Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario Tankard
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: commentators

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound
Maybe I was too easy on Leigh earlier.....did I just hear her say that the Corner team has won 12 Ontario titles together? Not the first cringe worthy comment I've heard this week.

Simple slip in the sentence, the players have 12 provincial title amongst themselves. Leigh has done a brilliant job overall, especially with this being her first time. A huge improvement on the previous host.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-12 02:25PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: commentators

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Simple slip in the sentence, the players have 12 provincial title amongst themselves. Leigh has done a brilliant job overall, especially with this being her first time. A huge improvement on the previous host.

LOL. Are you referring to Marilyn Bodough?

Old Post 02-10-12 02:38PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Re: Re: commentators

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

I figured that was the case. I agree she's done a pretty good job.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-10-12 02:55PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Daryl Prebble- Team Corner

has this guy won an ON tankard?
If he has not then actually the Corner Team has a combined ON Tankard total of 11
Corner-5
Cracks- 4
Frans-2

Old Post 02-10-12 02:56PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Re: Daryl Prebble- Team Corner

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
has this guy won an ON tankard?
If he has not then actually the Corner Team has a combined ON Tankard total of 11
Corner-5
Cracks- 4
Frans-2

Prebble played with Epping last year.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-10-12 03:12PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

2011-12 Mixed Doubles

quote:

Prebble played with Epping last year.

The list is for winning the tankard and Epping/prebble did not win, Think it was GH

Old Post 02-10-12 04:01PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

2011-12 Mixed Doubles

quote:
Originally posted by decade

The list is for winning the tankard and Epping/prebble did not win, Think it was GH

No Leigh misspoke and said Corner teams had won 12 titles when she meant had 12 years experience between them. I think UYK just made the same error, only on the keyboard. I was simply trying to fill in the blank spot, not saying Epping won. Of course I knew Glen had won .

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-10-12 04:22PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Question 2011-12 Mixed Doubles

Sorry. I'm mistaken. Perhaps Leigh did mean 12 titles between them. Kilt was right thou. Corner 5 (1991,1992,1993,1994 with Russ Howard, 2000 as skip. McCarrel 4(1988-Savage,1998,2001,2005-Middaugh. Frans 2 (2002-Morris,2005 Middaugh). Some fact finder must have given her the wrong info. Prebble has never played on a Tankard winning team. I looked at the numbers again and they didn't look right for years experience, so I did a little fact checking of my own. Sorry for the confusion......it's my foots that fractured.....not my brain . Sorry, the subject is incorrect and I cann't seem to delete or change it.

Casey Stengel

Last edited by celtichound on 02-10-12 at 05:16PM

Old Post 02-10-12 05:07PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

2012 Alberta Scotties Tournament of Hearts

quote:
Sorry. I'm mistaken. Perhaps Leigh did mean 12 titles between them. Kilt was right thou. Corner 5 (1991,1992,1993,1994 with Russ Howard, 2000 as skip. McCarrel 4(1988-Savage,1998,2001,2005-Middaugh. Frans 2 (2002-Morris,2005 Middaugh). Some fact finder must have given her the wrong info. Prebble has never played on a Tankard winning team. I looked at the numbers again and they didn't look right for years experience, so I did a little fact checking of my own. Sorry for the confusion......it's my foots that fractured.....not my brain . Sorry, the subject is incorrect and I cann't seem to delete or change it.

Your right- surely even the research team at Rogers would not
have told her that they had 12 years experience. Corner must be close to or over 15 appearances alone.

Old Post 02-10-12 05:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Your right- surely even the research team at Rogers would not
have told her that they had 12 years experience. Corner must be close to or over 15 appearances alone.

Ya, once I made the previous post and looked at the numbers I thought the same thing.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-10-12 06:48PM
Unregistered

Tape delay Do you think next year they may webcast important draws like the last game of the round-robin??? Tape delaying until 10pm just stinks. I'm sure every curling club in the province would kick in 20 bucks to have the game on at 7pm to keep people at the club drinking! Heck, I'd pay 20 bones to have it on....maybe a webcast of delayed games next year???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.246.90.71

Old Post 02-10-12 07:10PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Did you try channel 470. It is free if you have a digital receiver and the curling is on that as a previous poster indicated. Thanks Rogers!

Old Post 02-10-12 07:17PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Rogers 63 has the game on now.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-10-12 07:31PM
China Supporter
Drawmaster

quote:
Rogers 63 has the game on now.

Or on 510 in High Defintion... You can see the duct tape gleam over the covered Dominion sponsorship on Team Howard's uniforms.

Old Post 02-10-12 08:16PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Nice of Mike Harris to repeatedly refer to Mark Kean as "Mike"

Old Post 02-11-12 08:36AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Are the games really on HD? I wouldn't think Rogers has or can afford HD equipment. Channel 510 doesn't even exist on Rogers in London. Watching playoff now on Rogers 13.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.249.78.107

Old Post 02-11-12 09:10AM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Nice run by teams Anderson and Deruelle, good luck.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-11-12 10:52AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Nice of Mike Harris to repeatedly refer to Mark Kean as "Mike"

Time to bring back Richard Hart.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.52.230.172

Old Post 02-11-12 11:20AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Yess

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Time to bring back Richard Hart.
..I thought I was the only one..

Old Post 02-11-12 11:55AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Are the games really on HD? I wouldn't think Rogers has or can afford HD equipment. Channel 510 doesn't even exist on Rogers in London. Watching playoff now on Rogers 13.

I'm Cogeco digital cable and don't have access to Rogers. Sooooooooooooooooo, won't be seeing toights game at all. Cogeco is covering OHL hockey. It will be tape delayed and will be on at either 11:00 pm/12:00 midnight. Too bad for me. On the bright side though, since changing from Shaw satellite to Cogeco cable I watched the mens all week and will be able to watch tomorrows final. Just mildy complaining. lol

Old Post 02-11-12 12:06PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so do you think glenn will go undefeated or will he be unfortunate enough to win evertyting then lose the final

in northern ontario jakubo is in the final and plays the winner of jacobs/philipps

jakubo has been impressive this week but also definately over achieving. Brad has been less then impressive i think and he'll be lucky to pull out a 3rd straight northern ontario crown.Brad may be a victim of the ice though, watching it online and i have seen atleast 20 picks

i think it will be a philipps/jakubo final, brad will go down in the semis to philipps

Old Post 02-11-12 12:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

IMO, the only team that could pull an upset is Corner. But really don't see Howard pulling a Rachel!

Old Post 02-11-12 02:35PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up good one

I think it will be a very convincing win by Howard.
they are really fired up, curling well and want another Brier - which they could win by the way Stoughton and Martin are limping along!

Old Post 02-11-12 03:04PM
Unregistered

Anyone have a link to the second tie breaker? I don't see updates

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 74.198.9.211

Old Post 02-11-12 03:07PM
Unregistered

Jacobs scored 8 in the Northern Ontario Semi against phillips

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.26.214.61

Old Post 02-11-12 04:59PM