Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 2012 Manitoba Scotties
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Jennifer Jones escapes through her tiebreaker to clinch a playoff spot. Gave up a 3 in the first end but quickly turned the hammer around, seizing control with two 3-enders and a timely steal. We've seen this story before.. but there are some tough teams still in the way and any loss would end her run! However, this team definitely has the experience advantage and stubborn willpower heading into the playoff round.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-12 07:33PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Wow, DeRiviere pulls off yet another upset this week and takes out #2 seed Cathy O! I'm cheering for a JJ vs. Chelsea Carey final - I think those teams would give Manitoba the best representation at the national Scotties.

Old Post 01-28-12 07:48PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im thinking jen might need to be careful with lisa.

Old Post 01-28-12 07:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Wow, DeRiviere pulls off yet another upset this week and takes out #2 seed Cathy O! I'm cheering for a JJ vs. Chelsea Carey final - I think those teams would give Manitoba the best representation at the national Scotties.

Absolutely agree with this. Not trying to take away anything from the other 2 teams, but they would be mediocre at best.

Old Post 01-28-12 08:05PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Carey's on to her second final in a row!

Jones up 7-5 coming home.. Really hope they pull it off!!!

Seriously wish this was being webcasted/televised! Or at least being updated on twitter lol.

Old Post 01-28-12 11:19PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Jones wins 8-5!! I'm probably one of the very few that is happy to see Jones in the semis lol

Old Post 01-28-12 11:36PM
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh
Jones wins 8-5!! I'm probably one of the very few that is happy to see Jones in the semis lol

That would be an understatement!

Old Post 01-28-12 11:38PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh

x2

Old Post 01-28-12 11:40PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Spencer JJ game no gimmee after three. Two forces by Jones, plus an earned deuce. Thinks Jones is in control.

... typed too soon. Jones earned another deuce. 4-2 (as you can see...)

Broadcasting games is not rocket science nor even big business anymore. Games can be streamed for no cost with minimum of technology. There are no excuses other than lust-for-cash politics, laziness in volunteer recruitment, and lack of will. This I know.

Last edited by nelski on 01-29-12 at 11:33AM

Old Post 01-29-12 11:25AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
There are no excuses other than lust-for-cash politics, laziness in volunteer recruitment, and lack of will. This I know.

You are exactly right! It's all about the money.
If there is no or little to be made, they won't do it.
And you can't show something that might look like free advertising.

Old Post 01-29-12 11:41AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Re: RE: Manitoba Scotties TV coverage

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
when J Jones is on TV its MAGIC, the lady draws viewers like flies to you know what. One of the few great Manitoba sports heroes in live and living color, with the expressive big girl second and the expressionless red-headed lead, bastions of canadian curling for the last 7 or 8 years on CBC, TSN, worlds, scotties, big cash slams, etc.
[/B]
Hey Cap'n. Just to refresh our memory could you post the final shot of last years Scotties.

Old Post 01-29-12 11:55AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: RE: Manitoba Scotties TV coverage

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
or rather NO COVERAGE....

I do wonder why cable providers in BC, Alberta and Ontario are providing coverage of lesser lites like Kelly Scott, Marla Mallett, Michelle Englot, Middaugh, etc.

Shaw TV in Wpg spends an inordinate amount of time licking hind with the BOmbers and repeats those horrid bomber segments hour after hour, plus numerous trips to the dog pound, city dump, etc. Curling is really back-seated, thats bad!

i agree with you there. Its completely rediculous that here win winnipeg the best updates we have of whats going on in the provincial championship on tv is the 5 second segment they do on the ctv news at night

but i think calling those other curlers lesser lites is a bit of an insult

Old Post 01-29-12 11:55AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jj up 5-2 and looking set to the final with chelsey. I'll throw my support 100% behind chelsey just ecause, as i said i think it would be great to see her break through. She is easily the best team in the country that does not yet have a provincial title to her credit.

Old Post 01-29-12 11:56AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
You are exactly right! It's all about the money.
If there is no or little to be made, they won't do it.
And you can't show something that might look like free advertising.

I want to do it - surreptitiously - we just need a collective to shoot the games to UStream. Teams. Curling Clubs would definitely support this idea. Event organzizers would be supportive. Media writers who can't attend EVERY EVENT might also be supportive. All we need is a good wireless signal. We don't need Sports governing bodies nor Sponsors to do this. It's for the fans. It's for the teams. Put me in jail. What rule am I breaking again? Why don't you want this again? I forget. You say I can't... uhm... who are we harming again? I'm in. Book me.

Old Post 01-29-12 12:01PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: RE: Manitoba Scotties TV coverage

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Hey Cap'n. Just to refresh our memory could you post the final shot of last years Scotties.

The site is not letting pictures get posted, just links to the pictures.

Old Post 01-29-12 12:12PM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Jones off to the final! One more!!!!

Old Post 01-29-12 01:17PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

So strong contender regardless of the outcome.

Old Post 01-29-12 01:19PM
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

I think this is the strongest final Manitoban curling fans could have hoped for, considering the teams that made the playoffs. The final should be a doozy! Whoever picks this win up will definitely deserve the provincial title - Jones for rattling off 5 straight must-win games, or Carey for taking down the province's curling giant in a high-stakes final! Good luck to both teams and I look forward to cheering on the winner in the national STOH! (although I will admit that I am cheering for JJ just a little bit!)

Old Post 01-29-12 01:23PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i sure wish i could watch this game

i assume chelsey has the hammer by cirtue of her first place finish?

i wonder, if thats the case if she has a strategy to try and keep things more open

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 02:58PM

Old Post 01-29-12 02:53PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

..apparently mike mcewen and dawn askin are engaged..i did not know that

Old Post 01-29-12 02:57PM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
..apparently mike mcewen and dawn askin are engaged..i did not know that

Yeah, happened around Christmas/New Years

Old Post 01-29-12 03:00PM
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

Looks like Carey is playing scared early on. She knows she cant beat JJ with rocks in play...

Old Post 01-29-12 03:08PM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

definately seems like chelsey wants to keep it open

3 ends and 3 blanks

Old Post 01-29-12 03:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ManitobaRulz
Looks like Carey is playing scared early on. She knows she cant beat JJ with rocks in play...

mike mccewen is watching the game. Apparently the ice is very straight and its pretty hard to get anything to burry. There hasnt been a lack of trying though

Old Post 01-29-12 03:13PM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Neither team is playing scared, ice is straighter, so they can't bury anything

Old Post 01-29-12 03:13PM