Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Curling World Cup
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

World Cup - China

There are some good teams here on the womens' side; we should get an indication as to whether or not Team Homan has its mojo back.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-11-18 08:43PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

streaming online

https://www.curlingworldcup.com/eve...ou-china?p=live

Old Post 09-12-18 08:22AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

this is seriously a joke. has the audience always been this bad in the arena?. im watching the game tonight and im not being dramatic in saying i at first thought no one was there. i struggled to find people in the seats.

i know curling struggles to attract audiences but this is embarrassing

Old Post 09-12-18 10:10AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well there's a result no one in the world could have seen coming. edin loses to ruohonen

edin and decruz both looked pretty ordinary today. decruz has played non stop . 4th week in a row. perhaps overplayed coming into this?

Old Post 09-12-18 11:07AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Those numbskulls who keep selecting locations for world curling events where the number of fans is usually less than the number of vendors are doing this sport a huge disservice.

Old Post 09-12-18 12:12PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

I'm pleasantly surprised to see the curlers in their own uniforms with many logos of their own sponsors. Very good signs for more power going to the players rather than the tournament organizers.

A decade ago, I toured with a large musical group in Shanghai and Beijing which involved a live TV broadcast. Every venue was officially sold out but at best bodies in seats was 1/3rd of the halls. Always a last minute crisis to get each performance license from authorities, often involving a last minute unexpected payment to an official and blocks of seats donated to various school and other groups.

Lots of things about this Cup series are appearing to be last minute and like any new endeavor there will be growing pains. Time will tell if this series lasts beyond the Beijing Winter Olympics. For the sake of curlers in Asia and all the full time elite curlers worldwide, I wish it all the success possible.

Old Post 09-12-18 05:44PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

two words.....live streaming.

two more words....new sponsors

A new, world-wide tournament with MORE sponsors and internet/TV opportunities.

Old Post 09-12-18 08:48PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

this event is just a mess.

the ice is not that good
the audience is no existent
the website constantly is having tech issues

this has not been a good start for this event

and the lack of audience is really annoying because i've seen some spectacular shots made here and there's no one there to appreciate them. the shot by persinger to steal against sweden, the shot through the port by mouat today to set up the win over switzerland.

players barely even acknowledge the audience because they know no one is there

Last edited by misty1 on 09-13-18 at 09:38AM

Old Post 09-13-18 08:50AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

also just want to give huge props to mouat in those last 2 ends. 2 great, clutch shots from him to bail his team out of trouble. the draw in 7 to force was great. his team made like..2 shots ahead of him in 8 and made a great hit through a port for the win in 8. nerves of steel

Old Post 09-13-18 09:44AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

The event is not without its flaws but I can never complain about new events that come with something a little different. I like having a page where the scores are auto-refreshed, something I'd like to see on the WCT/Slam pages.

I have had fun following the CWC and continue to cheer on that nice record Canada has going. Love what I am seeing from the new-look Koe rink!

Old Post 09-13-18 11:31AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Watched the abbreviated Canada/USA game. Canada flawless. Rachel is still the "Smoothest of the Smooth." If that game speaks for the future, every other team should be concerned.

Paid attendance: 4

Old Post 09-14-18 10:33AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

highest score?

Last night over the interwebs, I watched the US mixed doubles team win by a final score of 18 to 4. That's the most I've ever seen in a televised event in any format, and I was wondering if anyone here has seen more than that. (It included a perfect 6 in the 1st end.)

Also, stubhub now have my Omaha all-sessions ticket for sale for anyone looking to go at a discount.

Last edited by Observer on 09-14-18 at 01:47PM

Old Post 09-14-18 01:44PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Couple of Questions

Tiebreaker between Mouat and Koe, assuming both win their last game? I hope it's a game and not a draw to the button.

In the standings on this site, Koe is denoted with a Canadian flag, while team Homan shows the flag of Ontario (despite two team members living in Alberta). Any reason for this?

Old Post 09-14-18 11:21PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

According to the blog:

"As if the conclusion to men's Group B couldn't get any more fascinating. We've just been informed by the tournament officials that regardless of the result in Team Koe's match this afternoon at 1600 against Japan, each Canadian team member will have to draw a stone to the button afterwards. An average of the distance of those four stones from the button will then be calculated.

Then, at 1930, Scotland play Switzerland and (concentrate, now!) if they match Canada's result, Team Mouat will then also be required to draw one stone each. An average distance from the button would then be calculated, with the shortest average distance between Scotland and Canada then deciding who goes through to the final.

Are we all clear!?"

Not sure what to think of this, I too would prefer another game between them. Did they ask for the player's input on this? Despite this loss I think the new-look Koe rink will be a strong team.

Old Post 09-15-18 12:08AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

what a horrible chat room. You all sound like a bunch of old farts sitting round bitching to hear your own voice. Sounds like you would be happy with the corn brooms.

Old Post 09-15-18 12:56PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

to the critics I say harumph!!!!

Old Post 09-15-18 06:18PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Agreed. Proud of our Canadians, rooting for a trifecta in all disciplines! If not, still impressed with them for getting to the finals in their first events of the season (or for the new-look Team Koe, for their debut). Fun 'spiel to follow.

Old Post 09-15-18 07:36PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Congrats Team Canada Mixed Doubles. Walker/Muyers, way to go kids.

Old Post 09-15-18 11:11PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

World curling Cup

Congratulations to Team Homan for a decisive win.

Old Post 09-16-18 02:14AM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Thanks Teams Canada. A trifecta. Keep it up guys and gals. Great news.

Old Post 09-16-18 08:09AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

CONGRATS to all our Canadians for making it a Canadian sweep! Great to see Homan get off to a great start, lovely win for our Mixed Doubles pair and GREAT debut for the new Koe rink; formidable already even with the fact that they didn't get much practice beforehand and are in the "getting-to-know you" stage!

Old Post 09-16-18 12:00PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Wow, BJ had a huge smile on his face, something I never saw with his previous skip...and Koe seemed very happy too.

Old Post 09-16-18 08:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikey
Harvey Hacksmasher

I loved a lot of things about this event but mostly the timed ends. The pace was much like a mixed doubles event. I thought Koe would struggle with this but it forced him to make quick decisions and be decisive. He was neither of those last season and it was difficult to watch.

Old Post 09-17-18 02:25PM
mikey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikey Click here to Send mikey a Private Message Find more posts by mikey Add mikey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

I agree, right or wrong, make a decision and be decisive.

The highway of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

Old Post 09-18-18 06:55PM