Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > MCA Bonspiel Draw
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ruralkid
Harvey Hacksmasher

MCA Bonspiel Draw

Does anyone know when the MCA Bonspiel draw will be out? I always love to see the first round match ups as there is usually a couple of key match ups right off the hop.

I have heard Saturday, but can anyone confirm it?

Can't wait to see it with the 448 teams, & being the 125 anniversary!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-13 09:21AM
ruralkid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruralkid Click here to Send ruralkid a Private Message Find more posts by ruralkid Add ruralkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

The draw will be in the Free Press and the Sun on Sat. Check the thecurler.com on Friday night they might put it up.

Old Post 01-11-13 10:46AM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

The Free Press messed up this morning, they double printed one piece of the draw, and missed another piece. I still don't know when I curl! It is not up on the Curlmanitoba site yet either. Anyone know where I can find an online draw?

Old Post 01-12-13 11:44AM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

http://www.thecurler.com/story,news...A-BONSPIEL-DRAW

Old Post 01-12-13 04:30PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruralkid
Harvey Hacksmasher

The draw out & here are a couple of key match ups to get things going that i would predict could be coin flips to see who wins.
These are in no particular order as just going through the draw courtesy of thecurler.com

Ian Beavis vs Richard Muntain - Muntain, had a solid season but Beavis is no sleeper.

Dennis Bohn vs Steen Sigurdson - Both solid teams

Steve Pauls vs Bryce McEwen - Pauls should be the favorite but you never know

Murray Woodward vs David Kraichy - Will be a lot of good shots made in this one!

Earle Brewer vs Jared Kolomaya - Not a lot of people are going to recognize Brewer, but it is Brent Strachan team.

I know there will be more, & my pick to win a safeway championship spot is Randy Neufeld. Always does well in the MCA bonspiel, good luck to everyone!

Old Post 01-14-13 09:43AM
ruralkid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruralkid Click here to Send ruralkid a Private Message Find more posts by ruralkid Add ruralkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

As an MCA rookie, I am looking for 5 things every curler MUST do while there.

I already have:

1) Visit the Granite club.

2) Have Tuck by me a drink.

Actually, I need EIGHT to round out the top ten.

Thanks.

TJ
Looking forward to curling but not the 13 hour drive.

Last edited by TJNCJ on 01-15-13 at 09:58AM

Old Post 01-15-13 09:43AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
As an MCA rookie, give me the 5 things every curler MUST do while there.

I already have:

1) Visit the Granite club.

2) Have Tuck by me a drink.

Ok, give me EIGHT to round out the top ten.

TJ
Looking forward to curling but not the 13 hour drive.

3) Visit the Snake Pit on Fri. or Sat. night (West Kildonan C.C.)

4) Have some pizza at the Fort Rouge C.C.

5) 3 clubs that I know of have live Entertainment I think on both Friday and Sat. Fort Gary 1 man band is awesome, St. Vital had a good band last year not sure about this year. Thistle has the Dust Rinos a Celtic band it should be a blast.

6) If your in a club and see Darryl Lee on the board come find me and I'd love to buy you a drink.

7) If you don't have fun it's your fault for not trying hard enough. Make sure the drive is worth it bud.

8) Airport hotel Friday afternoon to watch my mom dance. Haha. Sorry mom.

There are a few of my faves. Let's here others

Old Post 01-15-13 10:07AM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Another one:

I want to check out headquarters at CanadInns Polo Park. I think (but I'm not sure) they're supposed to have some displays commemorating the 125th.

Old Post 01-15-13 01:42PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Willy Lyburn will battle China for the Aggregate.

Ryan Hyde, Sam Good, Dave Elias and Richard Mutain will capture the berths.

If Jack Johnson was coming from Wisconsin, he'd offer to buy me a drink. Chris Johnson gets to play his opening game in The Granite. So do I. First time in the MCA. I've wanted to do this for years. The knee is shot, so it is probably my last chance. We get to open against Old Tom Hyde from Portage. Wicked cool.

Anybody know if Rod Hunter on sheet 9 of the opening draw is The Rod Hunter? If so, he must be 70.

Ben Tucker
North Dakota...until Thursday, then Manitoba

Old Post 01-15-13 11:48PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tookthetrip
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Chopper

3) Visit the Snake Pit on Fri. or Sat. night (West Kildonan C.C.)

4) Have some pizza at the Fort Rouge C.C.

5) 3 clubs that I know of have live Entertainment I think on both Friday and Sat. Fort Gary 1 man band is awesome, St. Vital had a good band last year not sure about this year. Thistle has the Dust Rinos a Celtic band it should be a blast.

6) If your in a club and see Darryl Lee on the board come find me and I'd love to buy you a drink.

7) If you don't have fun it's your fault for not trying hard enough. Make sure the drive is worth it bud.

