Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > 2011 Posties And the winners are...
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

How do you miss something that never was?

jonap has only been a member for 1 week with zero posts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-11 07:25PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Best Foriegn Poster? I rented a tux and all I got was an empty Pez dispenser and the Foreign Poster Postie? Well, thank you...I think.

Ben Tucker
North Dakota

Never underestimate the thrill of being able to say "Postie award winner" Tuck.

I know what you mean about a "Foreign" award. I've never forgiven the Academy for snubbing The Sweet Hereafter and Atom Egoyan!

JH

Old Post 03-14-11 07:44PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up

That's True.. very good film

J-Ho brings people back together.. admirable for sure

But back to Tuck..
just wanted to say I have lurked in your US Threads and have seen some very good debate there.. absent of personal swipes and flames. You handle discord with humour and that is very good. Everyone wins there.

The Rivallry on some of the Canadian Threads ( sometimes ) isn't "fun" as it could be..
When someone dares to challenge one certain female curler they are set upon by a pack of wolves in a non humourous way..
It could improve and I can attest to that because I got into one of those battles and it turned me totally OFF CZ..for the first time since I started posting way back in about 1999.

Anyway.. Tuck you are a talented writer.. and please bring your wisdom into the north anytime..

Go J-Ho.. your diplomacy is MUCH appreciated..

Old Post 03-14-11 08:42PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
So I am awarded the equivilent of the Best Foriegn Film Oscar? Well, thanks...I think.

Now if I can just learn to stay out of the Manitoba threads and the icemakers forum. For there is where angels fear to tread and I run the risk of looking stupid.

I, too, would like to thank Gerry and Dallas for their work on this site...a site that is growing in impact and importance inside the USA. I withhold my gratitude, however, because I am certain that they are growing stupid-super-rich on this site. Facebook and Google ain't nothin'. CZ is where the big bucks are being made. (for those that do not know me, look up the word Facetious)

There is an underappreciated poster in BC who doesn't post near enough. Teeman has intelligence and insight. I wish he would share them more often. I really appreciate that McEwen and his team are around. As most users, I appreciate that Manitoba Legend helps drive the discussion along with J-Ho. While I occasionally think that ML comes on too strong, he'll come down if you call him on it.

I have finished, sent off and received approval for my second-ever United States Curling News column. If you want to read a little more of my humble wordsmithing, check the very back pages...where they belong. As their newest columnist, I will hold off the humor (humour) until they get to know me.

Best Foriegn Poster? I rented a tux and all I got was an empty Pez dispenser and the Foreign Poster Postie? Well, thank you...I think.

Ben Tucker
North Dakota

Ah Tuck, I too lament at the all to infrequent posts of the Teeman. However I think he is pre-occupied pouring copius amounts of Guiness and regalling young lassies with tales of his heroic Brier feats to post here on CZ. Mayhaps that will change in the future for the benefit of us all.

Meanwhile, rejoice in you Postie. It could have been worse, like the Golden Globes. You could have got the award for Best Supporting Sidekick in a Foreigh Language Documentary Comedy/Musical about Global Warming....

Which you would have had to share with Charlie Sheen (but hey, the after party would have been a blast!)

Old Post 03-15-11 02:30AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
It could have been worse, like the Golden Globes. You could have got the award for Best Supporting Sidekick in a Foreigh Language Documentary Comedy/Musical about Global Warming....

Just a sec...let me get this down for next year...

JH

Old Post 03-15-11 09:48AM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

The Most Edits To Her Own Posts

**UPYERKILT**

Also, the most deletes of her own posts.

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 01-24-12 at 08:02AM

Old Post 01-24-12 07:15AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote