Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misty1
Supreme Champion!

awful 8th end by switzerland. The one good shot was carmen kung's double peel

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-12 10:22PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Or they could give up two. That works as well. :/

Old Post 03-24-12 10:22PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
The Koreans are starting to assert themselves and intellectually over-powering Mirjam.

They aren't intellectually over powering anyone. This has to be the worst game Mirjam has curled all week. They are lucky

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 03-24-12 10:24PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

oyyy.. Miri...so many momentum swings in this game... not a particularly accurate game but much more interesting than the CAN-KOR affair this afternoon

Old Post 03-24-12 10:28PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthehack

Maybe Canada should have gone after KOR from the git go. Hard for the steal! After all CAN owns curling. Sour Grapes on CAN for calling KOR on being defensive. When you are the greatest in the world, CAN, ignore KOR's defensive moves and show your offensive prowess, CAN. Canada was poorly coached,inadequately prepared, and executed poorly in the game v. KOR. What did CAN think? KOR was going to play aggressively? Not! Congrats to KOR--coming in with a much better and more effective game plan.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.195.18.165

Old Post 03-24-12 10:39PM
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow! That was a tense 10th end.
Congrats SUI!

KOR-CAN rematch in the Bronze. Heather and Team will be hungry I think!

Old Post 03-24-12 10:59PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm happy to see rematches in both games tomorrow. Congrats to the Swiss.

The Canada / Korea game should be interesting.

Old Post 03-24-12 11:00PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by drawthehack
Maybe Canada should have gone after KOR from the git go. Hard for the steal! After all CAN owns curling. Sour Grapes on CAN for calling KOR on being defensive. When you are the greatest in the world, CAN, ignore KOR's defensive moves and show your offensive prowess, CAN. Canada was poorly coached,inadequately prepared, and executed poorly in the game v. KOR. What did CAN think? KOR was going to play aggressively? Not! Congrats to KOR--coming in with a much better and more effective game plan.

I completely agree!!

Unregistered

Maybe just a tad more weight on a good luck shot by Korea in the 10th and they would of made it. Good luck Canada tomorrow against the Korean machine. You will need it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.46.207

kyoh
Hitting Paint

Hard not to be excited for Korea's future!!

Hope they beat Canada in the bronze and the Swiss win gold.

Old Post 03-24-12 11:04PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Definately not the best curled game in the world. I am so happy to see Mirjam finally get to a world final though. She probably wasnt getting many more chances with competition in Switzerland getting better and better and woorld competition.

Huge congrats as she's given Switzerland it's first appearance in a final in who knows how long

Old Post 03-24-12 11:08PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats to team Switzerland well deserved win! I hope the gold medal game will be as good as the 1 vs 2 game yesterday. Let's hope Canada can redeem themselves and win bronze! I'm going for Switzerland tomorrow but I hope it's a good game and let the best team win!

Old Post 03-24-12 11:09PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by wakwak
Wow! That was a tense 10th end.
Congrats SUI!

KOR-CAN rematch in the Bronze. Heather and Team will be hungry I think!

a 5 loss team still playing for a medal?

gimme me a break!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-25-12 01:32AM
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

gimme me a break!!

That's how the cookie crumbles...

Old Post 03-25-12 01:51AM
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:

gimme me a break!!

Suck it up Buttercup!

Old Post 03-25-12 02:20AM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Obvious disappointment that the Canadians failed again to get into the golden match but glad that Miri Ott finally gets her chance to show her wares in her rematch with the stronger Swedes.

Korea vs. Switzerland was more exciting than Canada vs KOR cuz simply put there were a ton more misses which usually spells excitement and unique game action.

Heather will have to pull up her bootstraps and use her hyper personality to round out the week with a medal - not let the savvy young Koreans control her like they did in the 3/4.

Failed again? Team Canada made the gold medal match last year. Although Amber had to make most of the shots herself.

Old Post 03-25-12 08:48AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Canada has now failed to even make the final in 3 of the last 4 years at the womens world championship though. Lets ne honest here Amber was lucky to get to the final last year. Denmark had her but played a nightmare extra end and gave up the steal

Sweden on the other hand has made the final 5 of the last 8 years and won it 3 times...possibly 4 if sigfridsson defeats Switzerland today. That's very impressive

Old Post 03-25-12 09:04AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
This is why always laugh when I hear that teams (skips) need "experience" to be good at strategy.

no, they need one smart person to sit down with them, watch maybe 200 hours of video ans drill into their skulls correct decision making.

It really isn't rocket science. (especially in the women's game)

The Korean skip new EXACTLY what her plan was and Heather Nedohin (with 30 years of experience and an elite curler for a husband) didn't. Simple as that.

There was no game plan that I could see. Or if the plan was to be one up without the hammer in the 10th it was obviously a very flawed plan.

Yea...that's why the coach came down and told Korea what to do!

Actually all you need is a brain...something Heather lacked throughout. You can't win any sport by consistantly playing a pattern........I love playing CAC coached teams....you know what the opposition is going to do before they do. Korea threw a hitch in the plan and left Heather to think her way out.....You saw the result!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.164.79.65

Old Post 03-25-12 09:04AM
Unregistered

quote:
I was cheering for Heather until the crowd starting clapping in the Korean last shot. Great regroup and well done for them......... the crowd sucked..

For the record, that wasn't the crowd that you heard it was the Korean fans. They had a small section cheering section filled with people and a drum.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.99.145.68

Old Post 03-25-12 09:27AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Is the bronze game being streamed?

Old Post 03-25-12 11:43AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Great start for Canada

got a little lucky to not givea two in the first end but have come back strongly

Old Post 03-25-12 11:54AM
Unregistered

Korea just made a great double but Beth removed a Canadian rock that jammed on a Korean stone.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.75.6.92

Old Post 03-25-12 12:13PM
Unregistered

Korean brain fart and game is over .... well i think it is anyways.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.75.6.92

Old Post 03-25-12 12:27PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Nice of Korea to oblige Heather and play the sort of game that gives her a chance to win and entertain the fans .

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-25-12 01:03PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I know it's kind of Canadian of me, but I still feel proud of a Bronze medal for Canada. We have a relatively small population and on a global scale, our athletes are not fiscally supported, compared to Asia and Europe. Sure, curling comes from grass roots here, so lots of us intimately know the game, and have high expectations, but hitting the podium is GREAT. Gold is a bonus. I hope they win this medal for Canada.

.... now I'll go and troll the sour grapes thread.

Old Post 03-25-12 01:18PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote