Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 125th MCA Bonspiel Registration Deadline
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

125th MCA Bonspiel Registration Deadline

Today is the final day to register for the 125th MCA Bonspiel. I know a lot of older curlers out there who say that the MCA ain't what it used to be and won't give it another chance.

Yes it has changed over the years, but it is still a great opportunity to take part in a "World's Biggest Bonspiel" The 6 game guarantee for $75.00/player is a steal! It is too bad the format has changed from years past, but I just don't think people can commit a full week to this event any more. I will be curling again this year, we were one win away from a minor event final last year and looking to improve on that this year. Hope to see you there!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-02-13 11:25AM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

According to thecurler.com, entries are at 425 with just a few hours to go before the deadline. 23 more entries to go to get it to 448!

Old Post 01-02-13 01:02PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sweat Towel
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TDR
According to thecurler.com, entries are at 425 with just a few hours to go before the deadline. 23 more entries to go to get it to 448!

I waited till last moment to get our team in without knowing about the non-guarantee. Sucks. But just found out we are on a waiting list with 23/32 teams entered. So heres to hoping all those others like me get their last minute curling shopping done too.

Old Post 01-02-13 01:34PM
Sweat Towel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sweat Towel Click here to Send Sweat Towel a Private Message Find more posts by Sweat Towel Add Sweat Towel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Good luck @Sweat Towel, I'd love to see it hit 448! I would imagine there is a lot of activity today, hopefully there are a bunch more last minute teams to get those numbers up.

Old Post 01-02-13 04:06PM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

CurlManitoba has tweeted that 448 teams have now registered!

http://twitter.com/curlmanitoba

Old Post 01-02-13 04:14PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

If you are going, there will be a few US CZers at the event. Tuck, WestMD, Frykenstein and Third Nerd will be playing as a team. I am dying because I was supposed to be there with them but work travel gets in the way.

JH
have fun storming the castle boys

Old Post 01-02-13 04:43PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

JH - I haven't run into any American Curlers yet, but looking forward to it. We did tip a few back with some Sri Lankan cricket players last year, looking forward to another great bonspiel.

Old Post 01-02-13 08:39PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Coming to my first with a team from southern Wisconsin. Looking forward to a great time!

Old Post 01-02-13 09:16PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Enjoy the experience, I hope we cross paths somewhere over the weekend. Cheers!

Old Post 01-03-13 10:06AM
Hitachi
Knee-Slider

Does anyone know where and when the draw will be posted?

Old Post 01-09-13 08:15PM
Hitachi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hitachi Click here to Send Hitachi a Private Message Find more posts by Hitachi Add Hitachi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote