Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Most unwatchable Team Cda since C. Jones
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Most unwatchable Team Cda since C. Jones

Although I will always cheer for Team Canada, and want them to do well, I find H. Ned almost impossible to watch. With the broom slamming, swearing , grumbling etc. its like I'm watching Tiger Woods out there. I think she's the least likeable skip to represent Canada since Colleen Jones. And at least Colleen had a positive attitude.

I know some of you are going to say JJ is way worse, and that's your opinion, man. Yes JJ is a fierce competitor and doesn't come across with a sunny disposition either, but she doesn't seem to snipe at everyone like Heather does.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-12 01:14PM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
applecurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nice and crisp right at the stick

Old Post 03-21-12 01:34PM
applecurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for applecurl Click here to Send applecurl a Private Message Find more posts by applecurl Add applecurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

She may come off the way it appears but that is the competitive side and she shows no pretences. That is better than patronizing someone and saying nice shot when everyone knows it was a bad throw....AKA Kelly Scott does at times.

P.S there is no MISS CONGENIALITY award at this pageant!

Last edited by Tap Back on 03-21-12 at 01:43PM

Old Post 03-21-12 01:40PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back
P.S there is no MISS CONGENIALITY award at this pageant!

LOL! Well said.

No-one says she has to be congenial, I just have a hard time listening to her. Still rooting for her and team Canada. Maybe bringing home the gold will lighten her up a little.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:51PM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SargentIV
Harvey Hacksmasher

I find her to be one of the most exciting aspects of these Curling World Championships. I come from a Track and Field family and I'm a swimmer myself. I've noticed that in many Olympic sports it's rather rare to find athletes with personality who are not afraid to where it on their sleeves. And as for the profanity, maybe it does speak to a limited vocabulary, but there are far worse things she could be saying, like trash talking opponents (Gary Hall, Jr.), racial/homophobic epithets, or disrespecting the competition (2004 US Men's Olympic Basketball team). She gets frustrated with a poor shot on her behalf and expresses herself as it comes naturally to her. She should be respected for being herself and not acting how she thinks others might want her to behave.

Old Post 03-21-12 02:01PM
SargentIV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SargentIV Click here to Send SargentIV a Private Message Find more posts by SargentIV Add SargentIV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I dont agree with a word you said. She's a passionate curler, I think that's great. For me I enjoy watching Heather then some stoic un emotional stone face like Rob Fowler

Old Post 03-21-12 02:03PM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

Id rather watch paint dry to be honest. The TV ratings will be way down. Who wants to watch these doormats?

Old Post 03-21-12 02:06PM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4
Id rather watch paint dry to be honest. The TV ratings will be way down. Who wants to watch these doormats?

OK Jennifer, we get it.

Even my young son mentioned how "into it" Heather gets.( in a good way) She's taking the boredom out of the game. Atleast she can swear and then seconds later laugh it off. Instead of going to sit on the end boards and pout.

Last edited by guido on 03-21-12 at 02:19PM

Old Post 03-21-12 02:17PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Animated and fun to watch. I've never seen a Canadian skip smile as often as Heather does. Such a pleasure to watch her. There is absolutely nother pretentious about her.

Old Post 03-21-12 02:25PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Yeah, everyone is so on Heather for swearing on tv and yet everyone thought it was hilarious and loved it when they thought she said ****balls.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 03-21-12 02:27PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

That can be your opinion but I am enjoying watching Heather. Did you see the game this morning? She wanted to know why she missed, not that she threw it good and it didn't work out. Much better than watching Koe who never looks like he is having fun, win or lose. It is a game after all, yes it is important and there is money on the line but it's just curling. No one is going to get traded to Sask for 95 million. Having had dinner at her house, that is who she is, just a ball of fire. Always going 100 mph (or 160 KPH if you prefer).

JH
I do know some people

Old Post 03-21-12 03:03PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

So Heather gets hyper - that is what passion does for you. JJ always had a sour look on her face and the rest of the team just looked bored or scared. Last year Team Canada was just plain dull.

It is nice to see Canadian curlers with personalities. At least the Men's team has Middaugh to keep things entertaining. But of course we won't get to watch many of those games.

Old Post 03-21-12 03:20PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

swearing, trash talking, grumbling, breaking things etc. all take place in virtually every other professional sport at its highest levels. Bring that into curling and we might see some younger people show more interest in the sport rather then all grey hairs in the stands. Personally, I would love to see Laine Peters two hand her broom over the side boards after coming up short on a freeze, I wouldn't miss a game if stuff like that were happening.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.194.68

Old Post 03-21-12 03:24PM
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Hi Curlerbroad. Mens worlds will be shown all Canadian games. Check tsncurling. It was the last time I think or the womens was shown all Canadian Games. Amanda

Old Post 03-21-12 03:26PM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

I agree, it's good to see a Canadian Women's Curler with a personality for once.

Heather Nedohin is probably the closest thing the Women's game has had to an Ed Werenich type personality for a long time. She tells it like it is, and isn't afraid to rub people the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, she's still a far cry from Eddie in his heyday... but she's the closest thing to a curler that can "keep it real" per se.

I respect that, and it's fun to watch someone truly being themselves and showing a little grit on the ice. Curling in general (Men's and Women's) could use some more people like that.

Old Post 03-21-12 03:28PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think I know what my problem is. I am a JJ fan, and even defended her in the Cathy O controversy. I think I'm projecting all the negativity that was directed her way onto the current team Canada. I'll try be more objective.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. I used to think that Tiger Woods was the man too, but his club slamming and negativity is too much for me to handle now & I don't care if he's ever near the top of a leaderboard again. There's a guy in my local league that starts slamming his broom on the boards in the 2nd end, makes him look like a total jerk, maybe he's affecting my thought process as well.

Old Post 03-21-12 03:36PM
Unregistered

She is an excellent lesson in how to regroup and focus before throwing a stone. Her emotions are borne for all to see but she knows this and makes plenty of shots in spite of it.

The effect it has on her teammates is harder to quantify, but based on the fact that they are Canadian champions and currently tied for the lead at Worlds, I think the team handles it just fine.

To all those who aren't entertained, well, what a shame for you, I guess. You can't question the quality of the curling, which is the main reason we should all be tuning in, and they've found a way to produce it being exactly who they are.

The great curling is there to be appreciated and those who do will stay tuned and cheer no matter what. It's not a stretch to say Nedohin will garner more fans than she turns off (much like your despised Tiger Woods - most popular player in the game in spite of all his troubles). You can't please everyone.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.54.132.230

Old Post 03-21-12 04:43PM
Unregistered

I think it is entirely possible to be annoyed by someone and still like and appreciate them. Personally, this is the case for me. Every curler who has their personality on display so much is going to be subject to the opinions of posters such as those on this site. Posters have different personalities of their own, and that is why certain things annoy different posters about curlers. If Heather Nedohin was a hockey player she would be loved!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.219.5

Old Post 03-21-12 04:55PM
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

I like the honesty from nedohin in interviews...but find all her "animation" strictly for the cameras, and it has a phoniness about it. Also only happens when she knows she has made the shot. She would be much easier to watch if she was "just herself" and didn't get into all the hotdogging on her shots when she knows the cameras will be watching.

Old Post 03-21-12 05:52PM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I agree with Hasbin totally. Like any woman she absolutely loves the attention and has become quite the actress for the cameras.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.5.194.68

Old Post 03-21-12 06:38PM
Unregistered

while i agree that heather is not shy of the cameras,, it is false to suggest that she only shows emotions and hystrionics when she makes a shot.. she does the same things when she misses or is about to miss a shot.
so, you are wrong, my friend. it is not 'hotdogging'

heather has been the exact same way since she was a junior.

it's awesome for the sport. TSN is doing vignettes showing heather's animation,, and viewers are eating it up.

afraid you are in the minority in your opinion.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.141.142.30

Old Post 03-21-12 06:48PM
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

She shows some angers and frustration on her "misses".... The "cutesy" stuff is all about when she makes. The only one who eats it up are heather and her followers. The over dramatizing stuff is what turns people off of being a fan of hers

Old Post 03-21-12 06:56PM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
w
it's awesome for the sport. TSN is doing vignettes showing heather's animation,, and viewers are eating it up.

says who? TSN?

Old Post 03-21-12 07:05PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by applecurl
Nice and crisp right at the stick

I'm watching with the Mute button on, the silence is quite enjoyable.

Old Post 03-21-12 07:23PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hasbin
She shows some angers and frustration on her "misses".... The "cutesy" stuff is all about when she makes. The only one who eats it up are heather and her followers. The over dramatizing stuff is what turns people off of being a fan of hers

wrong again. heather is amassing significantly more fans than she is turning people off. you obviously don't understand the motivation behind TSN giving her so much attention.. it's because people are loving it!

or,, if we follow yor logic ... the tsn producers must be thinking this way: "hhmmmmmm , we are getting tons or negative feedback about nedohin.. people are really annoyed by her personailty and emotions. i know... let"s give it even more attention by doing a couple of dedicated vignettes to her antic. that way we'll get even more viewers"

you are silly. it's ok for yo to be annoyed.. but it's just silly to suggest that you are in the majority.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.141.142.30

Old Post 03-21-12 07:42PM