8) Airport hotel Friday afternoon to watch my mom dance. Haha. Sorry mom.

There are a few of my faves. Let's here others

3. Snake pit is apparently closed this year! THAT SUCKS!
4. FRCC pizza rules all.
5. Rumour has it Fort Garry is the place to be.
6. Deal! Unless I see you at the Palomino - then I will run as fast as I can. The last hang over you gave me there eliminated me from the bonspiel...
7. It's all about a good time.
8. And pray the draw times are delayed...

HAVE A GREAT BONSPIEL!

Old Post 01-16-13 01:47AM
tookthetrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tookthetrip Click here to Send tookthetrip a Private Message Find more posts by tookthetrip Add tookthetrip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tookthetrip
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

If Jack Johnson was coming from Wisconsin, he'd offer to buy me a drink. Chris Johnson gets to play his opening game in The Granite. So do I. First time in the MCA. I've wanted to do this for years. The knee is shot, so it is probably my last chance. We get to open against Old Tom Hyde from Portage. Wicked cool.

Anybody know if Rod Hunter on sheet 9 of the opening draw is The Rod Hunter? If so, he must be 70.

Ben Tucker

I've got Lyburn vs. Grassie for the Aggregate.

Dave Elias, Kyle Foster, Dereck Dowsett and Dean North win berths.

I wonder what that parlay would pay on Pro-Line?

Old Post 01-16-13 01:59AM
tookthetrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tookthetrip Click here to Send tookthetrip a Private Message Find more posts by tookthetrip Add tookthetrip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tookthetrip

3. Snake pit is apparently closed this year! THAT SUCKS!
4. FRCC pizza rules all.
5. Rumour has it Fort Garry is the place to be.
6. Deal! Unless I see you at the Palomino - then I will run as fast as I can. The last hang over you gave me there eliminated me from the bonspiel...
7. It's all about a good time.
8. And pray the draw times are delayed...

HAVE A GREAT BONSPIEL!

Snake Pit, Closed? Now where am I going to hear the Gambler every 20 minutes? Oh yeah totally forgot about our trip to the Pal. The hangover did us well, we won 6 in a row after that.Haha Let's meet at the Pal Friday night again. You gotta know when to hold em!!!! Have a great spiel, We gotta meet up some where though, keep in touch.

Old Post 01-16-13 10:19AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Thanks for the tips guys, I will definitely keep an eye out for the name Darryl Lee.

We are planning to hit the Opening Ceremonies as one of our club-mates is curling there at 6:00 on the sheet next to Tuck so we may get to meet in person as well.

TJ
Heading North

Old Post 01-16-13 11:15AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

TJ what's your team name under? I'll be looking for you as well. If we don't meet have a great spiel and welcome to Manitoba and the MCA. Tip number 11. Check your liver at the door.

Old Post 01-16-13 11:33AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Chopper
TJ what's your team name under? I'll be looking for you as well. If we don't meet have a great spiel and welcome to Manitoba and the MCA. Tip number 11. Check your liver at the door.

Olson-Blackhawk

TJ
Was told to try a "Paralyzer"

Old Post 01-16-13 11:37AM
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

Ben Tucker

Hey Tuck, I'm pretty sure it's the Rod Hunter. That's why your coming all this way man, you never know when you'll run into a world champ. If you don't meet "Rod Hunter" on the ice you can go to a bar called the Palimino Club. There are all kinds of ladies that go by that handle.

Old Post 01-16-13 11:37AM
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ

Olson-Blackhawk

TJ
Was told to try a "Paralyzer"

I'm sure you've had those by a differnet name. Maybe a Mudslide or a Colorado Bulldog. Stick the best beer in the world buddy. Anything made in Canada. It might sneak up on you, Blackhawk down, Blackhawk down.

Old Post 01-16-13 11:41AM
Tarks
Hitting Paint

The Fort Rouge will have a live band on Saturday night and the Mark Blanchard team will be signing autographs. I hear he is bringing out some ringers this year! Drinking ringers that is!

Old Post 01-16-13 12:13PM
Tarks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tarks Click here to Send Tarks a Private Message Find more posts by Tarks Add Tarks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sweat Towel
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Tarks
The Fort Rouge will have a live band on Saturday night and the Mark Blanchard team will be signing autographs. I hear he is bringing out some ringers this year! Drinking ringers that is!

Hey Tarks. Could you please take that picture of me off of your avatar? I've changed since way back then. White shirt is more yellow now.

Looking forward to seeing old faces this weekend, other than watching Ian Beavis tanking up sitting on the front porch of the Hecla General Store. Was still good to see you again Ian.

Disco & Lowdy, still see your mother at Co-op all the time. Shes a hot granny now. Meow!

Old Post 01-17-13 12:28PM
Sweat Towel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sweat Towel Click here to Send Sweat Towel a Private Message Find more posts by Sweat Towel Add Sweat Towel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote