Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Keon
Hitting Paint

It's disappointing that you guys see it this way.

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh
LOL I don't know you, nor have I ever seen that tweet before. It's not like you own any of what you said anyway. Good try.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
LOL. Once you tweet bud your words are part of the anti social media universe and are available for use elsewhere. Have a good rest of the season.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-12 01:46PM
Keon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keon Click here to Send Keon a Private Message Find more posts by Keon Add Keon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Keon
It's disappointing that you guys see it this way.

quote:
"Jordan Keon @jordankeon
@TeamHoman has one bad end out of 10 games and they aren't going to #stoh. #Curling can be brutal.
5:45 PM - 29 Jan 12 via web · Details"

Seriously man, these words ^^^ are not that "epic".

Old Post 01-30-12 01:53PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keon
Hitting Paint

Agreed, but again that's not the point. I'll drop it and let the thread get back to the point.

Good luck to Team Horgan at the Scotties. I'm expecting a playoff appearance from them.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Seriously man, these words ^^^ are not that "epic".

Old Post 01-30-12 01:59PM
Keon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keon Click here to Send Keon a Private Message Find more posts by Keon Add Keon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoachBrewer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats to Team Horgan! They've been close before and its nice to see them get the opportunity to go to the STOH this time.

I've never been a fan of the Page Playoff system.
Back in the day before televised provincials, there were only playoffs if teams were tied for the lead at the end of the week.
If you ran the table in the round robin, you won, end of story.
That's always seemed to me to be the best scenario from a CURLING point of view. You beat everyone in the round robin, you should win.

Then TV came along and we just had to have a Championship Game, and the Page kind of makes the best of a bad situation from a curling point of view since it ensures that the first place team from the round robin can't be eliminated with one loss until the final. So now we have situation where a team runs the table (9-0), is forced to play a semi, wins that and then loses the final to a team they've beaten twice already, ending the week with the best record (10-1). By comparison, the new champs (9-3) don't even have a winning record against the runners up (1-2).

Ironically, there wasn't much TV coverage to justify this situation, with some playoff cable coverage if you happened to have the right provider and lived in the right part of the province. In my part of the SouthEast we didn't have the ability to watch the playoffs time-delayed or otherwise.

The curlers know the format going in and I'm actually quite delighted that Tracy's team will get their chance to shine, but I'd love to see a provincial championship where the best team OVER THE WEEK was the team that won and represented at Nationals. I wish there was a better way to decide these things and allow for television.

Old Post 01-30-12 02:02PM
CoachBrewer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoachBrewer Click here to Send CoachBrewer a Private Message Find more posts by CoachBrewer Add CoachBrewer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Homan dirty mouth

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I am so glad that Homan lost particularly because of the biased commentating from Heather Houston & Lorraine Lang.

Its obvious that they were shocked & didn't really know what to say with Horgan's victory. Horgan deserved it just as much as Homan deserved it if she made her final 2 stones.

Maybe Homan can clean up her mouth, instead of saying the F-word after missing her 1st stone in the 10th, she could of used Homer's word.

Homan is just another mouthy little girl with no class for the game. Horgan is a sweetheart & hopefully she does well.

I am in complete ****ing agreement with you. There is no ****ing place for ****ing swearing in curling.

Last edited by Guest on 01-30-12 at 02:15PM

Old Post 01-30-12 02:08PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling Dave
Swing Artist

With respect to CoachBrewer's comments about the page system. The only solution I would suggest is the team that ended up winning the round robin AND winning the page 1-2 playoff must be beaten twice in order to lose. So, Tracy won the first game, there should have been a second game and if she wins again, then she wins the whole thing. If she loses, then Homan takes it. It just seems wrong that Homan won every single game up to the final whereas other teams lost one or more games yet get out of the province.

If the team that wins the round robin, loses the 1-2 page, then the final is the final.

Dave

Old Post 01-31-12 12:50PM
Curling Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling Dave Click here to Send Curling Dave a Private Message Visit Curling Dave's homepage! Find more posts by Curling Dave Add Curling Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rock_star
Swing Artist

Anyone have video of the last end? Love to see it.

Old Post 01-31-12 01:42PM
rock_star is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rock_star Click here to Send rock_star a Private Message Find more posts by rock_star Add rock_star to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Terrible break for Rachel on the attempted runback double-jamming. But wrong call? I beg to disagree.

The shot went pretty much as bad as it possibly could, and she still had the draw to win.

She's almost 100% facing the exact same draw if she simply peels off the top guard, give or take a foot of extra room. Horgan would play some variation of a guard/tap that would likely leave her drawing down that same, unpredictably straight out-turn path.

Other options include

- hitting Horgan's yellow - which could be replaced by a much better yellow, so not a good call

or

- drawing first, which could be tapped back by Horgan and leave Rachel with a complicated last shot.

In my estimation there was no call that provided any further benefit, the only calls which have the least downside are the straight peel or runback.

Given that runbacks are her strength - why would she not attempt the runback? The down-side of the shot was minimal (again, in my estimation she sacrificed one foot of wiggle room on the eventual draw), and she's potentially giving herself a much easier shot to win.

Alas, strategy aside, it likely would not have mattered as realistically they were wide by almost a foot on that draw. Which is a real shame, as she seemed to throw it exactly how she wanted.

The real problem in that end was not having both rocks above the t-line to start. Rachel was always going to have a tough shot to win it unless Horgan misses something.

But let's not all focus on Homan losing.

Horgan received a well earned reward for all of the hard work they did hanging around in the last 5 ends - thats not easy to do, especially mentally.

She admitted she was down and out after five ends but that her team picked her up. They stayed with Homan step for step in an extremely well played final 5 ends, and got the mistake they were playing so hard for.

They are full credit for that, and if they show that resolve at the Scotties they will be in contention at the end of the week.

Good luck team Horgan!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.207.216.146

Old Post 01-31-12 03:13PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL Is Right!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

You said I knew nothing about you. I know you have never curled.
Your statement that teams lose 85% of the time is made up. It's merely your opinion. If you want to use numbers, have the facts to back it up or expect to be questioned.

I have no statistics to support either side of this argument or even an opinion one way or the other, but the same thing happened in the Alberta Scotties final - Kaufmann beat Nedohin in the A final and the Page 1-2 game (Alberta uses a triple knockout draw where the A event winner is the 1 team, the B winner is the 2 team, and the two C finalists play the 3-4 Page game), and then lost the final to Nedohin in their third meeting of the championship (their only loss).

Old Post 02-02-12 11:39AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Good Post

quote:
Originally posted by 66.207.216.146
Horgan received a well earned reward for all of the hard work they did hanging around in the last 5 ends - thats not easy to do, especially mentally.

She admitted she was down and out after five ends but that her team picked her up. They stayed with Homan step for step in an extremely well played final 5 ends, and got the mistake they were playing so hard for.

They are full credit for that, and if they show that resolve at the Scotties they will be in contention at the end of the week.

Good luck team Horgan!

It was a bad break for Homan having that over-weight runback leave the three Horgan rocks.
and yes Rachel "thought" she had the draw for the win nailed but it didnt curl like that spot didnt all game.

Go Team Horgan take this great Opp. and show your best in Red Deer!

Old Post 02-02-12 11:49AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I would have loved to have seen Homan's face in that last end - her winning scowl is bad enough but to see it losing a game like that - LOL. But now we're stuck with Horgan representing Ontario in Red Deer - that could get embarrassing fast...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.95.10.150

Old Post 02-08-12 09:36PM
Unregistered

Handled it quit well until she booted a locker in the women's locker room.
Horgan will fly Ontario colours very well....I would think playoffs, she has been knocking on the door the past few years. Little girl flys low under the radar and she will do the same at nationals. Go team Horgan!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.5.126

Old Post 02-08-12 09:53PM