Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misty1
Supreme Champion!

sherry one game away from qualifying for provincials

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-12 06:33PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by misty1
sherry one game away from qualifying for provincials [/QUOTE

And with that win she has qualified

Old Post 01-14-12 09:36PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

C'Mon Jenn

and hopefully Hanna will be the other Team thru

well done Sherry Middaugh..

Old Post 01-15-12 07:49AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

1 More Win Required For Hanna!

Old Post 01-15-12 05:21PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Provincial Lineup

Jenn Hanna made it look easy, handing Julie Hastings a 10-1 loss in 5 ends. She clinches the final spot in provincials.

Here are the 10 teams competing:

Cathy Auld
Kathy Brown
Marlo Dahl
Jenn Hanna
Rachel Homan
Tracy Horgan
Krista McCarville
Sherry Middaugh
Allison Nimik
Laura Pickering

The Provincials will begin January 23.

Old Post 01-15-12 08:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

thats a very tough looking list. I dont think you'll find a harder looking provincial anywhere

hanna, middaugh, homan, mcarville and dark horses like horgan..WOW

Old Post 01-15-12 08:17PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Team Hanna better start driving now. It is almost 2000km to Kenora.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.68.97.203

Old Post 01-15-12 08:24PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

I think it's going to be a good tournament! Middaugh and Hanna are going to make it a little more interesting!

Old Post 01-15-12 08:37PM
Super Rockchucker

Question Missing Links

STOH Provincials are almost ready to go and I cannot find a website for the event let alone the Kenora curling club website. Does anyone have links?

Old Post 01-16-12 12:09PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Re: Missing Links

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
STOH Provincials are almost ready to go and I cannot find a website for the event let alone the Kenora curling club website. Does anyone have links?

Kenora Curling Club does not have a website, just a blog. Unless a 2012 Ontario Scotties website is created, you'll have to wait for the OCA to post the draw schedules and results.

Old Post 01-16-12 12:21PM
Unregistered

Should be a tightly contested Ontario Scotties this year up North in Kenora. My top 5 goes a little something like this:

5th- Hanna- solid but inconsistent team has a decent week, just missing out on the play-offs.

4th- Horgan- Good young team that keeps improving every year, still have work to put in before they play in a Scotties.

3rd- Homan- One of the very best young skips in the country. However, something seems to be missing this year. I say the trend continues and they loose the semi.

2nd- Middaugh- They started the year off as hot as anybody in the county but seemed to have cooled off the last couple months.I expect them to play well all week, loosing a close final.

winner- McCarville- It's hard to believe she has played in 7 finals in a row. This year she makes it 8, winning a close final against Sherry. I expect she will have a good run at the Scotties finishing top 3.

Good luck to everyone

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.13.60

Old Post 01-16-12 04:27PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Should be a tightly contested Ontario Scotties this year up North in Kenora. My top 5 goes a little something like this:

5th- Hanna- solid but inconsistent team has a decent week, just missing out on the play-offs.

4th- Horgan- Good young team that keeps improving every year, still have work to put in before they play in a Scotties.

3rd- Homan- One of the very best young skips in the country. However, something seems to be missing this year. I say the trend continues and they loose the semi.

2nd- Middaugh- They started the year off as hot as anybody in the county but seemed to have cooled off the last couple months.I expect them to play well all week, loosing a close final.

winner- McCarville- It's hard to believe she has played in 7 finals in a row. This year she makes it 8, winning a close final against Sherry. I expect she will have a good run at the Scotties finishing top 3.

Good luck to everyone

There are some points I agree with you on but others I don't. I agree that Homan probably won't win it this year. I also agree that Sherry 'close but no cigar' Middaugh will lose the final, but I don't think McCarville is going to win it. She's not as strong without Tara George, and now that her all star second Kari Lavoie (MacLean) is not participating she has inconsistent Sarah Lang at second and Liz Kingston (a new addition as of December) playing lead. If by chance they win, they won't be in playoff contention at the Scotties, unless the field is weak. Hanna has what it takes to win, but whether she can is another question. I'm not sure about Horgan either. I would add Cathy Auld to the playoffs, she's the dark horse in this competition. She defeated Homan and Hanna in the Regional Competition, if she can beat them, McCarville and Horgan.. Maybe Middaugh will lose the Final to Auld?

Auld, Horgan, McCarville, Homan, Hanna and Middaugh are the six teams to watch! One of those six will represent Ontario in Red Deer.

Old Post 01-16-12 04:48PM
Unregistered

All they can do is hope the ice is good in the far North.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.5.126

Old Post 01-16-12 05:20PM
Unregistered

I actually believe McCarville's team is as strong as ever.
Tara hasn't been on the team for two years now. Ashley has had time to grow into her new role on the team. Imo, she is more consistent then Tara ever was.
As for "All-star" Kari being absent, Imo, Sarah is a much better hitter now. I like the way Sarah throws the rock, a hair in-out with lots of rotation (just like her dad). I even here that Kari will be playing lead when she gets back next year.
Don't sleep on Liz Kingston, she had lots of success playing with Heather Houston back in the day. She can play.
This team is "youngery" and well coached by one of the best. I stand by my pick.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.13.60

Old Post 01-16-12 05:50PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
I actually believe McCarville's team is as strong as ever.
Tara hasn't been on the team for two years now. Ashley has had time to grow into her new role on the team. Imo, she is more consistent then Tara ever was.
As for "All-star" Kari being absent, Imo, Sarah is a much better hitter now. I like the way Sarah throws the rock, a hair in-out with lots of rotation (just like her dad). I even here that Kari will be playing lead when she gets back next year.
Don't sleep on Liz Kingston, she had lots of success playing with Heather Houston back in the day. She can play.
This team is "youngery" and well coached by one of the best. I stand by my pick.

We shall see what happens! I still think Auld is going to be in the playoffs at the end of the week!

Old Post 01-16-12 05:56PM
jamielb77
Knee-Slider

Re: Missing Links

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

It looks like they might be prepping this one...

http://www.playdowns.com/noca/event.php?id_cmp=144

They used it 2 years ago when the Scotties were last held in the North. The NOCA updates are very good!

http://www.playdowns.com/noca/event.php?id_cmp=15

Old Post 01-16-12 06:40PM
jamielb77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamielb77 Click here to Send jamielb77 a Private Message Find more posts by jamielb77 Add jamielb77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Looks like shaw cable is doing the Page games along with the semi-final and final on TV.....if you get shaw.

Old Post 01-17-12 02:14PM
Unregistered

playdowns.com is an excellent website. Updates are ASAP, and very often descriptions of ends/situations are given. All of you southern whiners will be pleasantly suprised (disclaimer: i live in Toronto lol).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.242.2.208

Old Post 01-17-12 07:19PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
playdowns.com is an excellent website. Updates are ASAP, and very often descriptions of ends/situations are given. All of you southern whiners will be pleasantly suprised (disclaimer: i live in Toronto lol).

Playdowns.com is fantastic.. immediate updates after each end, live discussions with shot by shot coverage during games/finals! Ontario, BC and New Brunswick Scotties will live feed through playdowns! Nova Scotia and PEI will go through Livecurling.com. NFLD, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta will stream results through their Provincial Curling Association Websites. Be warned, last year the Manitoba Curling Association website crashed during the final, and Saskatchewan had problems a year or two ago with increased traffic.

Old Post 01-17-12 07:30PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Hanna vs. Homan would be a great test!

Wednesday night January 18, 9 PM Ottawa Curling Club.
It's Homan vs Hanna. Sheet 4, Cash League.
Provincial prequel?

Old Post 01-17-12 07:55PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Wednesday night January 18, 9 PM Ottawa Curling Club.
It's Homan vs Hanna. Sheet 4, Cash League.
Provincial prequel?

Not really... it's a different state of mind to be curling in a cashspiel vs a provincial championship

Old Post 01-17-12 07:57PM
Unregistered

neither one will have a hope on that ice!

Old Post 01-17-12 09:54PM
jamielb77
Knee-Slider

The draw is now out.

http://www.playdowns.com/noca/draw-sched.php?id_cmp=144

I've gotta root for McCarville, and the draw 1 match-up against Homan will be very interesting.

Old Post 01-17-12 10:44PM
jamielb77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamielb77 Click here to Send jamielb77 a Private Message Find more posts by jamielb77 Add jamielb77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up VERY

Thanks for the draw jamie...both of these Teams are so under-prepped this season.

Always love Krista cause she has the talent but never finishes well - and I've been watching every single year since she suddenly rose up to beat Marilyn Bodogh way back when

Rachel Homan's Team are defending ON reps but they seem to have been "half" there this season. Maybe personal priorities, balanced lifestyles
whatever.. they are probably the most Talented Women's team in Canada.. but just dont seem that ready to go the Jones-style of living on the ice road...to get World-champion primed to win...

Interesting read in todays Chronical Journal ( NW ON paper)

http://www.chroniclejournal.com/con...e-dahl-ontarios

Old Post 01-18-12 08:40AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Cathy Auld...The dark horse?

I know I've discussed Cathy Auld previously, however I just have this feeling she is going to be the dark horse, under the radar from the media. I was just looking at the 2009 Ontario Scotties, and was reminded Team Auld came third in round robin play, but lost the 3/4 game. In 2008 throwing last rocks for Alison Goring, Auld lost the final to Krista McCarville.

She has a much stronger team than 2009, and they have been working hard. She defeated Rachel Homan and Jenn Hanna in the Regional playoffs to win the A-side. Perhaps the Final could feature team Auld? A rematch of the '08 final between Auld and McCarville? or a rematch of the A regions between Hanna and Auld? Maybe a rematch of the A Region Semi's between Homan and Auld? I guess we won't know until next Sunday!

Old Post 01-18-12 08:57AM