Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > Mark Nichols to join Stoughton
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Mark Nichols to join Stoughton

I didn't see this coming.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-157047315.html

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-12 05:47PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tookthetrip
Harvey Hacksmasher

Too bad for Tyler Forest but no shame in getting beat out by Nichols. Wonder where Tyler ends up now? Solid move for Team Stoughton, they will be contenders for sure.

Old Post 06-04-12 06:56PM
tookthetrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tookthetrip Click here to Send tookthetrip a Private Message Find more posts by tookthetrip Add tookthetrip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tyler never left Willie's team.

Old Post 06-04-12 09:56PM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

Just my opinion, and I venture it without any idea of the inner dynamics of the new Team Stoughton....but to me it makes more sense to have Nichols at second and move Carruthers to lead. You have a hard time finding a better big-weight tosser anywhere than Nichols.

Just my two cents. Hell of a strong addition no matter what.

Old Post 06-04-12 11:59PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

At this point they are not changing the line up. Here is what the end of the article says...but had no hesitation in dropping down to play with Stoughton, who will have Mead remain at third and Carruthers at second.
"I will do anything these guys want to make this team and make this team work," said Nichols. "If that means throw up a couple of guards and then sweep my ass off, that's what I will do."

Old Post 06-05-12 09:42AM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Interesting move but with two strong young(ish) sweepers, Stoughton has a chance. I hope Nichols realizes that getting out of Manitoba won't be as easy as getting out of Newfoundland! Fitness trainer eh? Maybe I will move to Winnipeg...

Old Post 06-05-12 12:49PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserCurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

Great move by Nichols. I think if he had any ambitions to get another Olympic medal, it wasnt going to be with Gushue. I'm not bashing Gushue here, just stating I think this was a good choice at trying to get to another Olympics.

That said though, I guess the comments made by Stoughton about Gushue not having a chance at winning the 2006 Olympic Trials are now water on the bridge with Mark.

Best of luck and enjoy the new challenge.

Old Post 06-05-12 02:59PM
FraserCurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserCurling Click here to Send FraserCurling a Private Message Visit FraserCurling's homepage! Find more posts by FraserCurling Add FraserCurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coorsman
Swing Artist

Wiecek did a great job of making a story out Stoughton's honest opinion to a question asked 7 years ago. That's all that ever was. Just an ironic ending I suppose...

Old Post 06-06-12 02:07AM
coorsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coorsman Click here to Send coorsman a Private Message Find more posts by coorsman Add coorsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote