bet that will be Ontario)
Also on Sat at 7:00 pm on
channels 151E, 152W and 153P all show Manitoba AND
at 10:00 pm, same channels shows LIVE.

Sunday on ch 38 at 10:00 am shows LIVE and games at 1:30 show Manitoba, 3:30 shows LIVE and games again at 7:00 pm Manitoba and 8:00 pm LIVE.

To make all this more interesting I checked SN1 on ch 426 and there is no curling showing on Sat (so far) and games on Sunday are at 12:30 PM and 5:00pm both Manitoba.

Now, what do you think of all that. Confusing or what...... I should mention that my grid doesn't show any games at all with Alberta and BC. I hope this information will be somewhat useful to you. Regards

Old Post 01-06-14 08:12PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

It has been my experience with Cogeco that they quite often screw up their grid when posting times and teams playing. I'm not sure what channels you get or what crrier you have but I've just again done some scrolling and listed below is the outcome.

Sat at 7:00 pm on ch 38 shows Manitoba
Sat at 10:00 pm on ch 38 shows LIVE (bet that will be Ontario)
Also on Sat at 7:00 pm on
channels 151E, 152W and 153P all show Manitoba AND
at 10:00 pm, same channels shows LIVE.

Sunday on ch 38 at 10:00 am shows LIVE and games at 1:30 show Manitoba, 3:30 shows LIVE and games again at 7:00 pm Manitoba and 8:00 pm LIVE.

To make all this more interesting I checked SN1 on ch 426 and there is no curling showing on Sat (so far) and games on Sunday are at 12:30 PM and 5:00pm both Manitoba.

Now, what do you think of all that. Confusing or what...... I should mention that my grid doesn't show any games at all with Alberta and BC. I hope this information will be somewhat useful to you. Regards

Sportsnet is showing;

Saturday:
Manitoba Semi #1 7:00PM SPONT
BC Semi-final 10:00 PM SPONT

Sunday:
Alberta Semi 10:30AM SPONT
Manitoba Semi #2 12:30PM SPONE
Alberta Final 3:30PM SPONT
Manitoba Final 5:00PM SPONE
BC FINAL 8:00PM SPONT

I see no ontario broadcast anywhere

Old Post 01-06-14 08:22PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

They're streaming the Ontario Scotties all week, currently Ryan Fry and E.J. Harnden are in the broadcast booth!

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 01-06-14 08:29PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ssrulle

Sportsnet is showing;

Saturday:
Manitoba Semi #1 7:00PM SPONT
BC Semi-final 10:00 PM SPONT

Sunday:
Alberta Semi 10:30AM SPONT
Manitoba Semi #2 12:30PM SPONE
Alberta Final 3:30PM SPONT
Manitoba Final 5:00PM SPONE
BC FINAL 8:00PM SPONT

I see no ontario broadcast anywhere

I'm just going to do some channel surfing on Sat and Sun on sportnet. Hopefully I'll come across an Ontario Semi and again hopefully an Ontario final.

Old Post 01-06-14 08:30PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry
They're streaming the Ontario Scotties all week, currently Ryan Fry and E.J. Harnden are in the broadcast booth!

Yes, thanks Gerry. I was watching the Reddick/Horgan game just now but stopped to check my e mails. I"ll be going in and out of that showing all week. Thanks again.

Old Post 01-06-14 08:33PM
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Didn't really like Horgan's strategy in the last end, that and a couple of missed shots forced her to play a double runback for the win. She'll have to bounce back from that loss quickly to move to the top of the standings.

Old Post 01-06-14 10:10PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Posada
Swing Artist

Sportsnet's women's provincial schedule is predictably crazy, with some games joined in progress on the other channels.

Only The Curling News TV/Web Guide has everything clearly mapped out for curling fans. Subscribers know this.

PS: The January issue also has the confirmed schedule of men's provincial TV/web coverage...

Old Post 01-07-14 01:52PM
Posada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Posada Click here to Send Posada a Private Message Visit Posada's homepage! Find more posts by Posada Add Posada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Anyone know why the 1pm game was postponed to tomorrow morning?

Old Post 01-07-14 02:24PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Compressor problems.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.69.45.10

Old Post 01-07-14 02:46PM
dugless_13
Harvey Hacksmasher

looks like Ontario is streaming now.

Old Post 01-07-14 03:39PM
dugless_13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_13 Click here to Send dugless_13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_13 Add dugless_13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Compressor problems.

Apparently the ice was dirty yesterday, so they decided to do a melt overnight.

It should be be all good by Thursday eve.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.229.240.28

Old Post 01-07-14 03:42PM
Super Rockchucker

Kathleen Wynne has stated all curlers affected by the dirty ice shall receive gift certificates from the Ontario government.

Old Post 01-07-14 03:46PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Live streaming

If the Soo Curling Club can set up live streaming why the hell cant TSN or Sportsnet do it?

Live streaming is where its at these days. Not only can u watch live but also chat with other curling fans across Ontario. It makes it a fantastic experience to view.

Hell, even CBC does it with their hockey games.

Auld & Middaugh are the ones to watch with Horgan close behind. Should be an interesting week.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.13

Old Post 01-07-14 04:12PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

The live streaming needs to make use of the overhead camera more. Very difficult to see the rocks looking down from the far end.
Compressor or dirt problem? which? Most clubs do a melt down over Christmas, can't imagine Soo not doing that knowing the championship was coming up.

Old Post 01-07-14 04:56PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cowtowncurler
Knee-Slider

Draw 3 Results

Horgan had a nice comeback tonight.

The Flaxey/Nichol game was a tight one but the Nicol team appeared to be outplayed in the extra end. Strong game from Katie Cottrill.

A bit surprised that Auld lost. I expect to see her in the playoffs though.

Old Post 01-07-14 10:58PM
cowtowncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cowtowncurler Click here to Send cowtowncurler a Private Message Find more posts by cowtowncurler Add cowtowncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Quite interesting - favourites like Auld are struggling (apparently lots of picks during their games), Middaugh is in the middle and at the top are Flaxley and Hastings...a changing of the guard in Ontario? Horgan is still lurking near the top as well.

Old Post 01-09-14 09:43AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I wonder why there is no on-line scoring this morning?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.103.167.20

Old Post 01-09-14 09:57AM