Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameon
Hitting Paint

Re: you're not alone

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter
I have 10 people in the Motherland asking me for an update about China v. Switzerland.

Wish I was there to at least give a social media update on this game...

CH tried to run the last two ends because they were up 3 aft 8... China laying one biting button and MO drew button for win... great last rock win.

China chased the whole game and really didn't have much going... didn't think CH looked that good, but they made the right shots. All the percentages were good on both teams and game didn't look like all players were over 80.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-12 01:07AM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
The commissars over at TSN have mandated that all curling broadcasts must terminate within 3.5 seconds of Canadian game ending. No broadcasts of draws when Canada not registered on drawsheet. Slight exception made for selected page playoff games should canada not proceed.

Signed,

Deputy Registrar of Curling Control

Josef S.

All Hail, Josef S.

I don't agree often with ML but I do this time... TSN should have shown the finals of the other three games because all had super finishes, as the winning skips made great shots under pressure.

Old Post 03-18-12 01:10AM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

The Swe/Kor game was some scrap. Kor trailed the whole game and were only in the game because the skip made a game saver almost every end… the shot she made in 9 was an absolute pistol against a sure 3 if not more… and Swe missed runback and only got one to come home 2 up. Swe skip was a touch heavy on her last rock freeze in 10th and Kor made nice come around tap back for 3.

This game was a classic example of one skip out-shooting the other to win… and some pretty questionable strategy by Swe to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Like you can takeout an opponent rock in the last end when you’re two up.

Old Post 03-18-12 01:29AM
StonePunter
Harvey Hacksmasher

Circumventing CRTC Curling Restrictions

For those looking for more than what TSN is offering, there's this page:

http://www.curlingrocks.net/news/20...onship-underway

It claims the WCF will stream some (non-US) games. The WCF page lists all the "circled" games from various broadcasters around the globe:

http://www.worldcurling.org/ford-wo...tv-web-schedule

(CCTV is apparently showing all the Chinese RR games. There's even some Brazilian TV station too?)

That first site also contains another link to Universal Sports that promises some kind of coverage and is worth checking out (but I'm too tired to read their fine print).

Old Post 03-18-12 04:22AM
StonePunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StonePunter Click here to Send StonePunter a Private Message Find more posts by StonePunter Add StonePunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

CCTV5 does NOT show all Chinese RR games. In fact, they show a subset of the games that Eurosport shows, among them 2 of 11 China games.

Seems like there isn't much camera coverage. All Canada games, but besides that only 0 or 1 other game per draw at all.

Having coverage of all four sheets was such a sweet thing during the Olympics ...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 95.91.32.105

Old Post 03-18-12 05:08AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I was in the arena to watch the last shot played by Korea. It was an incredible shot for three and the crowd went nuts. It was nice to see the Korean team so excited. Too bad TSN didn`t show this great ending.

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately unless TSN decides to how us how the game went or the wcf uploads the game to youtube most of us will never see it

Old Post 03-18-12 08:00AM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think why TSN only bothers with Canada up to the end is because most of the viewers are Canadian. Add it it to the fact that most of the viewers are only watching the game as a casual curling fan and because Canada is playing someone else and there you go.

I dont think TSN thinks that anyone really cares about seeing how the other games end. Sadly thats probably true for the most part. For those of us that do care I guess it's just to bad.

Old Post 03-18-12 08:08AM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I suggest you twitters, log some complaints to @TSNCurling.

I was also surprised/astonished that TSN had the nerve to just go away after Canada won. Isn't this what everyone criticized CBC for doing in 2005?

This isn't the 2012 Canadian World Women's Championship, there are other teams there too.

Old Post 03-18-12 09:42AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

For those who do not twit - from their web site.

If you have a question or comment about a program or event you saw on TSN, the television network, please direct all enquiries to TSN Audience Relations audiencerelations@tsn.ca or call them at 416-384-7660

Curling is a second class event to TSN, just compare the number and quality of advertisers on a curling broadcast to the two events that bump todays games back 1/2 hr- auto racing and a March madness game.

Also it only took me 3 ends to turn the mute on. The screaming and ridiculous comments from the players is unbelievable. Are they so unsure of themselves that they need to be pumped for every shot?

Old Post 03-18-12 10:06AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Denmark 3 - Russia 2 after 4 ends

Germany 2 - Scotland 0 after 4 ends (2 steals in a row)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 109.130.117.73

Old Post 03-18-12 12:08PM
Unregistered

Early signs would indicate these Germans girls will be fine without Andrea. It is a long week so we'll see but good so far

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 03-18-12 12:15PM
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
For those who do not twit - from their web site.

If you have a question or comment about a program or event you saw on TSN, the television network, please direct all enquiries to TSN Audience Relations audiencerelations@tsn.ca or call them at 416-384-7660

Curling is a second class event to TSN, just compare the number and quality of advertisers on a curling broadcast to the two events that bump todays games back 1/2 hr- auto racing and a March madness game.

Also it only took me 3 ends to turn the mute on. The screaming and ridiculous comments from the players is unbelievable. Are they so unsure of themselves that they need to be pumped for every shot?

If curling where a second class event on TSN do you honestly believe they would show the Brier and STOH and at least one World Championship from beginning to end?

Old Post 03-18-12 12:19PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Russia 2 - Denmark 4 (5th end break)

Scotland 2 - Germany 2 (5th end break)

Old Post 03-18-12 12:24PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

If curling where a second class event on TSN do you honestly believe they would show the Brier and STOH and at least one World Championship from beginning to end?

They do have to meet some silly CRTC regulation about Canadian content.

Old Post 03-18-12 12:25PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

I think it's ovious that curling takes a back seat to pretty much everything else on TSN.

Old Post 03-18-12 12:30PM
Unregistered

Can anyone comment on the games even if it's not Canada:-((

Old Post 03-18-12 12:44PM
StonePunter
Harvey Hacksmasher

March Plaidness

quote:
CCTV5 does NOT show all Chinese RR games. In fact, they show a subset of the games that Eurosport shows, among them 2 of 11 China games.

ty for that clarification. The original link promised "Extensive coverage of Round Robin and final stages". (And my Chinese literacy is on par with my cat.)

Curious to know what the cameras were doing for this third draw -- it's the only one I couldn't find some kind of promised upcoming live coverage (based on the somewhat useless press release I linked to previously). Most of those links (once I finally looked at them) proved disappointing. It was the Curling Rocks site that suggested the WCF would be streaming games; they're not as far as I can tell. Universal apparently hasn't updated their site since the 2011 WCCs.

Looks like Brazil's SporTV2 is threatening coverage of the fifth draw between the Danes and Scots. (Canadian curling viewers, don't forget, are legally obligated to not watch other matches until their home nation's game is complete.)

And for those of you not lucky enough to have at least one TSN television channel piped into your home, there's this link:

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/...anada-vs-china-(curling).html

This (obvs) is Canada-China and I'm guessing it'll be TSN's feed. Between the pop-up ads and Vic Rauter, I feel for you if this is your only source to watch.

(The above link seems to get cut off at the hyphen, so you'll have to copy&paste it.)

Old Post 03-18-12 01:25PM
StonePunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StonePunter Click here to Send StonePunter a Private Message Find more posts by StonePunter Add StonePunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Can anyone comment on the games even if it's not Canada:-((

AlCameron' on his twitter posts his comments on the games. That is the best we have

Old Post 03-18-12 01:31PM
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Germany takes 2 in the ninth end to lead 6-4

Old Post 03-18-12 01:35PM
Unregistered

EXTRA END !!!!!

Old Post 03-18-12 01:54PM
Sean
Administrator

The Germans go to 2-0 after beating Eve Muirhead(SCO)

Already with just 3 draws done, some very interesting storylines have cropped up.

Old Post 03-18-12 02:14PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

If anyone had any doubts about GER i think those have been put to rest. They're for real. Don't forget they won this thing a couple years ago,Andrea getting hurt might see the emergence of a new young powerhouse. How does Eve feel, she's a pro curler, does nothing else and loses to a girl who hadn't thrown in a month and got called in days before event.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.87.85.200

Old Post 03-18-12 02:18PM
Unregistered

Wow the Germans with Melanie Robillard at the helm beats back to back Denmark and the favorite Scotland!!

Incredible achievement

Congrats for the outstanding start.

Old Post 03-18-12 02:18PM
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hopefully the Germans can keep this going. The time with Andrea has no doubt done these young ladies well

Very impressed with Lehmann. Drew full four foot for the extra end win over Scotland

Old Post 03-18-12 02:20PM
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
They do have to meet some silly CRTC regulation about Canadian content.

Your argument and reasoning are flawed. I suspect you are upset over the scheduling not being convenient for you.

Old Post 03-18-12 03:03PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote