Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Covid-19
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

World mixed curling championship is cancelled thanks to Covid-19... https://worldcurling.org/2020/08/wmxcc2020-cancelled/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-20 09:18AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

not surprised. the world junior are set to be held in china are they not?. im not sure how they expect that to happen. there's about a 90% chance that's gonna get cancelled too in my view

the problem curling faces is the same one tennis and baseball do. its very hard to create a bubble because the sport is based on travel. you cant do what hockey is doing and play the entire season in 1 place

with the border being closed to all non essential travel the american teams wont be able to come up to play the canadian spiels

european and asian teams may have to choose to ither stay home and play local or come here but im not even sure how many events there will be

Old Post 08-04-20 07:24AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Yeah, I do think curling within Canada and possibly even all together will have to be localized. But what exactly a calendar looks like I have no idea. If the big events arent going I struggle to see how many smaller ones will

I agree legend, I think, as much as I would miss it it's best to call off the cash season anyway. It's far to risky to have teams constantly coming in and out. Have we learned nothing from baseball?

Curling doesn't have the money that hockey does so its not like they could create a bubble for the teams either. Its cost far to much. Although if they were truly desperate to hold the brier and scottie next year I could see them using the scenario many have predicted will happen and just invite the Canada cup teams

Old Post 08-04-20 10:30AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Investigate the app Ontario is touting very carefully. If your phone is over 5 years old, the app is useless. Unless you have downloaded a recent OS, the app is useless. Only if the person who is diagnosed enters the info in their phone will you get alerts. If you have switched off Blue tooth ( to save battery life)_the app is useless Too many variables to put much faith in the app.

Old Post 08-05-20 04:46PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote