Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Will be able to stream the Trials?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JB42
Drawmaster

Will be able to stream the Trials?

Got no TV. Anyone know if TSN will offer streaming?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-01-13 11:15AM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I notice evening games at the beginning of the week are on TSN 2 which is beyond my budget. Wonder if CBC would have had games on all day over hockey? or what ever curling is getting bumped for?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.7.56.33

Old Post 12-01-13 12:36PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I kinda knew TSN was gonna cheap out so I made sure I had TSN2, CUT OUT CNN so cable bill stayed low. Bonus is I got the Golf Channel - GREAT, saw Rory Mcilroy dismantle Adam Scott at Aussie Open last nite.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.244.29.181

Old Post 12-01-13 01:19PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

you got to be kidding CBC , do coverage?

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I notice evening games at the beginning of the week are on TSN 2 which is beyond my budget. Wonder if CBC would have had games on all day over hockey? or what ever curling is getting bumped for?
wish full thinking on your behalf... yep, live streaming would be nice, for those not near a television screen...don't expect our very own CBC to bend over backwards either ...after all roger's is going to be calling the shots soon....(maybe the end of "grapes').. CBC sports, sadly their curling forum isn't up and running to except comments ... C.Z. has got them beat for curling news anyways

Old Post 12-01-13 01:49PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dewd
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
I notice evening games at the beginning of the week are on TSN 2 which is beyond my budget. ...

I added TSN2 just for this event - it would be an extra $5 for a month, but I'll only keep it a week, so it really only costs me a couple of bucks extra. Maybe it's different for you, but that's hardly a budget breaker.

Old Post 12-01-13 02:11PM
dewd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dewd Click here to Send dewd a Private Message Find more posts by dewd Add dewd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

If you happen to have a smartphone on Rogers, the anyplace TV app now has TSN and TSN2 live (as I found out a few minutes ago when trying to figure out how I might watch this.)

Old Post 12-01-13 02:53PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Where can you watch if youre not from canada?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 213.10.177.168

Old Post 12-01-13 04:57PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Will be able to stream the Trials?

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Got no TV. Anyone know if TSN will offer streaming?

There is a video up that is long on Burgundy and short on curling.

Old Post 12-01-13 05:30PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

BINGO FOLKS!!!!!

http://www.curling.ca/curlingtv/

look at the top menu bar....they have quite a bit of previous Scotties/Brier/Jr's/Continental Cup.

You might have to wait until the 2013-2014 season gets uploaded.

Perhaps someday they'll have Worlds and Olympic Trials.

Currently, WCF streams the Jr Worlds, Worlds and Euros.

Old Post 12-02-13 08:06PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

So we are saying there is no way to stream the ROTR from outside Canada at this time?? This is too bad I'm gonna miss the whole thing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.9.190.37

Old Post 12-02-13 10:14PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I reckon so....no live streaming and it might take a while before (if ever) before the CCA gets ROTR on its archives.

I don't think TSN is even live streaming it.

Olympic Trials are a tricky thing to get. In the USA, Twelfth End Sports Network covered the round robin while NBC covered the championship finals but archival storage is a no-no I guess. Perhaps it's due to the US Olympic Committee who owns overall rights. Might be the same situation in Canada with the Canadian Olympic Committee.

Old Post 12-02-13 11:33PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I live outside Canada but Id easily pay 30 bucks to watch this thing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 213.10.177.168

Old Post 12-03-13 04:44AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
BINGO FOLKS!!!!!

http://www.curling.ca/curlingtv/

look at the top menu bar....they have quite a bit of previous Scotties/Brier/Jr's/Continental Cup.

You might have to wait until the 2013-2014 season gets uploaded.

Perhaps someday they'll have Worlds and Olympic Trials.

Currently, WCF streams the Jr Worlds, Worlds and Euros.

So according to their twitter, the CCA keeps saying "we're just waiting for the videos", which I'm assuming are coming from TSN. TSN used to load the videos within an hour after the game was completed. Are you seriously telling me that it will take days or months to upload the videos onto the CCA's Curling TV site? It seems to me as if the CCA is stalling so as to not deal with the backlash they have had before when they have had TV coverage issues (i.e. the "select" live-streaming of Scotties games or moving games to TSN2). When they rolled out the Curling TV service they had mentioned games would appear 48 hours after their completion. Today marks 48 hours since Sunday's opening draws so we will see if they end up being uploaded. Most of us already know the results by now, so its not the best solution but better than having them show up in April. However, for some reason, I just get the feeling that we will not be able to watch these recorded games until long after the competition is over, but hey, we can watch old Brier games (thanks, CCA!)

And as many others have already said, I too would be willing to pay for the ability to view these games online (again, not even live, I will take the recorded versions as long as they are uploaded soon after the game's completion).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.204.110.250

Old Post 12-03-13 10:03AM
Unregistered

Can they actually be refusing even to stream the matches live? What a shame... the Roar of the Rings is pretty much the one curling event I would like to see the most, more than even the Olympics.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.93.54.15

Old Post 12-03-13 02:23PM
Unregistered

Not having the live streaming is a bad decision, BUT not having even the archived games within a few hours is just nonsensical. WHY?

Why not put up the replays of the games on the TSN site a few hours after they are complete, just like they have for years in the past? I still haven't got a answer to this question.

What reason could there possibly be to not post replays?

As far as the CCA site others have mentioned, I highly doubt they are going to have those games available. They get them from TSN, and since TSN isn't posting them, I just think that those of us outside Canada (I cannot get TSN on TV or else I would) will not ever get to watch these games, ever.

You would think that TSN (and the CCA) would WANT to continue the growth and popularity of Canadian Curling worldwide, and thus would WANT to post these videos and INCREASE traffic to their sites.

Why TSN? Why?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 72.231.248.158

Old Post 12-03-13 10:05PM
Unregistered

quote:
Not having the live streaming is a bad decision, BUT not having even the archived games within a few hours is just nonsensical. WHY?

Why not put up the replays of the games on the TSN site a few hours after they are complete, just like they have for years in the past? I still haven't got a answer to this question.

What reason could there possibly be to not post replays?

As far as the CCA site others have mentioned, I highly doubt they are going to have those games available. They get them from TSN, and since TSN isn't posting them, I just think that those of us outside Canada (I cannot get TSN on TV or else I would) will not ever get to watch these games, ever.

You would think that TSN (and the CCA) would WANT to continue the growth and popularity of Canadian Curling worldwide, and thus would WANT to post these videos and INCREASE traffic to their sites.

Why TSN? Why?

I echo these sentiments. Why would you piss so many people off? Why not keep curling fans happy by not only providing the telecasts, but also the VOD's. This was a great opportunity to make TSN shine.....but the opposite has occurred in my mind.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.198.3

Old Post 12-03-13 10:19PM
Beermaker
Drawmaster

What I can't understand is why isn't ESPN broadcasting these trials, it would not cost them anything to produce, and they (ESPN) already have an arrangement with TSN on airing various Sports.

Americans should bang on ESPN's door not begrudge TSN/CCA although you certainly have a valid point. Another avenue could also be the WCF, they put on the Asian/Chinese/European Championships, why not the Canadians?

Why also not touch base with your Olympic Curling association?

Old Post 12-04-13 06:06AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Dont kid yourselves folks. This is a plot that comes from the CCA higher powers. Same reason you cant access the stats except for overall %. No individual in-turn/outturn/draw/hits stats. CCA doesnt want foreign espionage agents utilizing the stats and using them against team Canada at the Olympics. Game footage will be available after Sochi. IMO.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.150.64.183

Old Post 12-04-13 07:35AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Interesting picture I found on twitter of Edin watching the trials. How is that possible?

http://instagram.com/p/hevOl_qo3f/

JH
happy for my Canadian dish

Old Post 12-04-13 09:09AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Dont kid yourselves folks. This is a plot that comes from the CCA higher powers. Same reason you cant access the stats except for overall %. No individual in-turn/outturn/draw/hits stats. CCA doesnt want foreign espionage agents utilizing the stats and using them against team Canada at the Olympics. Game footage will be available after Sochi. IMO.

You really don't think that the top prospects at Sochi have people at Winnipeg watching? If they can afford to send teams over here for wks on end, then they will have staff at the roar.

Old Post 12-04-13 09:09AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

You can stream the games online if you have a bell expressvu or shaw satelite and login. Or know someone who would give you their login.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.58.194.98

Old Post 12-04-13 09:33AM
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
You can stream the games online if you have a bell expressvu or shaw satelite and login. Or know someone who would give you their login.

And no doubt other countries are PVRing all the games and will be later looking at all the games involving the ultimate champion. A lot more use to them than statistics.

Old Post 12-04-13 09:48AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

die hart curling fans will go to any lengths to

watch these trials ....ahhhh sitting here at a Timmy's store in Charlottetown nothing 'streaming;' such is life aye..

Old Post 12-04-13 10:04AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yankee
Harvey Hacksmasher

TSN now has a VOD link...... but how does someone in USA watch these games?

Why don't they just charge us instead of blocking us?

Old Post 12-04-13 07:07PM
Yankee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yankee Click here to Send Yankee a Private Message Find more posts by Yankee Add Yankee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

We lived in Texas for 3 years and I never had a problem getting the videos, but only after the game, never live. Maybe something has changed?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.7.172.125

Old Post 12-04-13 07:47PM