Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > I thought there was live curling on TV of Manitoba this weekend. Any live events?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

I thought there was live curling on TV of Manitoba this weekend. Any live events?

This is the worst year I have ever seen for replay curling and few live events. What is going on??? I thought they were showing Manitoba's finals this weekend and I can't find. Curling Zones says to watch curling - has it highlighted and then says no events.

What a waste of time checking these out.

Disgusted at this. I fought with Sportsnet and other stations trying to get the events on and finally we get them on and this year it dies.

Someone please tell me where there is CURRENT LIVE CURLING EVENTS

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-17 09:28AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Take a deep breath!!!!!!!!

Sportsnet has the Manitoba and Alberta semis and finals on tomorrow Sunday the 12th starting at 9 am Central with the MB semi . In short there are 4 games broadcast tomorrow.

To be honest with you it really wasn't that hard to find this information.

Old Post 02-11-17 09:40AM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJ56
Knee-Slider

Angry I'm very upset too.

I've been searching but so far haven't found any live events, even though they are in progress. I'm asking too...what t h*** is going on this year? I've never seen this happen before.
What can we do as a fan group to get answers? To whom do we go to get answers? There must be a regulatory committee or what have you that knows what's going on!

I thought live streaming was going on but it isn't. Is there another site that live streams? I'm going to keep digging.

Old Post 02-11-17 09:55AM
PJ56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PJ56 Find more posts by PJ56 Add PJ56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Donr
To be honest with you it really wasn't that hard to find this information.

Please share this information with us.

Thanks

Old Post 02-11-17 10:01AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJ56
Knee-Slider

Reply to DONR's posted response

We know about the finals...We are talking about live events, LIVE.
Ie. there's a men's provincial game on now in my real time and .NO live streaming of it

That's what we're talking about. LIVE STREAMING.! On the INTERNET!
Now do you understand?
I've spent a lot of time researching and 2017 events are only showing semi and final games so far on TSN. This is the first time ever that this is going on.

I would like Russ Howard and company who are the information providers to say something. But I know they won't. They work for TSN.

TSN is putting old classic curling on and yet current tournaments aren't put on?

I'm really angry that everybody broadcasting is so tight lipped about it. If .I were Russ Howard for instance, I'd have the balls to speak up.

Shame on all the media and sports network and TSN for ignoring the situation as if nothing was wrong!
PJ56

Old Post 02-11-17 10:11AM
PJ56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PJ56 Find more posts by PJ56 Add PJ56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJ56
Knee-Slider

Angry Reply to lovemycurling

I'm just as shocked and angry as you are. They aren't pulling the wool over our eyes.
What other curling websites that have forums regarding tournaments and curling in general are out there? I'm googling this now and if I find anything you and all the curling fans on Facebook will be the first to know. I'm now going to post this question to fans on Facebook. If you use any other social media, post the same question and perhaps someone will know he answer.

Good luck to alll curling fans in this search for answers!

PJ56

Old Post 02-11-17 10:21AM
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: Reply to DONR's posted response

quote:
Originally posted by PJ56
Ie. there's a men's provincial game on now in my real time and .NO live streaming of it

Now do you understand?
I've spent a lot of time researching and 2017 events are only showing semi and final games so far on TSN. This is the first time ever that this is going on.

I would like Russ Howard and company who are the information providers to say something. But I know they won't. They work for TSN.

TSN is putting old classic curling on and yet current tournaments aren't put on?

I'm really angry that everybody broadcasting is so tight lipped about it. If .I were Russ Howard for instance, I'd have the balls to speak up.

Shame on all the media and sports network and TSN for ignoring the situation as if nothing was wrong!
PJ56

The semi-finals and finals are on a different, competing network, Sportsnet. Why would TSN consider live streaming pre-final day games for up to 10 provinces? You act as if there are no resources and costs required for such streaming and there are - with very limited viewership. I am a big curling fan, but I understand that TSN don't 'owe me' by dedicating resources to stream stuff that would be watched by a couple of hundred people, tops. I also realize that they wouldn't do that with Sportsnet having the semi-final and final rights.

Old Post 02-11-17 10:59AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Reply to DONR's posted response

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

The semi-finals and finals are on a different, competing network, Sportsnet. Why would TSN consider live streaming pre-final day games for up to 10 provinces? You act as if there are no resources and costs required for such streaming and there are - with very limited viewership. I am a big curling fan, but I understand that TSN don't 'owe me' by dedicating resources to stream stuff that would be watched by a couple of hundred people, tops. I also realize that they wouldn't do that with Sportsnet having the semi-final and final rights.

Bang on.

Old Post 02-11-17 11:06AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Re: Reply to DONR's posted response

quote:
Originally posted by PJ56

Now do you understand?

PJ56

The original post was taking about curling on TV not live streaming but when i see how confused you are about who is even showing the televised games I think about the saying " if the guy had a clue it would be lonesome"

Old Post 02-11-17 11:42AM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Sportsnet greed fee now

Yes, they may be on Sportsnet, if you pay for a subscription. I pay almost $14 for my TV sports channels and all I get is 50 programs of hockey, and about the same of repeat, hockey central, Jackie Redman and the stupid replays of stupid things people did. So why did Sportsnet start charging so we can watch it. I don't want to only see the last games. Half the time the teams we watch may not reach the playoffs so we don't see them play at all.

This has become a real joke and not a funny one. I got to watch Brad Jacobs on live stream today and it was a great game.

We have 4 or more great teams out of Manitoba in men's alone. And several women's. So WHY should we only see the last day.

Sportsnet is useless now. I don't even need it so will probably cancel my sports package. Why pay for what I am not getting and soccer and junk that I don't even watch.

It is time someone in the curling field, took objection to what is happening and got this show on the road. We are not backdoor people who watch once in a while. Many of us would go to the arenas if health would permit, but as far as I am concerned, it is an insult to the game, to the players and the fans. And who needs just the scoreboard that tells us nothing.

Furious at this point. I have pushed for 4 years to do everything I could to get curling on live stream or TV. I am 75 years old. If I can do it then some of the younger curling fans need to get off their seat of do nothing and make this happen or we won't have curling as a sport. It will die. They push the curling game Rocks and Rings and another one on the ads. Where are these young kids going to advance if curling is let die??? It is a good sport, a clean sport and a fun sport. I would love to have a grandson in it. I enjoyed watching the Juniors like Matt and others advance to the advanced bonspiels. Now we see nothing. It is over before we even know it happened because it takes hours to even find a schedule of any programming at all. Get a site up that shows it all so we don't have to waste days looking for games. Sorry, but this is totally unacceptable. Get off your cell phones for a while and do some work.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 02-11-17 at 01:39PM

Old Post 02-11-17 01:32PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

CurlBC is streaming all the games including playoffs live on their youtube channel. Hopefully the link below is correct. all times PST

https://youtu.be/4jBEUp1PNgU

Old Post 02-11-17 02:42PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: Sportsnet greed fee now

quote:
Originally posted by Lovemycurling
Yes, they may be on Sportsnet, if you pay for a subscription. I pay almost $14 for my TV sports channels and all I get is 50 programs of hockey, and about the same of repeat, hockey central, Jackie Redman and the stupid replays of stupid things people did. So why did Sportsnet start charging so we can watch it. I don't want to only see the last games. Half the time the teams we watch may not reach the playoffs so we don't see them play at all.

This has become a real joke and not a funny one. I got to watch Brad Jacobs on live stream today and it was a great game.

We have 4 or more great teams out of Manitoba in men's alone. And several women's. So WHY should we only see the last day.

Sportsnet is useless now. I don't even need it so will probably cancel my sports package. Why pay for what I am not getting and soccer and junk that I don't even watch.

It is time someone in the curling field, took objection to what is happening and got this show on the road. We are not backdoor people who watch once in a while. Many of us would go to the arenas if health would permit, but as far as I am concerned, it is an insult to the game, to the players and the fans. And who needs just the scoreboard that tells us nothing.

Furious at this point. I have pushed for 4 years to do everything I could to get curling on live stream or TV. I am 75 years old. If I can do it then some of the younger curling fans need to get off their seat of do nothing and make this happen or we won't have curling as a sport. It will die. They push the curling game Rocks and Rings and another one on the ads. Where are these young kids going to advance if curling is let die??? It is a good sport, a clean sport and a fun sport. I would love to have a grandson in it. I enjoyed watching the Juniors like Matt and others advance to the advanced bonspiels. Now we see nothing. It is over before we even know it happened because it takes hours to even find a schedule of any programming at all. Get a site up that shows it all so we don't have to waste days looking for games. Sorry, but this is totally unacceptable. Get off your cell phones for a while and do some work.

I admire your passion.

Last edited by rick8end on 02-11-17 at 04:48PM

Old Post 02-11-17 04:38PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Johnny Moe against Team Joanisse are curling live on Shaw 02 or 299 satelitte now

Live now 4:00 Central time and more matches later and tomorrow.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 02-11-17 at 05:20PM

Old Post 02-11-17 05:03PM
PJ56
Knee-Slider

Any new developments?

I'm so glad you spoke up about the young people getting off their cells and getting involved in this mess. I'm 61 so I'm not the future of curling.

Old Post 02-13-17 12:49AM
propane_cooker
Harvey Hacksmasher

I was also really disappointed that there was no live streaming of this event. Hard to believe that provinces like Nova Scotia, BC, Ontario, Saskatchewan and I think there are more could find the resources to cover and stream THE WHOLE EVENT. I understand Sportsnet covers the finals, thats fine I like that coverage but I don't see why Curl Manitoba couldn't get it together and sell some add space and pay 10 people to make a streaming broadcast. I think CurlMantioba would be the best place to start making it known that this is something that people in the province really want, petition? Email?

Old Post 02-14-17 02:26PM
propane_cooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for propane_cooker Click here to Send propane_cooker a Private Message Find more posts by propane_cooker Add propane_cooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote