Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > To all you Jennifer Jones bashers...
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Unregistered

la_canadienne: You say you are waiting for a team that is consistent, reliable, and sportsmanlike? Sounds like you are describing Team Jennifer Jones to me. I will also add "classy" to your list of descriptors.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.17.197.84

Old Post 04-21-11 12:39PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

"Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe, ta-may-to, tam-ah-to, LETS CALL THE WHOLE THING OFF."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.165.97.155

Old Post 04-21-11 01:01PM
la_canadienne
Knee-Slider

You must not have read everything else I wrote then. Reliable (1 gold and 1 bronze out of 4 world appearances) and classy (replacing a team member who won the slot for a return to the Scotties) would be the last words I would use to describe those chicas. Sly and selfish come to mind?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-11 01:11PM
la_canadienne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for la_canadienne Click here to Send la_canadienne a Private Message Find more posts by la_canadienne Add la_canadienne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

How about democratic?
If 3/4's of the team want a change, majority rules.
Tough titty.

Old Post 04-21-11 01:49PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
How about democratic?
If 3/4's of the team want a change, majority rules.
Tough titty.

True, its a majority. But if 3 out 4 partners in a business decide to oust the 4th partner, they have to buy that person out. That didn't happen here-to the best of everyones knowledge.

And therein lies the one fact that all the Pro-Jones folks ignore, time and time again. The one truth that makes this different from any other team changes at the end of the season. The player involved earned the berths and opportunities and had them taken away, with no justification, and no recompense.

That's where the failure of the WCT and CCA is so glaring. They need to step up and do something to ensure that players aren't getting ripped off. Because that, ultimately, is what 3 of 4 players did to their teammate. They ripped her off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 165.130.136.210

Old Post 04-21-11 02:11PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

That didn't happen here-to the best of everyones knowledge.

Or did it. No one involved has said.

So why does this thread keep going?

Old Post 04-21-11 02:17PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

Or did it. No one involved has said.

So why does this thread keep going?

Jones's silence on the matter leads everyone to presume they gave Overton nothing. In any other similar instance, the team cutting an athlete states that they bought out a cut player (or coach). Complete details aren't necessary, just that the right thing was done and that someone isn't getting ripped off.

Jones being silent doesn't appear to anyone as classy. Any one with PR experience understands that you have to tell the fans something. Even Tiger Woods stood up took accountability to his fans. The circumstances are different, of course, but even he understood that keeping quiet simply made things worse.

Jones could take a lesson in that. Speaking up might have actually gained her sympathy instead of animosity.

Old Post 04-21-11 02:37PM
Unregistered

quote:

Jones's silence on the matter leads everyone to presume they gave Overton nothing. In any other similar instance, the team cutting an athlete states that they bought out a cut player (or coach). Complete details aren't necessary, just that the right thing was done and that someone isn't getting ripped off.

Jones being silent doesn't appear to anyone as classy. Any one with PR experience understands that you have to tell the fans something. Even Tiger Woods stood up took accountability to his fans. The circumstances are different, of course, but even he understood that keeping quiet simply made things worse.

Jones could take a lesson in that. Speaking up might have actually gained her sympathy instead of animos ity.

Not a good idea to speak for everyone. I think it's possible that Jones' silence is classy because if she spoke the truth it may not be in Cathy O's best interest. Jones did give the fans something, she said (paraphrased) that they wer looking towards the 2014 Olympics and they were looking ofr youth at the third position. True or not, she gave the press that information. It might not be what you like to hear, but she hasn't been completely silent.

Unless you are Cathy O or Jennifer Jones, you don't know whether she was bought out or not.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.0.147.244

Old Post 04-21-11 02:56PM
Unregistered

quote:

Not a good idea to speak for everyone. I think it's possible that Jones' silence is classy because if she spoke the truth it may not be in Cathy O's best interest. Jones did give the fans something, she said (paraphrased) that they wer looking towards the 2014 Olympics and they were looking ofr youth at the third position. True or not, she gave the press that information. It might not be what you like to hear, but she hasn't been completely silent.

Unless you are Cathy O or Jennifer Jones, you don't know whether she was bought out or not.

You miss the point (but then all Jones supporters do). Stand up, tell the fans that you've parted ways and that Overton has been financially compensated for her efforts and giving up the earned opportunities. No other details are necessary and its no different than when a team buys out an athletes contract and they go separate ways.

There, done and classy. What happened instead? nothing. So she and her teammates come off appearing as they likely are, rip-off artists stealing from a loyal teammate. As such Jones deserves no sympathy and will likely not get any for years to come.

Old Post 04-21-11 03:18PM
Super Rockchucker

quote:
It's a slow day at the Home Depot?

Why, do you notice fewer people going to your checkout?

Old Post 04-21-11 03:25PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:

You miss the point (but then all Jones supporters do). Stand up, tell the fans that you've parted ways and that Overton has been financially compensated for her efforts and giving up the earned opportunities. No other details are necessary and its no different than when a team buys out an athletes contract and they go separate ways.

There, done and classy. What happened instead? nothing. So she and her teammates come off appearing as they likely are, rip-off artists stealing from a loyal teammate. As such Jones deserves no sympathy and will likely not get any for years to come.

Here's what the Jones haters always miss.
Why is it your or anyone else's business?
Do you ask people what their income is? It's none of your business.
They may have dumped COC because she's an abusive, disrespectful cow.
Jones's silence is not unclassy.

Old Post 04-21-11 04:09PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Just wanted to quote this before you decide to edit it.
Idiocy reigns supreme in the Morgan family.

Old Post 04-21-11 04:19PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

ur saying unreliable cuz she only has 2 world medals. try and count how many people have 4 world appearences in canada. its not like there is a big list. thats pretty reliable. and she constantly is at the top of the world curling tour money list and order of merit. but if you think thats unreliable then i guess ur one hard person to please. but u get ur opinion so thats fine. she has more accomplishments than any other active competitive skip right now. and obviously the 3 team players wanted her gone, and all were on the same page. and obviously cathy o wasnt going to agree with it but the 3 out of 4 wanted her out. that was a team decision. and saying she waited to long to tell her. she told her as soon as the season ended. its not like she broke the news to her a few days before their first event this year or anything.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.167.27.75

Old Post 04-21-11 04:22PM
Unregistered

thats fine that coc gets her 1/4 of the winnings, so they should send her the bill for 1/4 of the expenses too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.167.27.75

Old Post 04-21-11 04:23PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Idiocy reigns supreme in the Morgan family.

Could be worse. I could drink Wild Turkey bourbon.

Old Post 04-21-11 04:33PM
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

The most ironic thing about this whole discussion is the fact that if it were any other curler besides JJ who cut a team member, nobody would utter a peep.

You people are sad.

Old Post 04-21-11 04:46PM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:

They may have dumped COC because she's an abusive, disrespectful cow not unlike my mother.

LOL, here is what Captain Morgan misses. We have the right to free speech and Curlingzone provides a Forum where we can express said free speech.

Old Post 04-21-11 04:54PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

LOL, here is what Captain Morgan misses. We have the right to free speech and Curlingzone provides a Forum where we can express said free speech.

Ya...I know. You are going to get a lawyer after me and make my head spin.
LOL.

quote:

LOL, are you trying to limit our right to free speech? If so I can get a constitutional lawyer on your case so fast your head will be spinning for years to come.

Have a nice day

LOL LOL

Old Post 04-21-11 05:30PM
ott-am
Swing Artist

Hey, Capt Morgan. I thought you were going to be at the Perry last night. I looked all over for you.

Old Post 04-21-11 05:54PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am
Hey, Capt Morgan. I thought you were going to be at the Perry last night. I looked all over for you.

Did you look under the table in the corner?

Do you know what you're looking for??
50 year old fat, bald guy?
20 year old Arts student?
40 something pre-menopausal divorcee?

Nah, I wasn't there. But I know one of the guys singing in the band. I may go watch him.

Old Post 04-21-11 06:06PM
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:

Did you look under the table in the corner?

Do you know what you're looking for??
50 year old fat, bald guy?
20 year old Arts student?
40 something pre-menopausal divorcee?

Nah, I wasn't there. But I know one of the guys singing in the band. I may go watch him.

OK, post your real picture next time and then I will be able to identify you when I go there next time.

Old Post 04-21-11 06:09PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

LOL, look for a guy in an effeminate pirate costume

Old Post 04-21-11 07:25PM
Unregistered

quote:

Sure its unclassy and its just plain dumb. When a pro team cuts a player they release them and buy them out. They also release a statement to that effect. They don't detail how much, just that it was done.

As for if its anyone's business. If curling wants to be in the big time then its the fans who pay for that. So the fan has a certain right to know whats going on. Plus its not about the income, its about putting the right PR spin on the issue. And lets face it, on this Jones gets a D minus.

Pretty stupid move for a corporate lawyer to make.

If these competitive teams are going to continue to make these moves they better wise up. Fans and media want explanations. Not providing them only makes people think the worst. The animosity against Jones has nothing to do with cutting Overton. It's her silence on the matter that causes it. It makes her-and her teammates-look arrogant, cold and classless.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 165.130.136.208

Old Post 04-21-11 07:53PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
LOL, look for a guy in an effeminate pirate costume

Yes! Look for this guy.

Old Post 04-21-11 08:49PM
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:

Yes! Look for this guy.

Sorry, you will have to be more specific, that does not narrow it down.

Old Post 04-21-11 09:31PM