Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Scotties 2023
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

I cannot believe after all these years we are still hearing "4 skips on a team?!" as if it was anything other than a couple months of bored off-season chatter. It was never a serious worry it was always a question about team dynamic. And it lasted not even half a season once they started playing. Same thing with Homan/Fleury; it may not work out long term but if it doesn't it won't be because there were growing pains in the first season.

As for who will go to worlds: I don't know. This question never interests me.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 02-28-23 at 03:04PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-23 03:00PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
This question never interests me.

Speaking of uninteresting question, I predict that they will use sensor handles at World Women's, just as they were used at the Scotties...

... depending on what happens at the Brier. I think there's a small possibility of a players revolt at the Brier, which will shut down the whole sensor handle thing for another season.

Old Post 02-28-23 04:05PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PSanders
Harvey Hacksmasher

MBBruins post

what a well-thought out and positively worded post. Re changing the format, the Scotties and the Brier are still focused on a Canadian championship which brings in all the provinces/territories. It gives TV viewers home teams they can cheer for that do not necessarily have access to elite level curling, due to kids, jobs and funding. Unfortunately, this highlights a Tier system which defines a small level of teams/wild cards at a high elite level, and another group of teams at the Tier 2 or lower level, and the play this year reflected that schism. I don't know how you change to a better format, but the one used this year is very confusing. Personally, I like the old system better.

Old Post 03-01-23 01:48AM
PSanders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PSanders Find more posts by PSanders Add PSanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timothyferriss
Knee-Slider

The Scotties Tournament of Hearts is the Canadian Women's Curling Championship, and the Brier is the Men's Curling Championship in Canada. These events are important in the world of curling cookie clicker and have a strong following among curling enthusiasts.

Old Post 10-18-23 03:39AM
timothyferriss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timothyferriss Find more posts by timothyferriss Add timothyferriss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote