Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 2012 Manitoba Scotties
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

ROFL

Jennifer Jones Team is #1 Ranked Team in the world.. LOL..
based on attending every single event known to curling...and scraping up SFM points

Anette Norberg..move over...a has-been who fluked a world title when you weren't there is claiming you arent world champion ...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-12 05:38AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Re: ROFL

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
Jennifer Jones Team is #1 Ranked Team in the world.. LOL..
based on attending every single event known to curling...and scraping up SFM points

Anette Norberg..move over...a has-been who fluked a world title when you weren't there is claiming you arent world champion ...

And right on que, UYK provides for us a good example of delusion. JJ is definitely not a "has-been" and no team in the history of curling has ever "fluked" a world title. Hmmm, I wonder how long it will be before you accuse someone of being a nasty name caller?

Old Post 01-20-12 08:09AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

ROFL

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss
And right on que, Cosss provides for us a good example of delusion. JJ is definitely a "has-been" and "fluked" a world title.

and Jen Jones' agents try to spin good-will to the curling world
wondering why oh why do people hate the Golden Goddess...

Old Post 01-20-12 09:34AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Re: ROFL

quote:

and Jen Jones' agents try to spin good-will to the curling world
wondering why oh why do people hate the Golden Goddess...

Tired of her winning all the time....likely. The same thing happened with Coleen Jones. The same thing is happening for some curling fans in the mens game as well regarding Martin, Stoughton, Howard...., etc. Hate is a very strong word. I won't even go there. I'll leave the hate with you.

Old Post 01-20-12 09:56AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Hate

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss
Tired of her winning all the time....likely. The same thing happened with Coleen Jones. The same thing is happening for some curling fans in the mens game as well regarding Martin, Stoughton, Howard...., etc. Hate is a very strong word. I won't even go there. I'll leave the hate with you.

Jones winning is a thing of the past.. and the point you missed in my post was that Jones won in 2008 against a 23 year old Bingyu Wang after betty had beat her twice already in RR and the 1-2 game. The Fact that Viktorrson repped Sweden means that Jones has never won a world title of any kind when Norberg was present.

Yes do leave the hate with the curling world since you and Manitoba Legend started this whole WAR with your chidish name-calling and trashing anyone who even hinted a negative comment about Jen Jones.
Think back to the crowds in PEI at last year's Scotties and ask yourself WHY the public in general have no love or support for Jones.

Old Post 01-20-12 10:07AM
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Re: Hate

quote:

Jones winning is a thing of the past.. and the point you missed in my post was that Jones won in 2008 against a 23 year old Bingyu Wang after betty had beat her twice already in RR and the 1-2 game. The Fact that Viktorrson repped Sweden means that Jones has never won a world title of any kind when Norberg was present.

Yes do leave the hate with the curling world since you and Manitoba Legend started this whole WAR with your chidish name-calling and trashing anyone who even hinted a negative comment about Jen Jones.
Think back to the crowds in PEI at last year's Scotties and ask yourself WHY the public in general have no love or support for Jones.

Actually it was you and your constant inaccurate, spiteful commentary that started the feud. I could care less if someone dislikes JJ. As I previously stated some people are tired of seeing her win so much. As for PEI, people jumped on COC's bandwagon because they thought that she had been dumped without cause....a situation that COC gladly played up. What they didn't know was the story behind the scenes, a story that many people on this forum still don't know or won't accept. Personally, I didn't then, (and still don't) get into the drama of COC vs JJ. I love to see high level curling, and although I was cheering for JJ last year, I loved the final game and will be cheering for Amber this year hoping she can peak at the right time. I will also be cheering for the MB rep, whoever it happens to be. The hate can stay with you.

Old Post 01-20-12 10:20AM
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Re: Keep trying

quote:
If you even bother to read back over the years of comments I have made you will likely find that I have supported Curling and in particular Women's Curling. Jennifer Jones is the first female curler I stopped supporting and it was because of the way she treats people and handles her failures with excuses. The fact that you would pretend to be friends with the strongest curler on your Team then knife them in a 3 against 1 Sacking.. shows the people skills are next to none.

So keep on posting negative.. I could care less what you think of my POV

I know you have supported curling over the years. That is a fact.... however, that is not the issue. The issue is that you are simply wrong about JJ. She handles her losses very well and treats people with respect. They didn't "pretend" to be friends with COC, they were for a long time. COC became miserable to curl with and the rest is history. Your negative spin on it doesn't matter to anyone. As for your POV, yawn.... Time to get back to work, have a nice day UYK.

Old Post 01-20-12 11:07AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Nice try

Cathy O may have become "miserable to curl with".. BUT she gave up six years of her blood, sweat and Tears to Jones and Canada while raising a family and managing a business.

If someone is truly a friend ( not a pretend one)...they would truly have a tiny bit of concern for that other person's feeling and in particular being tossed from Team Canada.

Jones could have shown just a tiny bit of compassion and humanity by taking Cathy aside privately and allow her the dignity of even pretending she was leaving TC for "personal reasons"

You get what you give in this Life and when one of the very best Curlers in Canadian History is treated this way.. you cant blame people for feeling bad for her.. just sayin'

I wonder what would have happened if it had been Jones being tossed by the Team...would she have gone away quietly..LOL

Have a great day yourself..

Old Post 01-20-12 11:28AM
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

We're so lucky to have an "inside contact" in UYK: someone who is so intimately acquainted with all the current and former members of the Jennifer Jones team to know every detail of what went down with the player shuffling 2 whole seasons ago.

Sorry, UYK, but the record is clear - JJ is a classy individual who has been a tremendous representative for the sport of curling across the country. I would love for you to try to find a quote in any media report in which she makes excuses for a loss. She's been consistently classy in victory and in defeat, that's just the record. If you're sick of watching her win things, that's your own problem - because she's not finished yet, as her recent victory in the Canada Cup (which you seem to have completely forgotten about) demonstrates.

Old Post 01-20-12 11:46AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Yah Right

If I cared enough about your petty arguments I would find endless quotes about Jones blaming the ice for losing games and a pick as recent as in Bern this past weekend.

The details of how nasty Cathy O was treated is one of the major reasons why Jones will never have a legacy of being a "classy" Skip.. for anywhere in Canada but her shrinking circle of "fans"..

Old Post 01-20-12 12:06PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

Please play nicely everyone. I don't want to have to clean this thread up again. We're allowed to disagree with each other, but it doesn't need to get nasty.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 01-20-12 05:12PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Wow, tough way to start the tournament for Cathy O! I'm sure they'll be able to bounce back, they're way too good a team to not be there at the end. But it's certainly got to put a little spring in Chelsea Carey's step right off the bat!

That's the only real upset so far.

Old Post 01-25-12 04:25PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Yah Right

quote:
If I cared enough about your petty arguments I would find endless quotes about Jones blaming the ice for losing games and a pick as recent as in Bern this past weekend.

The details of how nasty Cathy O was treated is one of the major reasons why Jones will never have a legacy of being a "classy" Skip.. for anywhere in Canada but her shrinking circle of "fans"..

I just have to say this......You do go on and on and on about the same old argument. Would you please just put this behind you. I don't think its wise, on your part, to start this Cathy O discussion all over again. I think everyone on CZ is aware of how you feel about J. Jones and your feelings about Cathy OC and her displacement from that rink. She (Cathy) seems to be moving on, why can't you. We just don't want to go there again.

Old Post 01-25-12 04:34PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Cathy missed a wide open hit and stick to give up 1 in the 4th, and then she flashed another hit in 10 to give up the game winning deuce. Hopefully she can pick it up the next few games.

Old Post 01-25-12 08:02PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Yah Right

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I just have to say this......You do go on and on and on about the same old argument. Would you please just put this behind you. I don't think its wise, on your part, to start this Cathy O discussion all over again. I think everyone on CZ is aware of how you feel about J. Jones and your feelings about Cathy OC and her displacement from that rink. She (Cathy) seems to be moving on, why can't you. We just don't want to go there again.

Well said Albetts!

Old Post 01-25-12 09:19PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Looks like Jenn-o-rama is throwing up one of her stinkers tonite as she's trailing unknown Kelly Botcher 5-4 playing 8. Of course Jones usually does that at scotts and worlds - those infamous 45% games she barfs up....

Botcher has to keep her nose to the grindstone as Jones has been known to pull off victories out of defeat.

Jones has been barfing up flubbstains last few years playing Yukon Erica.....

And with that Boettcher defeats Jones 7-6.. the three teams left for Jones are the 2 Undefeated teams Spencer and Thurston, and the 3-1 Robertson. Tomorrow will prove to be interesting in the 'Asham Black Group'

Old Post 01-26-12 07:52PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Boettcher has already defeated D.Robinson. She had a close game with Thurston and now has downed JJ. She might be shooting for the playoffs if she can keep her game on track.

Old Post 01-26-12 08:08PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Any word on percentages? I suspect Jill may have faded on this game and that JJ probably barfed up her 44 special!

None that I have seen...I wish there were, I would like to know where things were falling apart!

Old Post 01-26-12 08:47PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

sounds like jj might've been adding up her chickens before they hatched. not good curling karma. Nice draw against seven. MCA is not a very good nor very organized. Keep your expectations low. Having the linescores is a major achievement for the MCA. Stats - they have no system to deliver this and it is not a priority. C'est tout. C'est vrai.

Old Post 01-26-12 09:51PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Well, JJ is at her best when her back is up against the wall. She has games against teams that start the day 4-0, 4-0, and 4-0. A second loss by Jones would put her team in deep danger of not qualifying. Good thing she likes drama!

Last edited by TNH on 01-27-12 at 12:23PM

Old Post 01-27-12 12:03PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

will be interesting to see how jen bounces back from that loss. I definately didnt see it coming, i dont think anyone did. I thought she'd roll through this group

she's got a tough day today but id expect her to go 2-1 at least

Old Post 01-27-12 12:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

How do the tiebreakers work???

Do they play a game or just go by who won in the round robin?

Old Post 01-27-12 05:33PM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

If it's a tie for first place in the pool, they award first to the winner of the round robin game.

If it's a tie for second place in the pool, they play a tie-breaker game.

Old Post 01-27-12 05:57PM
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

sure, ML... except Cathy O was seeded #2 and Carey was #3!

do you have any sources identifying Jill as struggling/tired/weak? or is this just ML guessing what's happening at the event, but using some sort of authoritative tone of voice?

Big win for Chelsea! It would be huge for her to land in that 1-1 page playoff game since she's the only team among the leaders who's yet to win a MB title. Having two cracks to get to the final could really be useful for her!

(oops! DeRiviere is also in that category! 1st-place finish is impossible for her though.)

Last edited by doubletakeout on 01-27-12 at 08:03PM

Old Post 01-27-12 07:56PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

First Qualifier

Barb Spencer defeats Jennifer Jones 8-6 and clinches 1st place in the black group!

Jones is now at risk of not making the playoffs

Old Post 01-27-12 11:43PM