Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lolar3288
Drawmaster

Angry To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...

To all those Jennifer Jones bashers:

How many of you know her, have socialized and been on the ice with her or even met her?

Well I have (all of the above) and I’m sick and tired of your Jennifer bashing and your stupid, uninformed and very hurtful comments! It just shows how ignorant you are.

For your information, not that you probably want to hear it, but Jennifer is a warm, friendly person who will go out of her way to meet and great people even though she is, by her own admission, a touch shy. She will go out on the ice and help a rank beginner, something even some “elite” club curlers with a fraction of her skills will not do.

Maybe, before you knock someone you could go to the trouble of actually meeting them.

OK ---so the team broke up…so what…teams break up…..none of us know why and only K.O.”s side of the story is slipping out. There are always two sides to these stores. Toss your mother-in-law from hell out of the house and I bet all that gets around is what an -----her son –in-law is……….

Heck, even the Great One was traded from Edmonton….it’s sports and it happens. You’re on a team, not married for life!

A picture of a person, in a high pressure situation, on TV…is not truly reflective of their personality……just their camera prowl ness.

If we judged you’re I.Q. from your quickness to form opinions with little evidence …is it accurate……..think about it!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-15-11 03:55PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

Right on.

Unfortunately some posters, not mentioning any names, (UpYerKilt) choose to live in their own little world rather than reality.

It's a sad state of affairs when people are still whining about something that happened a year ago..

Old Post 04-15-11 04:44PM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Re: To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288
[BOK ---so the team broke up…so what…teams break up…..none of us know why and only K.O.”s side of the story is slipping out. There are always two sides to these stores. Toss your mother-in-law from hell out of the house and I bet all that gets around is what an -----her son –in-law is……….[/B]

"Broke up" would imply mutual consent...that couldn't be further from the truth here...Please reread this paragraph and realize the irony here of criticizing us for bashing JJ et al for their decisions by "bashing" Kathy O...

JH

Old Post 04-15-11 04:59PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brycejmcewen
Swing Artist

Beep-bo-beep-bo-ba-screeeeeeeeeech

Cancel the dial-up...you guys need to pony up for high speed internet. This is old news.

Old Post 04-15-11 05:25PM
brycejmcewen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brycejmcewen Click here to Send brycejmcewen a Private Message Find more posts by brycejmcewen Add brycejmcewen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

Lolar,
First of all, I can understand your frustration as a lot of people like to bash Jones. Call it a result of being on top of the heap for so long. I'm sure Jennifer Jones is a decent person. Some people will like her, some will not.

That being said, you simpley can't compare her dumping of Kathy O to very many situations in professional sports.

Comparing to Wayne Gretzky (or any other team athelete) getting traded is ridiculous. Wayne had a contract with the Oilers. It states in the contract that they pay him a certain amount and that they can also trade that contract to another team. Everyone knows the rules going in and here's the key part ... Wayne gets paid regardless of which team he's on.

Curling teams break up all the time you argue. Yes ... that's true ... but most of the time they have no future benefits coming to them. There's no gauranteed money coming in. No gauranteed entries into future competitions potentially worth big bucks (like the Scotties and Team Canada funding). This situation is relatively new to curling so contracts have not been a part of the team make up. Instead teams rely on implied commitments ... which from a legal perpective is not smart, but it works. If you have EARNED your self a spot in a future event you take the team who earned that spot if at all possible. You don't punt someone against their will ... even if it makes your team better for it. So the reason it doesn't sit well with me is Kathy had earned a spot in the next years Scotties (and probably a variety of other entries to Canada Cup, etc) and they were taken from her without compensation. There should be a rule that any team in this situation would have to give 1/4 of their winnings from the future events if they get rid of a player who was there to help in the earning of those entries.

I don't claim to know all the specifics, but there's little doubt that the situation was handled poorly.

I don't personally hold anything against Jennifer Jones as a result. She may be a great person to be around and very friendly, etc. But you won't convince me that she acted appropriately in this case. That's just my opinion.

Old Post 04-15-11 05:44PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Cathy O is over it.

Old Post 04-15-11 05:57PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOne
Swing Artist

Re: Cathy O is over it.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

I think the "beat the dead horse" pic would have suite too!!

Old Post 04-15-11 06:00PM
TheOne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOne Click here to Send TheOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne Add TheOne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Old Post 04-15-11 06:01PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

For The Record...

I am not a J Jones hater.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
She just won too much.

Old Post 04-15-11 06:03PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: This is OLD news....

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt

The season is almost over.. and its time to move on.. so please refrain from slagging me as I really don't care anymore

So why are you posting here?
Your quote: MOVE ON.

Old Post 04-15-11 06:06PM
lolar3288
Drawmaster

Re: Re: To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho

"Broke up" would imply mutual consent...that couldn't be further from the truth here...Please reread this paragraph and realize the irony here of criticizing us for bashing JJ et al for their decisions by "bashing" Kathy O...

JH

Just to clarify, break up means break up...no longer together..ice breaks up and I'm sure each block doesn't consent...not that it really matters...it's the effect not a cause.

Second....just to be clear...I'm not bashing Cathy O. she's a great curler and maybe a great person...I don't know her.

One thing that bothers me is this attitude that she was dumped without cause. No one knows (except for Jones, Cathy and the team) why it happened. Let's face it, there had to be reasons for the separation of a curler of Cathy's stature, not that it is anyone's business beyond the team.

To say "too bad it happened" is one thing, but the many personal attacks on Jennifer are just are not fair (my main point).

Old Post 04-15-11 07:14PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

*sigh* another Jones thread? Seriously, was this necessary? And another misinformed one at that with Legend jumping on the 'troll' wagon that anyone who criticizes Jones and her actions are: haters, psychos and-gosh darn it-just not good Canadians to boot!

As was so eloquently pointed out by Deucy and J-ho, there was far more at stake than just another team making changes at the end of the year.

And if Lolar and Legend don't get the difference then there's no helping those two. Jones got bad press because she did a lousy job handling the incident. If she paid out Overton she should have admitted it, or had the courage to say she didn't and stand by her actions.

She zipped her lip instead of telling the truth and it made her look classless and cold. Sorry, no sympathy here for a team that may have ripped off one its players. Jones, and her various supporters, has no one to blame for her image but herself.

So let's move on. Since we have to make room for the 20 Jones threads Legend will start before the end of the summer.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 165.130.136.206

Old Post 04-15-11 07:58PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
By the way Capt K Morgan.. I now have you on Ignore.. so bash away..
My name was mentioned so I have every right to reply in spite of your constant Bully tactics..
You just are making a fool of yourself.. you and your "other" self Manic L
Isnt it funny how you switch computers and Id's.. to support each other.. most people on this site have you pegged now...you have upped the nasty factor for sure...

----------------

The fact that people are still starting Threads like this just keep the issue burning..

People have their Opinions of Team Jones and they likely will keep them. Perhaps if People had as much respect for Teams other than that Team.. there wouldn't be such a big backlash...

Old Post 04-15-11 08:02PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Psycho Bitch

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 04-15-11 at 08:17PM

Old Post 04-15-11 08:06PM
Crisco

Thanks Lolar for posting. I too have met Jen and think she is a great person and often helpful to some of us who are way down the scale in "eliteness". I typically skim over posts from some of the known critics on here, be it outright bashing or snide remarks, so I'm happy to see your positive opinions expressed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.81.15.20

Old Post 04-15-11 08:15PM
Unregistered

hey, i have met her to and i dont have as great an oppinion of her..but not everyone is going to like who they meet

she just seems fake to me

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.78.54.160

Old Post 04-15-11 08:33PM
izeus
Harvey Hacksmasher

good looking, driven, well spoken, successful, not male = HATE

Old Post 04-16-11 12:26AM
izeus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for izeus Click here to Send izeus a Private Message Find more posts by izeus Add izeus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Manitoba Legend - Cathy O did not blast Carey in the Scotties final. Carey had a chance to take it to an extra on her last rock.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.78.206.71

Old Post 04-16-11 01:16AM
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288

Just to clarify, break up means break up...no longer together..ice breaks up and I'm sure each block doesn't consent...not that it really matters...it's the effect not a cause.

Second....just to be clear...I'm not bashing Cathy O. she's a great curler and maybe a great person...I don't know her.

One thing that bothers me is this attitude that she was dumped without cause. No one knows (except for Jones, Cathy and the team) why it happened. Let's face it, there had to be reasons for the separation of a curler of Cathy's stature, not that it is anyone's business beyond the team.

To say "too bad it happened" is one thing, but the many personal attacks on Jennifer are just are not fair (my main point).

But in this case the cause means everything! Bernards team "broke up", but it was consentual among all parites. This is not the case. Therefore, it doesn't deserve the same dismissal as other situations. In terms of bashing CO, whether you intended or not, you implied a pretty negative analogy...see my last post for clarification...In terms of cause, JJ et al are more than free to speak freely, we're listening. If they don't want to make it everyone's business...accept the consequences!

JH

Old Post 04-16-11 01:34AM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

It is possible that Jones' silence on the Cathy O situation is actually doing Cathy a favour.

There's three sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth.

Someone said Jones' failure to comment and defend herself was classless and cold.

It could be that by remaining silent and not giving her side of the story, she kept possible negative comments about Cathy O from appearing in print.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.0.147.244

Old Post 04-16-11 11:07AM
Unregistered

Whether Jones improved her squad or not has yet to be o be determined. It's early days.

My point was that no one but the principal players know for certain what went down when Cathy O was let go.

It seems unfair to say that because Jones chose to keep her mouth shut regarding the matter, she's the one who was wrong.

I recall reading an interview with Cathy O shortly after she was hired to work with the young curlers in the Maritimes. The reporter did not ask her any questions about being let go, yet she brought it up. I thought at the time it was inappropriate and it sounded a lot like whining.

I repeat... it's possible that Jones' silence was classy and it may have saved Cathy O some negative publicity.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.0.147.244

Old Post 04-16-11 01:43PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Really? Was this necessary? Come on. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Whether JJ is a nice person or not, whether people have met her and have an opinion of her or not, does not make one bit of a difference. People are going to dislike people regardless. If you don't like the JJ bashing then don't read the threads! If you have a giant love for her than join in on the love discussions. Creating a post to whine and Bee sting itch people out is childish. Get over it! Such is life!

Old Post 04-16-11 04:39PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Big deal the team split up. The amount of time they spend together all year if you don't all get along it's not worth it. I'm sure many people on here would do the exact same thing. Another thing is that Cathy O is telling her story in a way to make everyone take her side. She has the right to be upset but just move on. And as the 2010 Olympics came and went now jones had to make her team as strong as possible to get to the Sochi games and In 3 years at the trials I would take a young lawes over an aging Cathy O.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.167.27.75

Old Post 04-16-11 05:00PM
Tarks
Hitting Paint

Yup. I guess Jones is done. She should hang them up hey guys. LMAO.

Old Post 04-16-11 06:09PM
Tarks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tarks Click here to Send Tarks a Private Message Find more posts by Tarks Add Tarks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ssrulle
Really? Was this necessary? Come on. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Whether JJ is a nice person or not, whether people have met her and have an opinion of her or not, does not make one bit of a difference. People are going to dislike people regardless. If you don't like the JJ bashing then don't read the threads! If you have a giant love for her than join in on the love discussions. Creating a post to whine and Bee sting itch people out is childish. Get over it! Such is life!

Seems you read this one......

Old Post 04-19-11 10:09AM