Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 2012 Safeway Select Manitoba
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

and do you really have to bring this up again? i dont see any need to bring up this when its just going to cause another argument..unless thats what you want

i thought we'd decided to just leave this alone

Did we?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-12 11:49AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Did we?

i thought we did. and i hope we can because i really dont feel like continuing on

whats the point when it doesnt go anywhere?

Old Post 02-11-12 11:50AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

whats the point when it doesnt go anywhere?

The point is you are WRONG! Your idea that Stoughton and Peters should have been sent home after only their 4th game is stated politely, goofy. You could concede that, no?

Old Post 02-11-12 12:07PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

The point is you are WRONG! Your idea that Stoughton and Peters should have been sent home after only their 4th game is stated politely, goofy. You could concede that, no?

boy you really like to argue dont you?

your trying to tell me that my oppinnion is wrong when technically its impossible for an oppinion to be wrong

Old Post 02-11-12 12:15PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

You are a horrible speller.

Old Post 02-11-12 12:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

yeah, because i worry about that here

why cant you just let me think what i think and forget about it? if you disagree fine but i think were done now

anyway...jeff is up 7-5 and playing 10 with hammer. Vic will need a miracle to pull this out now

Last edited by misty1 on 02-11-12 at 12:22PM

Old Post 02-11-12 12:20PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and jeff wins 7-5

so who does he play now again the loser of mcewen/elias right?

Old Post 02-11-12 12:31PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

If a person can not spell simple words correctly, one wonders how bright they are?

Old Post 02-11-12 12:31PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i dont worry to much about getting my spelling correct on an internet curling forum

Old Post 02-11-12 12:34PM
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
If a person can not spell simple words correctly, one wonders how bright they are?

Although I agree with your thoughts on the draw Cappy. I do agree with Misty that you're making a really big deal about one persons opinion. After all isn't that what a fourm is all about?. Hearing peoples opinions. So I agree with you Cappy and I'm a horible speller. So I guess my opinion is worthless because of my bad spelling?

To take this in different direction what are the thoughts on Manitoba having 32 teams in their provincials?

Old Post 02-11-12 12:45PM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

Here's one for you. Tonight Shaw is showing a game at 6:30. We know the 1 vs. 2 page game will be McEwen, Lyburn. If you were a betting person you'd have to put Stoughton and Fowler in the 3/4 game. What game do want to see on TV? Both McEwen and Lyburn will be back tomorrow no matter what happens in their game so I would rather see the 3/4 game because for one team they're out. What's you thoughts?

Old Post 02-11-12 01:02PM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I would rather see stoughton/fowler. As you say mcewen and lyburn will be seen tommorrow eitherway.

i think they will go with fowler/stoughton to because the defending champion(jeff) might be going home and they would probably want to show that

if jeff and rob do get through that is...i think they will show jeff no matter whyo he plays if he makes it to tonight

Last edited by misty1 on 02-11-12 at 02:01PM

Old Post 02-11-12 01:17PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Maybe that is why Misty does an awful lot of editing.

Old Post 02-11-12 02:26PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

looks like jeff and rob each managed to pull out some tight ones

makes for some good tv later on tonight

Old Post 02-11-12 06:10PM
Sean
Administrator

Wowzers! Stoughton has been eliminated by Rob Fowler! The Defending Manitoba/Canadian/World Champions are out.

It's Mike's to lose now

Old Post 02-11-12 10:13PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Oh sh*t Stoughton's out!

Can't see anyone but McEwen winning now

Old Post 02-11-12 10:15PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Nice Brandony finish to the MB Safeway Championships this year. We're talking teams 3 teams rooted in the Brandon Curling Club - of course only Fowler is there now, but McEwan and Lyburn both came out of that club. Smart teams. Might have to drive across to Dauphin to watch a couple of games in the morning.

Old Post 02-12-12 12:45AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Stoughton and co. went out with total class tonight. They responded to the crowds applause with smiles and acknowledgement. Stoughton even went over to the first row and gave his broom to a lucky fan. True class all the way...even in defeat!

Old Post 02-12-12 12:51AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

It was a very moving scene. The Stoughton era had ended (for now) by a former rinkmate who curled his heart out. St. Stoughton's Fire did not seem to be burning this week. This would have been Jeff's 10th Manitoba championship.

Now, his entire focus can be on the one thing he's never been able to attain - representing Canada at the Olympics.

The scene of the Stoughton 4 classily congratulating their opponents, then having their own congratulatory moment was quite touching. Going into the crowd and dispensing their equipment to youngsters who might be the next Jeff, the next Jon, the next Reid, the next Steve was even more touching.

A special moment in the lore of Manitoba curling and for once, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH A RUNNING STONE!

All I can add to this is .... yep!

Old Post 02-12-12 01:26AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Location: down the street from psychotic right next to oblivious

is the shaw broadcast done with equipment from the 60's? that picture is brutal!! all blurry!! at least on Shaw Direct it is...wow, the internet feed is almost better.

Old Post 02-12-12 10:03AM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by the yap
is the shaw broadcast done with equipment from the 60's? that picture is brutal!! all blurry!! at least on Shaw Direct it is...wow, the internet feed is almost better.

I don't know about other provinces but last night after Shaw showed the McEwen Lyburn semi (instead of the last chance to see the defending, select, brier, and world champ) they flipped over to show the BC semi. It was a great game that ended up in an extra end. The broadcast flipped over to watch 5 minutes of an ice fishing show with 3 shots left in the extra end. These people can't do anything right. But now I'm watching the Lyburn brothers playing an entertaining semi. On what else? Shaw, the only ones that will show it. It's like riding the bus to work, it sucks but it's all you got. I miss Global. Never thought I'd say that. Joe Pascucci I miss you. Now that's bad.

Old Post 02-12-12 11:26AM
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

very questionable call by fowler followed by a horrible miss by willie...yawn-type finish

Old Post 02-12-12 01:09PM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by the yap
very questionable call by fowler followed by a horrible miss by willie...yawn-type finish

really?
what would you have called?

Old Post 02-12-12 01:30PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido

really?
what would you have called?

As good as he was playing see how hard that shot was?
could have easily thrown top 12 in front of shot rock or top eight foot to the left or right of shot rock.

The shot he played had zero room for error.

Same with the tap he tried for 3. was an easy deuce and got greedy and ended up with a disappointing one.

of course this is all moot but, as the saying goes....gotta be good to be lucky

Old Post 02-12-12 01:48PM
datheca1
Knee-Slider

Cool

The obvious call to me on Fowler's last was draw around the guard to the tee to sit 1 & 2 then Willie has no last shot

Old Post 02-12-12 02:00PM
datheca1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for datheca1 Click here to Send datheca1 a Private Message Find more posts by datheca1 Add datheca1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote