Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

I don't know where you find your statistics, but if you bet against Homan, you're a fool.

ill remember that if tracy wins. As said above im not saying tracy will win but to write her off completely isnt exactly smart

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-12 01:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
laugh and call it what you want but history speaks for itself. when 2 teams meet in the same championship 3 times the team that lost the first 2 games is winning the 3rd one about 85% of the time

Where did you come up with this statistic?

Old Post 01-29-12 01:11PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Would be great for Horgan to finally break through, but I'm really hoping Homan wins!!

Old Post 01-29-12 01:13PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Out with the Old

Tracy knocking off the Middaugh Team is one of a couple of Stories now where new Teams are getting to the Tried and True teams

The fact she only lost two games all event and both were to Rachel..outscored 6-14...seems like she has one rung to move UP the Ladder
but I really doubt the Homan Team will let this happen.. they are just too talented, experienced and Motivated.

Best of Luck to whoever wins the ON title here!

Old Post 01-29-12 01:17PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:

Where did you come up with this statistic?

its a rough estimate based on the number of times this has happened.

of every time i can remember where 2 teams have met 3 times the vast majority of the time the team the lost the first 2 games won the 3rd...and ive been watching the game for a very long time

Old Post 01-29-12 01:24PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

its a rough estimate based on the number of times this has happened.

of every time i can remember where 2 teams have met 3 times the vast majority of the time the team the lost the first 2 games won the 3rd...and ive been watching the game for a very long time

Statistics are not based on "From what I remember..."

Old Post 01-29-12 01:35PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

Statistics are not based on "From what I remember..."

thats why i said about, im not en idiot. Its something i made up myself with no raw numbers

this is not something that exists its just what i call it.

it is the case that the team going in having lost the previous 2 meetings is winnin the 3rd game most of the time. who knows why that is..perhaps familiarity with the other team's game,?

Old Post 01-29-12 01:40PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

thats why i said about, im not en idiot. Its something i made up myself with no raw numbers

this is not something that exists its just what i call it.

it is the case that the team going in having lost the previous 2 meetings is winnin the 3rd game most of the time. who knows why that is..perhaps familiarity with the other team's game,?

OK so that's your opinion. An opinion is not a statistic.
Your "85%" winning the 3rd game is an opinion.
I disagree with your opinion.
Homan's team is statistically better than Horgan. To think Horgan is "due" because it's their 3rd meeting goes against statistics.

"im not en idiot."
OK, again, your opinion.

Old Post 01-29-12 01:47PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

OK so that's your opinion. An opinion is not a statistic.
Your "85%" winning the 3rd game is an opinion.
I disagree with your opinion.
Homan's team is statistically better than Horgan. To think Horgan is "due" because it's their 3rd meeting goes against statistics.

"im not en idiot."
OK, again, your opinion.

again, didnt say horgan was due for the win i said past patterns would indicate she had a good shot at it.

i never said tracy was guaranteed to win anything

and i just love how this place is so hostile. you think im an idiot based off one thing and knowing nothing else about me

just for the record i do think rachel should win it

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 02:17PM

Old Post 01-29-12 01:54PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:
you think im an idiot based off one thing and knowing nothing else about me

You made up statistics based on having watched games for a very long time.
You have said in the past that you have never curled and probably never will.
I have and your 85% is idiotic. Ergo 1+1=2.

Old Post 01-29-12 03:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

You made up statistics based on having watched games for a very long time.
You have said in the past that you have never curled and probably never will.
I have and your 85% is idiotic. Ergo 1+1=2.

what is statistics anyway? everyone knows how to calculate a percentage , it really doesnt take a trained statician to do it. If i add a"of the games i've watched"then the statement is valid

all i was trying to say was that the pattern favors the teams that dropped the first 2 games.

by the way whether or not i have curled in the past really has nothing to do with the topic

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 03:43PM

Old Post 01-29-12 03:34PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

so because i gave a % that makes me an idiot? whereas if i didnt and i had just said everything else i said i wouldnt be

all i was trying to say was that the pattern favors the teams that dropped the first 2 games.

by the way whether or not i have curled in the past really has nothing to do with the topic

You said I knew nothing about you. I know you have never curled.
Your statement that teams lose 85% of the time is made up. It's merely your opinion. If you want to use numbers, have the facts to back it up or expect to be questioned.

Old Post 01-29-12 03:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

You said I knew nothing about you. I know you have never curled.
Your statement that teams lose 85% of the time is made up. It's merely your opinion. If you want to use numbers, have the facts to back it up or expect to be questioned.

the 85% was more a wild estimation on my part. I was just trying to better explaine the funny little pattern that i picked up on.Im not actually going to sit here and do the math

but point made and from now on i will stick away from using numbers

i just dont appreciate being called an idiot

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 03:51PM

Old Post 01-29-12 03:47PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

anyway. On topic now horgan gets an early lead over rachel with a force and a deuce after 2

Old Post 01-29-12 03:51PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

the 85% was more a wild estimation on my part. I was just trying to better explaine the funny little pattern that i picked up on

but point made and from now on i will stick away from using numbers

i just dont appreciate being called an idiot

Please go back and find where I called you that!
It was you who said it.
Just because I agreed with you is no reason to be mad at me.

Old Post 01-29-12 03:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

"im not en idiot."
OK, again, your opinion.

right here. you didnt say it outright but to me this is indirectly saying that you think i am an idiot.

i suggest we stop now thought, i have no desire to argue with anyone here anymore

i admit my using a number was the wrong way to try and explain what i was saying

Last edited by misty1 on 01-29-12 at 03:57PM

Old Post 01-29-12 03:55PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:

right here. you didnt say it outright but to me this is indirectly saying that you think i am an idiot.

Anyone stating statistics that they made up.....well..?

Old Post 01-29-12 03:57PM
Unregistered

5 to 2 after 5 for Homan

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.219.52

Old Post 01-29-12 04:20PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

tracy pulls within 1 after 8

Old Post 01-29-12 05:20PM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Wtf happened to Homan's last!?!?

Old Post 01-29-12 05:59PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Rachel jammed on her first with a double attempt.
Then drew a bit too heavy on her last

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.219.52

Old Post 01-29-12 05:59PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Holy sh*t I'm actually pretty shocked she lost!

Old Post 01-29-12 06:05PM
Sean
Administrator

Wow, I am absolutely shocked at this. Homan was in control of the entire game until her last stone came to rest. How disappointing for the four Ottawa girls

Old Post 01-29-12 06:05PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up Too Bad!!

Don't care if the "ottawa" girls are disappointed..
the Horgan Team are celebrating and so they should be...you have to play the whole game..

Well done Tracy Horgan... exciting trip to Red Deer !!

Old Post 01-29-12 06:24PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

once again for some reason that pattern continues..although i honestly thought rachel was going to break that and beat tracy after that series of steals.

She looked in control of the match and it has to be heartbreaking for rachel to lose the way that she did

however congrats to team horgan on the ontario title

Old Post 01-29-12 06:25PM