Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Curling Club Chat > Olympic Teams
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Knee-Slider

Olympic Teams

Maybe I'm a little confused, but can someone tell me why the teams that made the olympics are not eligible to play in the scotties or the Brier? There appears to be no conflict in schedule, I'm not sure of the rational. As well, can someone please explain why the 5th player for Rachel Homan was deemed ineligible to be her 5th at the Olympics? Isn't that a bit of a kick in the head?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-18 09:57AM
Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Prior to the start of the Olympics (Feb 8?) all the curling teams are going to a training camp somewhere in Asia - probably Japan. So that is why Team Homan is not playing. Plus they don't need to tire themselves out prior to their big competition the Olympics. Then there is the opening ceremony which no doubt is special especially your first time.

Like same for the Men - they may be tired and exhausted after their Olympic experience and depending on the timing of AB's Provincials - they may not be available.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-18 10:23AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote