Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Whitney Houston
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Whitney Houston

Dead at 48. We all could see it coming, but it is still a shock.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-12 08:36PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

R.I.P

Old Post 02-11-12 08:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

I still remember that Superbowl rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Chilling!

JH

Old Post 02-13-12 02:03PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

one of the greatest, if not the greatest voice of all time

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 02-13-12 02:05PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Sadly the music world loses another star to addiction. Such a waste.

Old Post 02-13-12 02:52PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho
I still remember that Superbowl rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Chilling!

JH

I've seen the replay of the SSB many times on television today. It still is very chilling. Good Word. Its such a shame to lose your life to a lifestyle.

Old Post 02-13-12 07:38PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

RIP to the millions of people who die every day and don't get recognized....

Old Post 02-13-12 07:45PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Great Loss!

So many talented artists lost to drugs and alcohol

Old Post 02-13-12 08:25PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

just unfortunate such a great talent had to struggle the way she did with addiction

she died way to soon

Old Post 02-13-12 08:31PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
RIP to the millions of people who die every day and don't get recognized....

I'll click the like button on that...

JH

Old Post 02-14-12 11:13PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho

I'll click the like button on that...

JH

Saw a photo of a roomfull of caskets , all draped in the US flag. The caption was something like "none of these are Whitney Houston.

I started this thread, so by posting the above I look like a hypocrite. Facts are, I was shocked when I saw the news, and responded by starting this. I will not deny that there are others who deserve our sympathy just as much, or more. Thank you Curler1 and J-Ho.

Old Post 02-15-12 09:57PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Old Post 02-16-12 08:30AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Saw a photo of a room full of caskets , all draped in the US flag. The caption was something like "none of these are Whitney Houston.

I started this thread, so by posting the above I look like a hypocrite. Facts are, I was shocked when I saw the news, and responded by starting this. I will not deny that there are others who deserve our sympathy just as much, or more. Thank you Curler1 and J-Ho.

Whitney passes, you post and then J Ho and Curler1 decide to make mention of sympathy for others. It seems Whitney's passing has inspired them to show concern for others passing.

Last edited by Guest on 02-16-12 at 09:13AM

Old Post 02-16-12 09:05AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I think this thread should be closed. This forum does not need a contest on "who cares the most or the least". I've stated my feelings on the passing of Whitney Houston. I honestly believe that Dino expected similar posts when he started this thread.

Old Post 02-16-12 09:59AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Picture sure makes you think. I hear Flags will be at half mast during the service - pffft! Do they do that for their American Soliduers?

But, off topic, I spent an hour the other night trying to post a picture to this thread and could not get it?????

Old Post 02-16-12 01:36PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

when a person thats been in the public eye most of or all of their life and been as much of an influence as whitney has been for many then obviously there will be an outpouring of grief and people will want to express emotion. And for her fans of course its going to be hard to hear of her death

I think people come to develop a kind of attachment to celebrities..after a certain amount of time they copme to feel like they know them even if they dont.

One death is not more special than anyone else's. However people cant come out and express grief for every single person in the world that dies or may be dieing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.164.58

Old Post 02-16-12 02:00PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Whitney Houston and Gary Carter

Two people i adored growing up as a kid in the eighties. Sometimes life just fair!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.53.180.51

Old Post 02-16-12 07:54PM