Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario Tankard
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Super Rockchucker

Re: Who will make the Final?

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
Anderson already off to a 2-0 start on Corner..who are looking pretty tired and sore (Sorry guys)...Cant see this Team handling TWO big games today but wish them luck anyway

LMAO. The good luck slag. Nice one.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-12 10:06AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Houdini Howard

Slam! article about Glenn's narrow escape last night

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Curling/2...2/19369666.html

Old Post 02-12-12 10:30AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Corner thru, we can only hope that the final is just as thrilling as last nights was. Virtue up on Martin the 5th.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-12-12 12:39PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Question year of upsets

holding my breath for Brock in Alberta..
MB Fowler edging Lyburn but faces McEwen in Final.
Maybe Mike will finally get a Tankard!

I dont care who wins ON here because whoever does will deserve it.. Corner can certainly stay the mental game with Howard..just who excecutes and When!!

Old Post 02-12-12 12:51PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Re: Who will make the Final?

quote:
Anderson already off to a 2-0 start on Corner..who are looking pretty tired and sore (Sorry guys)...Cant see this Team handling TWO big games today but wish them luck anyway

Does saying sorry make it less of a "slag"?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.144.38.247

Old Post 02-12-12 01:25PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Quite funny that on the previous page, you had to scold a poster for questioning McCarrel's sweeping yet you feel you can say Corner's team is looking pretty tired. Frankly the comment about McCarrel's sweeping was only a point and not a slag, you had this desire to bitch about them.
You can dish it out, you sure can not take it.

Old Post 02-12-12 01:48PM
Unregistered

Re: thanks for all the attention

quote:
I actually feel quite sorry for you that you have no Life around you that you can just be Happy about

Hmm, how many hours do you spend at your computer posting vile remarks?
We're even. I feel sorry for you that your life keeps you so bitter.

Old Post 02-12-12 01:57PM
Unregistered

Re: poor pathetic, lonely you

quote:
Bye.. thats my last comment.

You are such a tease! If only that was your last comment.

Old Post 02-12-12 02:11PM
Unregistered

Well that was short.

Old Post 02-12-12 02:16PM
Unregistered

HD 510 available only in City of Toronto

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter
Rogers TV has a lot of HD broadcast equipment and operates the Toronto community channel in Toronto in HD. 510 is reserved across Ontario for the eventual upgrading of stations to HD.

The final, if tape delayed due to hockey, is available live on Rogers digital channel 470 in SD with tape delay to after hockey.

Thanks.

It is in HD... I checked 470 where the feed is not HD and you have that screen crunching that occurs when you watch regular coverage on a HD unit.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.236.215.180

Old Post 02-12-12 02:19PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Yee HaW

SEVEN in a row by Team Howard

way to go Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 02-12-12 04:49PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

A great game by both skips. Came down to the last rock, Glenn almost rolled too far but it held on.
Wayne still gives his opinion far too much and in the last end either Craig or Brent could be heard saying to him-"we want Glenn make that decision"

Old Post 02-12-12 04:53PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
A great game by both skips. Came down to the last rock, Glenn almost rolled too far but it held on.
Wayne still gives his opinion far too much and in the last end either Craig or Brent could be heard saying to him-"we want Glenn make that decision"

I agree, great shooting and strategy by both teams. Great drama at the end. Perhaps Waynes opinions stem from the fact that he skipped his own teams for so long. May take time for him to get used to the dynamic on the team. Well done guys.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-12-12 05:03PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Team Howard is fine

Wayne is used to being a skip so he's strong willed.
He doesnt need time to get used to the dynamic of this Team if you listened to the Interviews during this Event.

Open Communication works with this Team.
They talk openly about it and there arent fights about it.

Hope they get a Brier and maybe a worlds together

Old Post 02-12-12 05:07PM
China Supporter
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Quite funny that on the previous page, you had to scold a poster for questioning McCarrel's sweeping yet you feel you can say Corner's team is looking pretty tired. Frankly the comment about McCarrel's sweeping was only a point and not a slag, you had this desire to bitch about them.
You can dish it out, you sure can not take it.

I'll be honest I did not know about Graeme's health let alone his past and success with Team Middaugh.

What is amazing is that if Corner had won, everyone on Team Russ Howard's squad from the 1993 World Championships would have skipped Ontario to a Brier.

I don't understand the need for vitirol attacks on posters who ask legitimate questions whether they be in public or in private...

Old Post 02-12-12 06:33PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

Re: HD 510 available only in City of Toronto

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Guess I am fortunate to live in the 416 to get this HD Feed.

Old Post 02-12-12 06:34PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
... is that if Corner had won, everyone on Team Russ Howard's squad from the 1993 World Championships would have skipped Ontario to a Brier....
It's amazing that this already happened, when Corner skipped a team to the Brier several years ago. He beat Middaugh in the Ontario final in Ottawa/Nepean to get to the Brier.

Old Post 02-12-12 06:59PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:

What is amazing is that if Corner had won, everyone on Team Russ Howard's squad from the 1993 World Championships would have skipped Ontario to a Brier.

Peter Corner skipped Ontario at the Brier in 2000... He went 8-3 and lost a tiebreaker I believe.

Old Post 02-12-12 07:01PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smellslikefish
Swing Artist

Re: Then dont make them

quote:
You dont have to worry Guest has attacked me for you..so you can enjoy the vindication.

I guess you also have a very short memory since I am one of very very few people who have shown interest and support for your Chinese Team.
Support and pride..goes many ways Nathan

You made your bed lassie...
If people do not like you, you have only yourself to blame.

Old Post 02-12-12 07:09PM
Smellslikefish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smellslikefish Click here to Send Smellslikefish a Private Message Find more posts by Smellslikefish Add Smellslikefish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Red face

quote:
I wouldnt say he "doesnt like me"..

\

Old Post 02-12-12 10:35PM
Super Rockchucker

Re: Thanks Smelly

quote:
I dont really care if you and a couple of you nasty posters like me or not.

LOL. I think you've underestimated.

Old Post 02-12-12 10:42PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: HI honey Im home..

quote:
I will be in Ottawa this week..let's meet for a drink and you can say all your gripes right to my face.. which club?

Hylands, don't be late.

Old Post 02-12-12 10:52PM
Unregistered

Isn't that pointless since you do not care what people think?

Old Post 02-12-12 10:54PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: HI honey Im home..

quote:
I will be in Ottawa this week..let's meet for a drink and you can say all your gripes right to my face.. which club?

Hey, sweet. Come to the Ottawa Wednesday. You can buy me a rum and we'll gossip about the Manitoba Legend.

Old Post 02-13-12 09:25AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

If you people are going to continue this childish conversation take it to the pit instead of derailing this forum.
Thanks

Old Post 02-13-12 11:07AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote