Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Deja vu all over again. One up playing nine... but this time with the hammer. Wish I had a video stream. Play smart Team Canada. Get that medal.

update: 2 up without... a bigger gap, but watch out for that Korean coach. Go team Canada. Win that Bronze.

Last edited by nelski on 03-25-12 at 01:36PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-12 01:33PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I smell a deuce ...9 rocks to go

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

Old Post 03-25-12 01:41PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Deja vu all over again. One up playing nine... but this time with the hammer. Wish I had a video stream. Play smart Team Canada. Get that medal.

update: 2 up without... a bigger gap, but watch out for that Korean coach. Go team Canada. Win that Bronze.

O/T: it's a little surreal to see someone with a Korean flag avatar cheering for Canada.

Old Post 03-25-12 01:59PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up Bronze Medal ROCKS

Great game. Congratulations ladies.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:01PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats ladies

Old Post 03-25-12 02:02PM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Wish I could have seen this game- Congratulations Team Canada!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.52.230.172

Old Post 03-25-12 02:02PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Just curious - was Kim shooting for the tie or the win when she wrecked? (no video)

Old Post 03-25-12 02:03PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hooper
O/T: it's a little surreal to see someone with a Korean flag avatar cheering for Canada.

LOL. I have a soft spot for all things Korean and they went flagless here at CZ for more than half of the event. Bottom line though... Go Canada Go. Koreans put our sport up a notch and Team Canada has to polish their boots. These scrappy afterthoughts won't win them many more games at this level, though their style got them out of Canada. COACHES - take note.

Bottom line: We hit the podium. Happy day for Canada. Well done Korea.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:07PM
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Just curious - was Kim shooting for the tie or the win when she wrecked? (no video)

she was shooting for the tie. Thing is she made a really questionable shot on her first. She played a quiet shot to freeze her rock to canada's shot stone.

If she had played more weight at it she would have been sitting 2 behing cover and heather would have been in trouble. Instead by playing the quiet weight she basically handed canada the win

Old Post 03-25-12 02:07PM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Thumbs up

Well done .

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-25-12 02:08PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Is anyon else concerned that Heather playedf her first shot the way she did? a more experienced skip there would have made the hit to sit two behind cover and then all of a sudden 3 would have been alive.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:10PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie svy
she was shooting for the tie. Thing is she made a really questionable shot on her first. She played a quiet shot to freeze her rock to canada's shot stone. If she had played more weight at it she would have been sitting 2 behing cover and heather would have been in trouble. Instead by playing the quiet weight she basically handed canada the win

oops! sounds like a coaching error! a strategy error! they are not infallible on that front. The pressure of the game can be a nasty interference. We love our sport. TY for the clarification Val.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:12PM
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:

LOL. I have a soft spot for all things Korean and they went flagless here at CZ for more than half of the event. Bottom line though... Go Canada Go. Koreans put our sport up a notch and Team Canada has to polish their boots. These scrappy afterthoughts won't win them many more games at this level, though their style got them out of Canada. COACHES - take note.

Bottom line: We hit the podium. Happy day for Canada. Well done Korea.

Agreed. 10 points for Oly quals (not that Canada would miss the Olys), a medal, and a team that actually cares about the bronze medal game. For all we can criticize about them, there's a lot to like as well.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:17PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

wow.... that was some horrid strategy at the end of the game by team Canada. I thought that they were actually trying to give Korea a shot for 3. The tight guard on heathers first was insane. She thought it over curled, but in reality if it doesnt curl that extra few inches they are in huge trouble. That was just dumb, listen to your lead Heather and throw the hit. I was cheering against Canada at the end, just for being dumb.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.67.46.103

Old Post 03-25-12 02:26PM
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
wow.... that was some horrid strategy at the end of the game by team Canada. I thought that they were actually trying to give Korea a shot for 3. The tight guard on heathers first was insane. She thought it over curled, but in reality if it doesnt curl that extra few inches they are in huge trouble. That was just dumb, listen to your lead Heather and throw the hit. I was cheering against Canada at the end, just for being dumb.

Could a nose hit on the top red rock have cleared both red rocks from the rings?

Old Post 03-25-12 02:39PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

a 9-5 team won a bronze - WOOHOO ... AWESOME!!
couldnt stand the swearing or the fake antics for the camera.

Buh-bye!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-25-12 02:52PM
Dunno
Harvey Hacksmasher

Not a fan of the bronze metal game.. The winner of the 3-4 game should be guaranteed at least bronze IMO. If you finish fourth that's what you deserve.. It's like giving Tiger a second chance at a missed 3 foot putt to win.. Korea deserved it! Everyone knows that the bronze game at the brier and Scott's is a cash grab for the CCA.. So have they team payouts gone up since introducing this game??

Old Post 03-25-12 03:47PM
Dunno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dunno Find more posts by Dunno Add Dunno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Congratulations Team Canada on a good win. Was so happy to see the Bronze medal game meant something to you all. Good Luck on your future endeavours. Very proud of you all today.

Old Post 03-25-12 03:58PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

looking for a video stream for the gold medal game. can anyone help me out?

Old Post 03-25-12 05:09PM
Unregistered

quote:
a 9-5 team won a bronze - WOOHOO ... AWESOME!!
couldnt stand the swearing or the fake antics for the camera.

Buh-bye!!

are you a Canadian? or just an armchair/club curler fully of envy or jealousy? or just simply a petty person?

so sad.

way to go heather and team. good to see a team hold their head up and execute after a tough loss yesterday.

yes, you did stir things up - and that's a good thing! all four of you did Canada proud.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.141.142.30

Old Post 03-25-12 05:13PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

The worst suggestions were from Iskiw. She wanted to freeze with two rocks to come. This is one of their big weaknesses, Heather needs better input from her team and apparently only the lead has good ideas in tricky spots, and they don't listen much to her. The peel the top counter suggestion was the right shot every time.

Note that although I picked Scotland to win gold ( ooppss ), I did pick G. Howard to win the Brier and H. Nedohin to win World bronze ( at a point where many on this forum was already counting out Glenn and coronating Heather's world gold early ).

Korea still has tons of rough edges; their skip is far too hyper, running out to sweep etc etc. I think teams will be more prepared to play them now, so next year will be interesting to see if they can respond. Great week but sophomore jinx would not surprise me.

Canada did well, around what one might expect from a first time team that hasn't ever been to the Scotties before. If they work on their strategy ( so that every single member has strong understanding of their approach ), they can improve. Otherwise,
this will be their last appearance at the World event. I was extremely surprised they won Scotties, not because they aren't great throwers, but because their strategy is substandard for this level. The good news is that is the easiest thing to work on. This point is hard to make when you are successful regardless. But look out, here comes Homan, J. Jones, Webster, Carey, ... . Curling's going to get real good soon.

Old Post 03-25-12 05:42PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i think the peel weight raise was there for korea for the win - glad they didnt try it

Not on their last one, Canada covered everything and all they had was the very difficult tap they tried or an extremely thin double. For all the mistakes Canada made late in the end, their last shot was almost perfect. Took away a lot of angles, and made Korea need to make a perfect shot just to tie.

Old Post 03-25-12 05:48PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender
... But look out, here comes Homan, J. Jones, Webster, Carey, ... . Curling's going to get real good soon.

Lots of great stuff in your whole post, but so much this. Both the men's and women's teams in Canada seem to be transitioning, albeit at different paces. This may be the last available Olympics cycle for a whole bunch of teams (or at least a lot of skips). But as always, there's a ton of talent in the pipeline. It's just a matter of getting it organized to have a few dominant teams that can compete with the manufactured full-time teams of the other countries.

Old Post 03-25-12 06:13PM
StonePunter
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
looking for a video stream for the gold medal game. can anyone help me out?

All over it -- sorry I wasn't "here" for the the all-you-can-handle buffet the Koreans served up to Canada. No promises, but I'm certain one of the EuroSports is broadcasting and that we can find a feed or two.

(Continuing my obsession: The non-English Euro dude is not speaking Swedish. I keep hearing him say "quattro" for four...)

ADD: Ugh -- this doesn't look promising. EuroSport has it scheduled on delay, 05h30 EDT, near as I can figure -- I'm still looking at some other places, but that's a big hit. Is it streaming on TSN?)

Last edited by StonePunter on 03-25-12 at 06:41PM

Old Post 03-25-12 06:26PM
StonePunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StonePunter Click here to Send StonePunter a Private Message Find more posts by StonePunter Add StonePunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

no. tsn not streaming. will watch #wwcc2012 tweats and linescores I guess. Thanks anyway SP.

Old Post 03-25-12 07:07PM