Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > No more MCA food/bar coupons
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rjc140
Harvey Hacksmasher

No more MCA food/bar coupons

I think that a lot of the MCA bonspiel competitors are going to be disappointed this year when they open their bonspiel package and find that the food/bar coupons have been discontinued. Curl Manitoba in their infinite wisdom have decided that rather than give out the $48 in coupons they will instead give each competitor a commemorative mug, a shoe bag, and a crest. I'm guessing most of us will end up putting these items up for grabs in our neighbour's garage sale next summer. If they really didn't want to give out the coupons I think they should have just reduced our entry fee by $50 rather than giving us useless trinkets like that. I'm sure this will also affect the bottom line of the various curling clubs who usually see an upswing in bar and kitchen sales.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-13 11:18PM
rjc140 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rjc140 Click here to Send rjc140 a Private Message Find more posts by rjc140 Add rjc140 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

I agree that alot will be upset with this decesion, but it shouldn't make or break your bonspiel. We recevied an e-mail from our club plugging the calcutta night and they mentioned the packages including those vouchers, so some will be surprized. I see more clubs trying to get the party started. The Thistle has the Dust Rinos playing Fri. and Sat. night. All in all I'm looking foreward to a great speil.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-13 10:55AM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote