Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2022-23 GSOC Season
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Prawnpuller

Hey look I am a big Tyler Tardi fan..good B C boy..but I am quite sure I saw him struggle miserably the first half of the game and almost cost them..Believe his stats were about 76% for the entire game..He did pick it up in 2nd half and alls well that ends well. Was just telling it like it is.

Yes, I agree. He did struggle badly in the first half of the game. I scored him at just under 50% because in my opinion he deserved a big fat zero on his 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 8th rock in the first four ends.

In the final four ends, however, he curled more like we do, lol, and as I indicated earlier, I thought he fully deserved a solid 90%.

So in assessing his full game performance I'd say he shot just under 70% which is not too far from your assessment of 76%.

One thing is for certain: we're both a hell of a lot better than the Players' Official Scorer. Did you note that after the 3rd end s/he scored him at an unbelievable 75%? How in the world does one arrive at 75% after you have flubbed three of your first six rocks? Voodoo mathematics at its best!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-23 09:23AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

Final "slam" of the season starts in a few days. I wonder what some of these teams performances will be like since this event seems very much an afterthought for many of them.

Old Post 04-29-23 03:46AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Did Hasselborg really score 8? Or is that an error

Old Post 05-02-23 04:44PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martym
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Did Hasselborg really score 8? Or is that an error

Team Hasselborg lost 11-0 to Team Tirinzoni. This included a 5 in end 3.

A game Anna will prefer to forget - as that is just embarassing!

https://thegrandslamofcurling.com/e...res-standings/#!/competitions/8224/draws/29637

Old Post 05-02-23 09:09PM
Martym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martym Find more posts by Martym Add Martym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Martym
A game Anna will prefer to forget

Anna wasn't playing in the game, if that's any consolation.

https://thegrandslamofcurling.com/e...-champions-cup/
"Anna Hasselborg is away on maternity leave and Sara McManus has moved up to throw fourth stones with Agnes Knochenhauer, who is also expecting a baby, now playing third and handling skip duties. Alternate Johanna Heldin is subbing at second with lead Sofia Mabergs the only player at their regular position."

Old Post 05-03-23 12:02AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Can someone advise if Jennifer Jones came to this Slam from Korea? I feel a little bit guilty that I am not going to attend any draws since it is close to where I live but after this long winter I am not going inside to watch curling. Probably will record some of it to watch in the evenings.

Old Post 05-03-23 07:48PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
Can someone advise if Jennifer Jones came to this Slam from Korea?

Are you asking if JJ is in Regina today? Because the answer to that question is yes.

https://twitter.com/grandslamcurl/s...896472897765378

Old Post 05-03-23 08:06PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

BS Comments

Are we allowed to post something here these days without trying to sell something or be argumentative like Mrs Clips?

Anyway, 2 great slam finals, both down to the last shot. Both well played.

One thing I noticed is that Team Homan had a lot of "Jibber Jabber" on far too many shots. Rachael back to "skipping" and calling the game but many times far too much input. My opinion only, let the SKIP call the game but defer to the thrower for which shot they're most comfortable making.
With all these betting sites taking over all the sports channels, I'll say 73% chance this team stays together, even after this win.

Old Post 05-07-23 08:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Rob Faulds said during "quarter finals" of 2023 Champions Cup that Jennifer Jones took 2 planes to get to Regina, 1 from Korea and 1 from Toronto.

Old Post 05-09-23 05:15PM
GulaalOfficial
Harvey Hacksmasher

formal wedding dress

Check out the best formal wedding dress so that on your big day, you may feel like a princess. Explore our beautiful collection of classic and elegant designs, Covered with good details and luxurious fabrics. Find the outfit of your dreams and make enduring memories. Get the most beautiful formal wedding dresses available right now.

Old Post 02-14-24 02:15AM
GulaalOfficial is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GulaalOfficial Find more posts by GulaalOfficial Add GulaalOfficial to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ECS
Harvey Hacksmasher

school bags for boys

ECS offers the best collection of school bags for boys online in Pakistan. The best school bags for boys are available in styles and colors from the online ECS store. So, shop for school bags for kids online in Pakistan from the ECS store.

Old Post 02-14-24 02:38AM
ECS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ECS Find more posts by ECS Add ECS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borjan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Discover a wide range of formal shoes for men in Pakistan at Borjan. Explore our collection of stylish and comfortable men's formal shoes for every occasion.

Old Post 02-14-24 03:29AM
borjan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for borjan Find more posts by borjan Add borjan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jazmin
Harvey Hacksmasher

shawls for women

Jazmin provides wide range of shawls for women at a reasonable price. Grab your favorite shawls online in all over Pakistan with fast delivery.

Old Post 02-14-24 05:15AM
jazmin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jazmin Find more posts by jazmin Add jazmin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chahyay
Harvey Hacksmasher

Find the perfect shalwar kameez design for men at Chahyay. Explore a wide range of stylish and trendy shalwar kameez designs and elevate your ethnic fashion game.

Old Post 02-14-24 05:51AM
chahyay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chahyay Find more posts by chahyay Add chahyay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
servisshoes
Harvey Hacksmasher

bomber jacket hoodie

Discover the latest styles and trends in our bomber jacket hoodie collection at Servis. Shop now for the perfect jacket to complete your look.

Old Post 02-14-24 07:55AM
servisshoes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for servisshoes Find more posts by servisshoes Add servisshoes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
declare
Harvey Hacksmasher

Winter Dresses

Get the most recent trends in winter dresses to stay warm and fashionable this year. From warm clothing to elegant dresses, we have the right choice for you. Keep up to date with our collection of winter dresses.

Old Post 02-15-24 01:55AM
declare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for declare Visit declare's homepage! Find more posts by declare Add declare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ammarakhan
Harvey Hacksmasher

bridal dresses

Discover the exquisite collection of Ammara Khan bridal dresses. From Pakistani bridal dresses for barat to bridal couture and stunning bridal shower dresses, find the perfect ensemble for your special day.

Old Post 02-15-24 03:08AM
Ammarakhan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ammarakhan Find more posts by Ammarakhan Add Ammarakhan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nayzaofficial
Harvey Hacksmasher

track suit

Shop stylish and comfortable track suit at Nayza. Find the perfect fit for your active lifestyle and embrace fashion-forward athleisure wear.

Old Post 02-15-24 03:23AM
nayzaofficial is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nayzaofficial Find more posts by nayzaofficial Add nayzaofficial to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nishat
Harvey Hacksmasher

Shop the latest collection of Pakistani clothes for men at Nishat Linen. Discover exclusive designs and styles for men, including clothes, fabrics, and accessories.

Old Post 02-15-24 05:29AM
Nishat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nishat Find more posts by Nishat Add Nishat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote