Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hooper
Swing Artist

Barring an extra end, Canada will have had the hammer only twice this entire game.

Yeeeeeeesh.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-12 05:33PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Man, Nedohin's last shot is a toughie. Korea's in a terrific position.

Old Post 03-24-12 05:53PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tubby
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
For the record I would have played the same freeze as heather - just might not have got the rub!!!! lol

I was with Russ and played the double.

Old Post 03-24-12 05:55PM
tubby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby Click here to Send tubby a Private Message Find more posts by tubby Add tubby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Without the doubt the most boring game of the week. God I hope Switzerland doesn't get lulled into that

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 03-24-12 05:56PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

Korea deserved this! Great job Korea!

Lots of learning for this rather lacklustre Team Canada .... good luck with the Bronze medal match.

Old Post 03-24-12 05:56PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

KOREA FOR GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing 10th end by them!!!

Old Post 03-24-12 05:57PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Without the doubt the most boring game of the week. God I hope Switzerland doesn't get lulled into that

Complete snooze fest... which is sort of the type of game Team Canada played all week.. many misses and uninspiring strategy.
I'm hoping for a SUI vs SWE final.

Old Post 03-24-12 05:58PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

This is now Canada's longest drought without a world title.(4 years).
Previous droughts consisted of 3 years (1981-1983, 1990-1992).

I think with the growth of the game around the world, Canada is no longer the strong power in women's curling. I know there will be others that say I'm rushing to conclusions but I've believed this to be a fact for a couple of years now.

Team Nedohin looked out of place all week, they really should have finished 6-5(Suisse game). I also find it hard to think of a Canadian team that would have really swept up the field and dominated these worlds. It would be nice to have a CDN women's team pop up and take the world by storm again (ex:Schmirler).

Old Post 03-24-12 06:00PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Coach's call.

The Korean coach's call for the split in the 4foot biter in 10 made the game. Winning point became the focus. Granted 3 unexcuted freezes did not help Cda's cause. Go for Bronze team. Ott will be tough for Koreans I think.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:01PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I was cheering for Heather until the crowd starting clapping in the Korean last shot. Great regroup and well done for them......... the crowd sucked..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.207.52.132

Old Post 03-24-12 06:03PM
sooner
Hitting Paint

canadas strategy was brutal

Old Post 03-24-12 06:07PM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

The Korean coach was trying to avoid breaking out in laughter at the poor Canadian strategy.

LOL

He knew exactly how to maximize his team's chances of winning and the Canadians were clueless.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:09PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Hey ObsessiveCurler,
I don't think you are rushing to conclusions at all. Back in the day when Sandra Schmirler was dominating, there were only 2 or 3 teams who could possibly win the worlds barring a miracle. Now there are 6 to 8. The rest of the world caught up because curling matters more than it ever has. Once it became an Olympic sport the writing was on the wall as far as Canadian domination goes. As a Canadian I love to see Canadians win but there are so many great teams out there now.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 173.181.3.255

Old Post 03-24-12 06:09PM
Unregistered

Now Nedohin and her co. will try to avoid a JJ 4th place finish in their 1st worlds appearance...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 1.36.57.105

Old Post 03-24-12 06:10PM
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
For the record I would have played the same freeze as heather - just might not have got the rub!!!! lol

Freeze does nothing for them as they had the 1 foot raise to win regardless. Very simple shot to win. The double was the only way to have much of a chance. Very boring game and Canada just could not put any pressure on to force more agressive play.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:12PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I was waiting for the camera shot of Dave Nedohin hiding his head in shame.

It was like the Koreans had a chess strategy and the Canadians thought that playing checkers would win as long as you moved the pieces with the most precision.

TERRIBLE!!

Old Post 03-24-12 06:12PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I knew that loss to Italy would come back and bite them in the azz! Italy FFS!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.65.168.137

Old Post 03-24-12 06:19PM
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by sooner
canadas strategy was brutal

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I did not have a problem so much with execution from Team Canada allthough the middle part of the team could not maintain their level of consistency they had at the Scotties. Playing for the other team to miss with their super defensive strategy came back to bite them in the end I thought. (the 9th end in particular was frustrating). Hats off to the Koreans my neice's husband now living in Canada should be proud!

Old Post 03-24-12 06:21PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
I was cheering for Heather until the crowd starting clapping in the Korean last shot. Great regroup and well done for them......... the crowd sucked..

Yep, knuckleheads in the crowd pulled the same stunt on the young Korean third earlier in the game. Kind of obvious when there is no rythmic clapping during Canada's deliveries.

As I said before the US game, if they play a dull defensive game they will probably be out. Korea was smart, they can play any style, recognized Canada's strength and switched strategy.

Should be interesting to see how Korea attacks Switzerland. I'm thinking they go back on offense. If they beat the Swiss, the defensive trap will greet Sweden.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:22PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

I find it impossible to go for Korea. I'm sorry but I can't go for a team that plays such a boring style of play, that 3 vs 4 game was one of the worst games I've ever seen. I like going for the underdog like most people don't get me wrong, but I have to go for Switzerland tonight. I want an exciting final that will hopefully be like the 1 vs 2 game and if Korea gets there that isn't going to happen.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:24PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Now Nedohin and her co. will try to avoid a JJ 4th place finish in their 1st worlds appearance...

What was Jennifers result when she played in her home country as canada for the1st time

GOLD!!!

Her worst w/l record at the worlds - 8-3.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-24-12 06:28PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Gotta hand it to the Korean team, they came out and did exactly what they needed to do to win, congratulations, well done. Canada didn't and lost.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-24-12 06:35PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingNut1994
I find it impossible to go for Korea. I'm sorry but I can't go for a team that plays such a boring style of play, that 3 vs 4 game was one of the worst games I've ever seen. I like going for the underdog like most people don't get me wrong, but I have to go for Switzerland tonight. I want an exciting final that will hopefully be like the 1 vs 2 game and if Korea gets there that isn't going to happen.

Korea plays any style. When they pour on the offense, they are one of the most exciting teams at the event.

To say that was one of the worst games you've ever seen is stupid. There have been literally hundreds of top men's games that play out in a very similar fashion. The fact that Canada failed to take control of the game from Korea is a tribute to how well Korea managed the game.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:45PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
I was waiting for the camera shot of Dave Nedohin hiding his head in shame.

It was like the Koreans had a chess strategy and the Canadians thought that playing checkers would win as long as you moved the pieces with the most precision.

TERRIBLE!!

If ONLY Canada were precise... I've always thought Canadian strategy was lacking and too "plain".

Old Post 03-24-12 06:52PM
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Korea plays any style. When they pour on the offense, they are one of the most exciting teams at the event.

To say that was one of the worst games you've ever seen is stupid. There have been literally hundreds of top men's games that play out in a very similar fashion. The fact that Canada failed to take control of the game from Korea is a tribute to how well Korea managed the game.

Guess what? I don't care about the men, we aren't talking about the men right now. The only real end in this game was the 10th. It was the only excitement in the game. Yes, Korea did a good job of being control of the game, I'll give them that. They deserved the win. I never said Korea played a bad game, I said they played a boring game that's brutal to watch. I doubt they change their game plan, why get away from strategy that worked if they can? I'm just saying if they keep playing this way and get to the gold medal game than it will be a snoozefest.

Old Post 03-24-12 06:56PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote