Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Brain training games: your recommendations?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alxwlker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brain training games: your recommendations?

Hello everyone! I'm on the lookout for games or exercises that can help train the brain and enhance cognitive abilities. Perhaps you have favorite apps, board games, or even exercises that you find effective? Share your experiences, and I'll be grateful!

I recently tried a classic game of chess at a local cafe and was pleasantly surprised by how it stimulated my strategic thinking. Does anyone else prefer board games, or can recommend interesting exercises?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-24 01:33PM
alxwlker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alxwlker Find more posts by alxwlker Add alxwlker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danieltrn
Harvey Hacksmasher

Greetings fellow brain enthusiast! I completely resonate with your interest in games and exercises for cognitive enhancement. Chess is indeed a fantastic choice – it's not only strategic but also exercises memory and problem-solving skills.

If you're into board games, you might also enjoy Scrabble for its focus on vocabulary and mental agility. Additionally, card games like Poker or Bridge can be excellent for strategic thinking and decision-making.

As for apps, I've found Lumosity to be quite engaging, offering a mix of games targeting various cognitive functions.

And hey, have you heard about Very Big Brain? They might have some fantastic resources to explore further! Check out their website for more insights into brain training and cognitive enhancement. Looking forward to hearing more recommendations from the community!

Old Post 01-21-24 10:22AM
danieltrn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danieltrn Find more posts by danieltrn Add danieltrn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
olifra3
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and insights into cognitive enhancement. Chess is indeed a brilliant choice, combining strategy, memory, and problem-solving skills. Scrabble and card games like Poker or Bridge are excellent additions, emphasizing vocabulary, mental agility, strategic thinking, and decision-making.

I appreciate the recommendation for Lumosity — it's great to hear that you find it engaging. And thanks for the tip about Very Big Brain! I'll definitely explore their website for more resources and insights into brain training.

Let's keep this brain-boosting conversation going, and I look forward to hearing more recommendations from the community. Cheers to enhancing our Very Big Brains!

Old Post 01-22-24 10:19AM
olifra3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for olifra3 Find more posts by olifra3 Add olifra3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote