Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Santa Brought a Keurig....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Santa Brought a Keurig....

and I am so freaking wired.

Merry Christmas all!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-25-11 10:26AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Re: Santa Brought a Keurig....

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
and I am so freaking wired.

Merry Christmas all!

Easy on the dark roast Dino! Merry Christmas to all as well.

JH

Old Post 12-25-11 11:25AM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

I received mine last Christmas, and I am very satisfied with the gift, however, be careful where you buy the "K" cups, they can run you up to 90 cents a cup, some outfits also try to tack on sales tax, it is a food item and tax-free.

The cheapest place to buy the cups is at Costco, where they run $0.50 per cup, and if you buy on line at Costco (better choices including decaf) they run at $0.60 a cup with free shipping, a good deal all around..

I notice that Mr Coffee also sells a coffee machine that uses "K" Cups, much cheaper at around $50.00. Enjoy.

Old Post 12-25-11 05:33PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
I received mine last Christmas, and I am very satisfied with the gift, however, be careful where you buy the "K" cups, they can run you up to 90 cents a cup, some outfits also try to tack on sales tax, it is a food item and tax-free.

The cheapest place to buy the cups is at Costco, where they run $0.50 per cup, and if you buy on line at Costco (better choices including decaf) they run at $0.60 a cup with free shipping, a good deal all around..

I notice that Mr Coffee also sells a coffee machine that uses "K" Cups, much cheaper at around $50.00. Enjoy.

Thanks. Unit came with 60 assorted but only one of them was decaf. Which explains my mid morning buzz, and the hellish crash that followed. I will follow your advice..Merry Christmas.

Old Post 12-25-11 08:07PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Should'a got a Tassimo....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.67.212.40

Old Post 12-26-11 04:23PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Should'a got a Tassimo....
For once in my life I did research before my purchase, and although the Tassimo is cheaper, the general consenses is that the Keurig makes better coffee. Of course, this may not be the first time Santa bought a Betamax!

Old Post 12-26-11 05:45PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Love my Keurig. On my second one, the first one lasted 5 years before the pump gave out. That was making 3 to 4 cups a day so over 5000 cups made.

Best deal for me is Staples. Wife gets a company discount there so an 18 pack is $9.

Old Post 12-27-11 11:09AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Enjoy your 50 cent a cup coffee, I am sticking with a an old fashioned machine at about 2 cents a cup.

Old Post 12-28-11 02:01PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Donr
Enjoy your 50 cent a cup coffee, I am sticking with a an old fashioned machine at about 2 cents a cup.
Found K-cups,including decaf, at Canadian Tire. $12.99 for 18.

I consider the Kuerig a special occasion machine. I am most certainly not going to use it to fill my Thermos one extremely delicious cup at a time. Though for the next little while when I am home it is going to get a workout.

On a side note, at Christmas day lunch at my brothers in-laws, they had a large size, AVOCODO coloured perk. It had to be from the seventies. And how good the coffee tasted, and how good the perk made the house smell, tells me that maybe Santa should have shopped at Value Village.

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 12-28-11 at 06:30PM

Old Post 12-28-11 06:28PM
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Found K-cups,including decaf, at Canadian Tire. $12.99 for 18.

I consider the Kuerig a special occasion machine. I am most certainly not going to use it to fill my Thermos one extremely delicious cup at a time. Though for the next little while when I am home it is going to get a workout.

On a side note, at Christmas day lunch at my brothers in-laws, they had a large size, AVOCODO coloured perk. It had to be from the seventies. And how good the coffee tasted, and how good the perk made the house smell, tells me that maybe Santa should have shopped at Value Village.

I'm trying to click "like"...am I on the wrong social media venue??? I'm so confused!

JH

Old Post 12-28-11 11:54PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Sorry dino, I too have to fall in with the Tassimo side. got mine for free by winning it at a Christmas party raffle two years ago and just love the damn thing.

True, you can make a pot of Folgers gut rot cheaper. However, I can't drink a whole pot of any brand of coffee so I'm wasting money. The Tass, on the other hand, makes a great Nabob French Vanilla for about 42 cents (yup, I did the math) so I don't waste a pot and keick the crap out of a Timmy's at that price.

While you can Dino, trade that kuerig in!

Old Post 12-29-11 07:22PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Sorry dino, I too have to fall in with the Tassimo side. got mine for free by winning it at a Christmas party raffle two years ago and just love the damn thing.

True, you can make a pot of Folgers gut rot cheaper. However, I can't drink a whole pot of any brand of coffee so I'm wasting money. The Tass, on the other hand, makes a great Nabob French Vanilla for about 42 cents (yup, I did the math) so I don't waste a pot and keick the crap out of a Timmy's at that price.

While you can Dino, trade that kuerig in!

Jam buddy, I had a Norwegian Grandmother......And she taught me that coffee should be black as coal, and strong enough to melt the spoon. Cream and sugar. Fisht!! (Really don't know what that last word means but when I think of the derision in which she used it, it should be an easy guess.)

My research told me that the Tassimo is much better for all you people who like your coffee foo foo. But for people who like coffee for the taste of the coffee, (and taste is why I drink beer as well), Keurig is it! But you know what. It's the holidays, and your suspect taste in hot beverages is totaly forgiven.

(And I can't forget the reusable k-cup. If I want to use Folgers rot gut I can. But really why would I...)

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 12-29-11 at 07:59PM

Old Post 12-29-11 07:55PM
Donr
Hitting Paint

Do you guys actually know what brand of coffee is used by these prepared single dose companys? And Jam can u not use just 1 cup of water at a time in your drip coffee maker....lol BTW keep buying the single cups it only increases the profits and that helps with my share prices and dividends Drink on boys

Old Post 12-29-11 08:47PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Donr
Do you guys actually know what brand of coffee is used by these prepared single dose companys? And Jam can u not use just 1 cup of water at a time in your drip coffee maker....lol BTW keep buying the single cups it only increases the profits and that helps with my share prices and dividends Drink on boys
You have shares in Newmans Own? (Pretty sure their profits go to charity. And delicious to boot.)

Old Post 12-29-11 09:50PM
newbroom
Harvey Hacksmasher

got a new Keurig also, bought the re useable filter attachment and can use my own Tim's for pennies...just make sure you get the course grind.
Enjoy!

Old Post 12-30-11 11:07PM
newbroom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newbroom Click here to Send newbroom a Private Message Find more posts by newbroom Add newbroom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Vindication!

900,000 Tassimo's recalled in Canada. 835,000 in the U.S.A.

Santa made the right move with Keurig.

Old Post 02-09-12 10:09PM
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Here is another vindication story:

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts. Here is proof that they are wrong. A year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "it might be nice to have another kid". You never hear a guy say " I would like another kick in the nuts". Case closed.

Old Post 02-10-12 05:18AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote