Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > Most unwatchable Team Cda since C. Jones
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Don't care about majority....just telling you that maybe what you view as "the minority" is the silent majority. All I know is it turns me off....and most people I talk to say the same thing. I can tell you the other competitive teams in Canada find it "phony" as well. So you can continue to watch and "enjoy" the phony theatrics.... I choose not to and as a result am not making sure I am able to watch the Canada's games.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-12 07:49PM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

I find Nedohin's team hard to cheer for. I tried to keep an open mind, but her hissy fit in the game against Sweden was not attractive.

I watched a bit to day with the mute on, then turned it off. I know a few other people who feel the same way.

It's subjective. Some folks love her antics, others not so much.

Old Post 03-21-12 07:54PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

exactly!
that's precisely why she's GREAT for curling. i only watched a game or two of ladies curling on TV,, before this year's canadians>> i got one taste of Heather and her big personality and watched every single game of hers i could,

i dare say that the people you refer to that she is turning off are people who are already curling fans. they may even know heather ,, or know someone who knows her.

what is significant about heather -like her or not - is that she IS bringing new interest to the sport.

how can that be bad? call me naiive,, but that would NOT be bad in any other sport i can think of.

are curling fans all this petty?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.141.142.30

Old Post 03-21-12 08:20PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Glad to hear that she has brought you to the game....and agree that if she in fact is having that effect, it is good for the game as growth is growth. Just leaving some of the "old" fans of the game not as impressed. Enjoy watching the theatrics.. And I will enjoy watching good curling, honest emotion and hard work...that I enjoy. I will however ignore the "phony" theatrics .... that I do not enjoy.

Old Post 03-21-12 08:33PM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hasbin
Glad to hear that she has brought you to the game....and agree that if she in fact is having that effect, it is good for the game as growth is growth. Just leaving some of the "old" fans of the game not as impressed. Enjoy watching the theatrics.. And I will enjoy watching good curling, honest emotion and hard work...that I enjoy. I will however ignore the "phony" theatrics .... that I do not enjoy.

I would assume you dispise it when Stoughton does the spinerama then?

Old Post 03-21-12 09:30PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by guido

I would assume you dispise it when Stoughton does the spinerama then?

Stoughton never actually tries to perform a spinoramma. Those are just really bad slides.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.219.5

Old Post 03-21-12 09:34PM
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Not really....totally different. And that is done maybe once a spiel...or less....

Old Post 03-21-12 09:35PM
North60

I'd rather watch an emotional Heather Nedohin than a dour Jenifer Jones any day - but then i've never appreciated Jenifer's somewhat aloof and nearly arrogant attitude.

Denmark on the other hand - Lene Nielsen was a pleasure to watch. They played a great game against Canada and won with class. I hope to see them around for a long time to come!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 199.247.191.194

Old Post 03-21-12 09:51PM
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Re: Most unwatchable Team Cda since C. Jones

I couldn't disagree more. Team Nedohin is one of the most compelling and watchable Team Canada representatives to come along in years.

Your post: among the most impossible to read or comprehend in some time.

quote:
Originally posted by leathal1
Although I will always cheer for Team Canada, and want them to do well, I find H. Ned almost impossible to watch. With the broom slamming, swearing , grumbling etc. its like I'm watching Tiger Woods out there. I think she's the least likeable skip to represent Canada since Colleen Jones. And at least Colleen had a positive attitude.

I know some of you are going to say JJ is way worse, and that's your opinion, man. Yes JJ is a fierce competitor and doesn't come across with a sunny disposition either, but she doesn't seem to snipe at everyone like Heather does.

Old Post 03-21-12 10:06PM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamielb77
Knee-Slider

I like watching Nedohin. Theatrics or not, it's refreshing to see some emotions and passion being expressed.
Who cares if she swears on live tv?? The men do it all the time, and it always goes unnoticed!

Old Post 03-21-12 10:41PM
jamielb77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamielb77 Click here to Send jamielb77 a Private Message Find more posts by jamielb77 Add jamielb77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

She comes off as being phony to me also but she is a very good curler.

Old Post 03-21-12 10:42PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Better her than Kelly Scott.

Old Post 03-21-12 11:28PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

She makes the boring women bowling championship more interesting to watch. Amber Holland was too cold and Jennifer Jones was too fierce.Just saying.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 210.6.104.63

Old Post 03-22-12 05:52AM
Unregistered

I had not seen Heather Nedohin before the Scotties but as others have said, I too really enjoy her enthusiasm and passion and fun personality. She comes off very genuine to me.
As to those who have commented on watching the game muted- they are no worse than other teams that scream loudly (a la Middaugh) and lots of front ends encourage their skipper before his/her rocks- I believe that often occurs on Team Howard.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.52.230.172

Old Post 03-22-12 08:16AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I had not seen Heather Nedohin before the Scotties but as others have said, I too really enjoy her enthusiasm and passion and fun personality. She comes off very genuine to me.
As to those who have commented on watching the game muted- they are no worse than other teams that scream loudly (a la Middaugh) and lots of front ends encourage their skipper before his/her rocks- I believe that often occurs on Team Howard.

While her enthusiasm and passion are fun to watch, her theatrics come across as phony and contrived. Personally, while this annoys me as well I don't get to the point where I have to mute the tv. Go Team Canada!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.73.76.50

Old Post 03-22-12 09:58AM
riderfangal
Hitting Paint

I love Heathers enthusiasm for the game. I do not find it phony at all. It's refreshing to see someone that has that much passion for the game.

Go Team Canada!!

Old Post 03-22-12 10:15AM
riderfangal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riderfangal Click here to Send riderfangal a Private Message Find more posts by riderfangal Add riderfangal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Only thing I've noticed about Nedohin thats different than the Scotties is she's almost always looking at the big screen camera in the arena to see when she's on. Iskiw does the same thing but is a bit more reserved and controlled. Both girls are totally aware they are BEING FILMED!

Perhaps Heather and Beth are looking at the big screen because it is showing the rock placement in the house. The camera comes back to them and they are on the screen. Why do you want to find so much to critizise about the Nedohin team.

Old Post 03-22-12 10:54AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jonren
Harvey Hacksmasher

I have been at several WCT events that Heather has played in, along with the Alberta Scotties and National Scotties and that is not phony at all! That is her through and through, she is intense and animated each and every game.

I find it very refreshing to watch, it's nice to see someone have emotion and show some passion towards the game.

Old Post 03-22-12 11:18AM
jonren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jonren Click here to Send jonren a Private Message Find more posts by jonren Add jonren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Why do you want to find so much to critizise about the Nedohin team.

Because JJ isn't on the team.

Old Post 03-22-12 11:40AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Perhaps Heather and Beth are looking at the big screen because it is showing the rock placement in the house. The camera comes back to them and they are on the screen. Why do you want to find so much to critizise about the Nedohin team.

Every big-time curler that has his/her face on television at the Scotties, Brier, a national event, etc. has always been over-scrutized by many a poster. It has been happening for many years....it's just Heather's turn.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.73.76.50

Old Post 03-22-12 11:47AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

The term "drama queen" can also apply to theatrics on the ice.

Old Post 03-22-12 01:36PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yep, gave it another try, really had a difficult time getting behind this team. Oh well, another medal for Canada, albiet a bronze. Great showing by the Koreans. A little more seasoning and these ladies could really do some damage. Great to see an upstart team make some noise.

Old Post 03-25-12 04:19PM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote