Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Is competitive curling in the near future of Mackenzie Zacharias?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OverAndOut
Harvey Hacksmasher

Is competitive curling in the near future of Mackenzie Zacharias?

Thinking it would be a significant loss if Mackenzie Zacharias walks away from competitive curling. She's skipped in two Scotties ... before turning 23 years old.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-23 02:52PM
OverAndOut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OverAndOut Click here to Send OverAndOut a Private Message Find more posts by OverAndOut Add OverAndOut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Yes! David Murdoch better get himself to Manitoba and have lunch with her. Canada can’t afford to lose such a great young curler.

Old Post 04-16-23 07:25PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Definitely. They mentioned her wanting to focus on her career, and if that is why she is stepping away, fair enough. But if joining up with Jones was a way to be mentored, this was a completely wasted year for Mackenzie. She was seriously underused and I felt she was sacrificing her future as a successful skip while watching Burgess prance around making half shots all year. A totally lost year for MZ.

Old Post 04-16-23 09:33PM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

The release said "..focus on her career and other passions in her life..." so I'm not entirely buying the focusing on her career reasoning, but it is what it is. I wonder when/if her sister leaves the team as well?

Old Post 04-17-23 03:54AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sunny423726
Knee-Slider

The fact that yes. I think she is one of the most professional curlers. You can watch more videos of her competitions. Or if you're interested, you can watch the karts contest in smash karts.

Old Post 04-18-23 02:48AM
Sunny423726 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sunny423726 Find more posts by Sunny423726 Add Sunny423726 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingWatcher1
If you knew Scotties 2024/25 would be the last curling event ever because of another world changing event, would you waste your last bastion of freedom on earth doing curling or would you do other stuff?

March 11, 2020
March 11, 2024/25

Get it, now?

What's the event? And why do you and Zacharias know and not the rest of the world? Or is this like your men's worlds predictions that ended up being completely wrong?

Old Post 04-18-23 07:03AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I wouldn't be surprised if she was walking away for good. If you pay attention you'll notice there's a lack of young curlers following through to seniors lately. It does seem like a growing number are quitting after juniors or shortly after . Retiring young . The idea of curling into your 40s and 50s doesn't seem like doesnt something many want to do . It's a problem

She may be just another in a list that made a national final and decided that's enough

Last edited by misty1 on 04-18-23 at 11:24AM

Old Post 04-18-23 09:05AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

Mary Fay was the most recent (that I can recall) that stepped away from the game to pursue her education/career. And she didn't even play post juniors.
Though Norberg was/is a doctor so who knows what can happen in the future for her.

Old Post 04-18-23 08:02PM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postyre
Knee-Slider

Re: pizza tower

I'm not sure about this

Old Post 04-26-23 03:31AM
Postyre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Postyre Find more posts by Postyre Add Postyre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emmausa
Knee-Slider

I think everyone has their own strengths and they should focus on the areas where they are most confident and experienced.
contexto

Old Post 04-27-23 10:36PM
emmausa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for emmausa Find more posts by emmausa Add emmausa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Johnny_Richi
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911
Mary Fay was the most recent (that I can recall) that stepped away from the game to pursue her education/career. And she didn't even play post juniors.
Though Norberg was/is a doctor so who knows what can happen in the future for her.
In order to be able to work and study, I find this (https://www.studydriver.com/oppression-essay/) service extremely useful. As a student, I understand that many of us would like to have more free time or the ability to combine study and work.

Thank you for answer!

Old Post 05-04-23 10:06AM
Johnny_Richi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny_Richi Find more posts by Johnny_Richi Add Johnny_Richi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote