Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario New Teams & Rumours
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steviewondering
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well... It would've been an interesting team to watch.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-31-15 01:24PM
Steviewondering is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steviewondering Click here to Send Steviewondering a Private Message Find more posts by Steviewondering Add Steviewondering to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Who is on Jake Walker's team for next year?

Old Post 03-31-15 02:27PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Who is on Jake Walker's team for next year?

Old Post 03-31-15 02:27PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Jake Walker
Brett Dekoning
Brad Kidd
Scott Brandon

Shocked you guys even believed that terrible rumour of Saville skipping that team...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.249.49.17

Old Post 03-31-15 03:35PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team Kean

2015-16: Mark Kean, Bowie Abbis-Mills, Spencer Nuttall and Fraser Reid

Old Post 04-01-15 05:00PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Normally I'm pretty skeptical about announcements on April 1, but the Team Kean one seems pretty legit:

https://www.facebook.com/teamkean/posts/895154990523579

All K-W Granite alumni

Old Post 04-01-15 06:01PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Fowler. Mead. Taylor.Savill

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.200.78.136

Old Post 04-02-15 08:25PM
Unregistered

Once again ML you make no sense. Rob Fowler skipped a team that beat defending World Champion Jeff Stoughton and Mike McEwen en route to winning the Select. He then went on to win Bronze at the Brier. How can you possibly put Calvert ahead of him? This is an Ontario curling thread so let's talk about Ontario curling.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.55.216.96

Old Post 04-02-15 09:12PM
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

That's a pretty good team on paper. Mead and Savvy musta bonded playing for the Grey Ghost!

Only problem is that Robby Fowler is a very good BUT NOT GREAT SKIP.

I'd put McEwen, Reid Carruthers and even Old Jeff ahead of him. Maybe Kid Calvert, too!

Well, Fowler was good enough to be a Bronze Medalist at the 2012 Brier. He's on CKLQ In the Hack tonight.

Old Post 04-02-15 09:13PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Once again ML you make no sense. Rob Fowler skipped a team that beat defending World Champion Jeff Stoughton and Mike McEwen en route to winning the Select. He then went on to win Bronze at the Brier. How can you possibly put Calvert ahead of him? This is an Ontario curling thread so let's talk about Ontario curling.

You know how it is with Manitoba Legend. He falls passionately in love with a young curler who just happens to be hot at the moment and makes them out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.. i.e Erin Carmody

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.254.115

Old Post 04-02-15 10:15PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Yep - mostly hits, some misses

Erin Carmody (jury out)
Jenn Hanna (eyelash of winning Cdn title)
Kelsey Rocque (next great thing in womens game)
Rachel Homan (no dispute)
Emma Miskew (no dispute)
Kaitlyn Lawes (slightly rocky beginning, very strong player today)
Bray Moskowy (best third in Manitoba now)
Stephanie Schmidt (pretty great debut @ STOH)

Must point out I never slobber-fawned over Andrea Kelly or PEI Lefty; they've never lived up to their billings!
Kinda liked young Krista McCarville when she first came outta the chute, kinda fizzled!
Also never slobbered about Young Chelsea Carey - too many flaws in her game!

As for Calvert I see a maturity in his game. Great shooters who've started to master some of the little things that often take a decade of experience. And they know they've got room to improve.

Now back to regularly scheduled Ontario thread!!!

krista didnt fizzle she took time off to have a child

Last edited by misty1 on 04-02-15 at 11:30PM

Old Post 04-02-15 10:47PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

Bray Moskowy (best third in Manitoba now)

You obviously have never heard of or seen a guy like BJ Neufeld play.. Or you just blindly with no objectivity hate all things related to Mike McEwen

Old Post 04-03-15 06:59AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

You're actually right. BJ invariably puts up slightly higher numbers than Bray but Moskowy contributes a lot more helping his skip, etc. Both tremendous players. If I had to pick one I'd go with Bray cuz he's got a slightly better touch game even though he's not quite the machinist Neufeld is.

We're both assuming Jon Mead has fallen off the map cuz Mead at his best would horse-whip both Moskowy and Neufeld.

I respectfully disagree. BJ is lightyears ahead of Moskowy in every possible category..well unless you count second guessing his skip category

Old Post 04-03-15 09:43AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Moskowy has already (at 26) been in 2 Briers (both with average skips) while BJ hasn't had a sniff with a so-called great skip. Why is that?

Why was a so-called average skip (Carruthers) and the 2nd best 3rd able to vanquish the best skip and the best 3rd?

Think about it?

And everyone will agree McEwen possesses the top front end in Manitoba!

the fact that he has bee at 2 briers while bj hasnt means nothing when comparing the 2 by skill and if you are trying to say that mike hasnt gotten to a brier because of bj you are dead wrong.

bj is the best 3rd in the world right now . moskowy isnt even top 5

i would rate martin crete, ryan fry, mark nichols, john morris, whichever one of wayne middaugh or richard hart plays 3rd for glenn next year as well as international 3rds torger nergard, oskar eriksson and peter de cruz ahead of him. (i know decruz is skip but he plays 3rd rocks)

the entrie mcewen team tends to freeze up in finals in manitoba not just BJ

and i dont agree at all that virtue and carruthers are only average skips. virtue at one doing made 3 provincial finals in a row , you dont do that as an average skip. carruthers struggled at the brier but he is a top skip with a previous provincial final to his credit.

Last edited by misty1 on 04-03-15 at 11:49AM

Old Post 04-03-15 11:33AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

LOL, I wonder if he is just as entertaining in the world he lives in.

Old Post 04-03-15 11:55AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

lol ML puts Steve Laycock ahead of Mike McEwen what a joke lol I think it is a very easy assumption to make that ML doesn't get Sportsnet therefore he missed all the Grand Slams this year

Old Post 04-03-15 12:38PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
lol ML puts Steve Laycock ahead of Mike McEwen what a joke lol I think it is a very easy assumption to make that ML doesn't get Sportsnet therefore he missed all the Grand Slams this year

its almost as much of a joke that he tied calvert with bottcher and above epping

Old Post 04-03-15 02:24PM
Unregistered

Oops I thought this was the Ontario New Teams and Rumours thread...WTF!!!! why do certain individuals feel the need to hijack every %$!$@#* thread?????

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.69.8.54

Old Post 04-03-15 02:27PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

With that language, keep in Ontario!!!!

Old Post 04-03-15 03:07PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Oops I thought this was the Ontario New Teams and Rumours thread...WTF!!!! why do certain individuals feel the need to hijack every %$!$@#* thread?????

sorry, i know i contributed. Its just..i couldnt believe when he ranked moskowy ahead of neufeld and then basically said that BJ was the reason the team Mcewen hadnt gotten out of manitoba yet

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-03-15 04:07PM
Unregistered

ONTARIO NEW TEAMS AND RUMOURS ^^^^^
You westerners like to take over every thread....

Any other teams out there?

What are the following players doing:

Scott Mcdonald
Travis Fanset
Codey Maus
Wes Forget
Matt Mapletoft
Wayne Tuck
Pat Ferris
Jake Higgs
Ryan Myler
Rob Retchless & co
Chris Gardner
Mike Anderson
Colin Down & co
Richard Krell
Darryl Prebble & co
Terry Corbin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.249.49.29

Old Post 04-13-15 01:58PM
Unregistered

Colin Dow team is staying together

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.171.246.4

Old Post 04-13-15 03:25PM
Unregistered

kind of surprised mapletoft keeps getting dumped every season. he seems like a strong player

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-13-15 04:00PM
Unregistered

Mapletoft is a great player... More so just unfortunate..

Wasn't exactly dumped, it just seemed as if the other 3 were given opportunities that were difficult to turn down.

I believe Squires is joining forces with Bice (2013 Brier Participants)
While, Reid and Nuttall have teamed up with Kean (2014 Brier Participants)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.236.142.139

Old Post 04-14-15 12:26AM
Krell
Knee-Slider

Richard Krell, Ben Bevan and Carter Adair will be playing together next year, and have added Aaron Chapman at lead.

Old Post 04-17-15 03:08PM
Krell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krell Click here to Send Krell a Private Message Find more posts by Krell Add Krell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote