Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Unregistered

4 teams are 2 games clear of everyone else. Either 5 losses will be enough or these 4 teams will hold on to the playoff spots

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 03-20-12 07:40PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: <--Korea's Rockin'

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Wholly Crow! EE Victory. Serious mental majesty happening here. Go Korea! PyeongChang here I come!

I might have to take the day off to catch that CAN vs KOR game tomorrow! Curious to see how that will play out....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-12 07:42PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

These standings look backwards.

Korea at 5-1????
The mind boggles, last year 2-9 this year already 5 wins, I haven't seen them play so I have no clue how this has come about.

SCO,CHN,USA at four losses already. They need to pick it up, thankfully for the Americans they're doing just that.

Old Post 03-20-12 08:22PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

From the start the Korean skip was shooting lights out... and I said if her team starts shooting good, they would be there at the end... looks like the girls are for real. Now we'll see if they peaked too soon and tomorrow's game will definitely be one to watch.

Old Post 03-20-12 08:55PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

What's happening with attendance at the worlds? I thought westerners prided themselves on being the hotbed of action.
After 10 rounds- attendance is less than 20 000.
Is it the calibre of play or expensive tickets or location?

Old Post 03-20-12 10:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tarks
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade
What's happening with attendance at the worlds? I thought westerners prided themselves on being the hotbed of action.
After 10 rounds- attendance is less than 20 000.
Is it the calibre of play or expensive tickets or location?

Perhaps its just TC. Anyone else find Canada annoying as heck to watch? Do the women's worlds ever draw huge numbers? I wish TSN would broadcast games when Canada has a bye.

Old Post 03-20-12 10:42PM
Tarks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tarks Click here to Send Tarks a Private Message Find more posts by Tarks Add Tarks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Tarks

Perhaps its just TC. Anyone else find Canada annoying as heck to watch? Do the women's worlds ever draw huge numbers? I wish TSN would broadcast games when Canada has a bye.

Telecasting Canada in every game is a tradition I think needs to end. We have yet to see Scotland, Korea, and Sweden ( until now ) which are some of the bigger stories in the event. Any Team Canada gets boring if their in EVERY game.

Your idea is good, that Korea vs Denmark game was crucial to playoff hopes and had what looks to be a fantastic finish. Should have been on TV.

Old Post 03-20-12 11:02PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Tarks

52000 in swift current. record apparently over 60000 in grand prairie in 2006.

Old Post 03-20-12 11:16PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Telecasting Canada in every game is a tradition I think needs to end. We have yet to see Scotland, Korea, and Sweden ( until now ) which are some of the bigger stories in the event. Any Team Canada gets boring if their in EVERY game.

AYE! Especially if they aren't really playing that great to be honest, despite their record. Team Canada has really been underwhelming and extremely lucky so far.

Old Post 03-20-12 11:38PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Heather Nedohin has been Team Canada's best player - which is not necessarily a good thing.

Especially when they are relying on her for EVERYTHING. I'm also a little annoyed at the lack of rocks in play with team Canada... and when there are rocks in play, they get burned.

Old Post 03-21-12 12:10AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

<-- Korea's a rockin' the field!

omg Chi Kor Barnburner. Kor 1 up 9th. Yikes. What a run!

update: Chi blanked nine. Kor will have to steal to prevent the EE. Of course... China wants the deuce. drumroll....

..... and the trumpets blare! Another victory. True strength. Go Team Go!

Last edited by nelski on 03-21-12 at 01:01AM

Old Post 03-21-12 12:36AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

TSN SHOWING KOREA/CHINA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-21-12 12:48AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Anyone else hoping Korea can get to the final? Or even winning!

Old Post 03-21-12 12:58AM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle

yes, that would me me, big time!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.65.85.147

Old Post 03-21-12 01:01AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh
Anyone else hoping Korea can get to the final? Or even winning!

First step - qualify. Then regroup and keep doin' what you're doin'. Some solid planning has gone into this. Who is the mastermind!? WTG Team.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:03AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido
TSN SHOWING KOREA/CHINA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOCK!!
I'm cheering hard FOR Korea in tomorrow's match up... I hope both teams bring their A-game!
Hopefully tonite's loss to Sweden will wake Team Canada up! It's the home stretch and they need to really pull it together.

Last edited by wakwak on 03-21-12 at 01:11AM

Old Post 03-21-12 01:07AM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
First step - qualify. Then regroup and keep doin' what you're doin'. Some solid planning has gone into this. Who is the mastermind!? WTG Team.

I'm almost positive that with one more win, Korea is guaranteed at least a tiebreaker. Two wins and they're guaranteed a playoff spot!

Great to see they've come a long way!

Old Post 03-21-12 01:07AM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

as someone else posted i to find nedowin and her third very annoying.you no if your allways looking for the camera put some makeup on.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:09AM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I'm thinkin I want Canada to win..... don't know why..... maybe cuz I'm Canadian??!!??!!
Even when that team from Manitoba was the Canadian rep.... I still wanted Canada to win.

edit.... Now you need MAKEUP to curl????? WTF?????

Old Post 03-21-12 01:12AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by sooner
as someone else posted i to find nedowin and her third very annoying.you no if your allways looking for the camera put some makeup on.

I'm too distracted by the frenetic "HARD!!!!" "NOOOO!" "HARDDD!" "NOOOO!" line calls to even notice the lack of make up. I actually feel stressed watching Team Canada play at times.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:14AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by wakwak

I'm too distracted by the frenetic "HARD!!!!" "NOOOO!" "HARDDD!" "NOOOO!" line calls to even notice the lack of make up. I actually feel stressed watching Team Canada play at times.

Atleast they are one of the teams that you can understand.LOL.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:17AM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh

I'm almost positive that with one more win, Korea is guaranteed at least a tiebreaker. Two wins and they're guaranteed a playoff spot!

Great to see they've come a long way!

Still a lot to be decided, Korea has the toughest finishing schedule of anyone. That basically puts the top 4 teams in the same boat, scrap it out for those top two positions and do not crash and burn ( letting other teams back in ).

Old Post 03-21-12 01:18AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Still a lot to be decided, Korea has the toughest finishing schedule of anyone. That basically puts the top 4 teams in the same boat, scrap it out for those top two positions and do not crash and burn ( letting other teams back in ).

I'm a little concerned about Team Canada to be honest. They have KOR, GER, SCO, and ITA. I don't see any problems with ITA but those first 3 teams will put up a fight especially GER and SCO who are at 4 losses.

Old Post 03-21-12 01:29AM
sooner
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I'm thinkin I want Canada to win..... don't know why..... maybe cuz I'm Canadian??!!??!!
Even when that team from Manitoba was the Canadian rep.... I still wanted Canada to win.

edit.... Now you need MAKEUP to curl????? WTF?????

sorry guido just kidding but?

Old Post 03-21-12 01:37AM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

I can see Canada going 2-2 the next 2 days, but I don't see them winning with how they're playing. How many times has Nedohin made a skipper's deuce/saved the end for the team?

Old Post 03-21-12 01:39AM