Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > manitoba curling
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

manitoba curling

I was wondering what changes teams in Manitoba would like to see happen with the tour. Has anyone heard when our call or meeting will be taking place or has that been pushed back? I have had talks with several people and we bounced ideas around, some good, others not as good but its good to talk and throw ideas around.

The points system needs to be updated in my opinion. Get rid of the gold,silver,bronze events and just have everything done with CTRS points. The way I was looking at it was if team A qualifies in Portage(32 teams and strong field), and team B qualifies at the Thistle(20 teams with average field) why should they get 22 MCT points each. Those events should not be equal in my mind. That's why going to CTRS makes sense. The SFM is taken into account.

Personally I'd like to see the allocation of provincial spots be awarded in a different way as well. Have the defending champ, spring berth, fall berth, winner of tour champ all get spots along with the top 16 in CTRS rankings for that season, have 3 spots in the MCA and the remaining 9 go to the 7 regions. 1 spot in 5 regions and 2 in the regions with the highest number of entered teams.

There was an idea that the tour champ should be a free event. The 16 teams that have earned enough points to get in are invited. You could take a small amount from every purse from the events during the year to make your tour championship purse. Then the event is rotated through the clubs that have paid in. If there is 5 events that pay in then every 5 years your club would host the tour championship.

I know there is a ton of other good ideas out there and I hope people will share them. The teams playing on these tours every weekend deserve a say in how things are done.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-17-15 11:31AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: manitoba curling

quote:
Originally posted by Justintwiss
I was wondering what changes teams in Manitoba would like to see happen with the tour. Has anyone heard when our call or meeting will be taking place or has that been pushed back? I have had talks with several people and we bounced ideas around, some good, others not as good but its good to talk and throw ideas around.

The points system needs to be updated in my opinion. Get rid of the gold,silver,bronze events and just have everything done with CTRS points. The way I was looking at it was if team A qualifies in Portage(32 teams and strong field), and team B qualifies at the Thistle(20 teams with average field) why should they get 22 MCT points each. Those events should not be equal in my mind. That's why going to CTRS makes sense. The SFM is taken into account.

Have you talked to Resby about this? The system was implemented to balance the interests of all the events on the MCT and to ensure that it just doesn't become a qualifying system for the elite teams.

By having a more balanced points structure you will see more opportunities for the teams who regularly play the MCT to collect those spots. It's about ensuring teams play more MCT events.

If you went to the CTRS only, the spots would be earned by qualifying in Portage, at Morris and there wouldn't be much incentive for teams to put together a schedule that includes multiple Manitoba events.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 12-17-15 06:56PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

Actually all the events in Manitoba with the exception of the last event at the thistle, (I didn't play this one so cant say for sure), have CTRS points. So there is an incentive to play close to home. Also the 11 teams that have provincial spots from berth, CTRS, MCT points are the top 11 teams in Manitoba on the CTRS list.

There was going to be a phone call/meeting and last I heard from Resby was it was supposed to be last weekend. Now I know people are busy this time of year but a simple email saying when a good time is would have been nice. It had already been pushed back from the first date that was set because only a handful of people were interested in taking part. Me being one of them.

By going to a different way of figuring out points not only the elite teams get in. The teams further down on the list will still play the MCT events and by offering more spots through the tour and less at zones I have heard from teams that if they were close they would have played at least 1 more event to try and get that spot.

With the amount of spots given to teams for points now there are only 5 or 6 teams that have a shot at points spots by the tour championship. The others are too far back to catch up even if they have a good weekend. So if you have no shot at getting the spot are you going to play that last event or 2?

Old Post 12-18-15 08:28AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote