Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 2012 Safeway Select Manitoba
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

yes, thats exactly what i think

why should they get another chance? if they go undefeated but lose their first game that sucks but its to bad

Your lack of competing or knowledge of competition is glaring!
Tracy Horgan played a round robin of 9 games. She lost 2.
Lost one more in the Page format. She was able to win the province with a 9 - 3 record. That's 12 games counting playoffs.

You think a team in MB that qualifies in 3 games and loses the 4th should go home???
Ontario men's play a 10 game round robin. 2 losses does not eliminate and possibly as much as 4 losses could get a team into playoffs or a tie-breaker. SK and BC have similar round robins. MB's system is a bit different but allows teams to have 1 loss in regular and 1 loss after qualifying, and then the first and second place teams are allowed one more loss. Not a whole lot of difference. But it could be hard to comprehend to a maladroit.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-12 10:30AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coorsman
Swing Artist

I predict the winning team's 3rd will be bald ...

Old Post 02-10-12 11:13AM
coorsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coorsman Click here to Send coorsman a Private Message Find more posts by coorsman Add coorsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Your lack of competing or knowledge of competition is glaring!
Tracy Horgan played a round robin of 9 games. She lost 2.
Lost one more in the Page format. She was able to win the province with a 9 - 3 record. That's 12 games counting playoffs.

You think a team in MB that qualifies in 3 games and loses the 4th should go home???
Ontario men's play a 10 game round robin. 2 losses does not eliminate and possibly as much as 4 losses could get a team into playoffs or a tie-breaker. SK and BC have similar round robins. MB's system is a bit different but allows teams to have 1 loss in regular and 1 loss after qualifying, and then the first and second place teams are allowed one more loss. Not a whole lot of difference. But it could be hard to comprehend to a maladroit.

like i said i completely understand how it works but i dont agree with it.

and i really dont see it necessary to throw in personal attacks on me either. How old are you 5?

Last edited by misty1 on 02-10-12 at 12:47PM

Old Post 02-10-12 12:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

no real surprises in who the 4 winners were this morning.

although vic peters really had to dig down after that fast start

Old Post 02-10-12 12:38PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:

like i said i completely understand how it works but i dont agree with it.

and i really dont see it necessary to throw in personal attacks on me either. How old are you 5?

OK I am sorry.
Please justify why you think a team from MB should be sent home after winning 3 and losing their 4th game?
I have given you 4 examples of provinces that allow for more than 1 loss. I bet if checked every province, you see similar formats that allow teams more than 1 loss.
So please, help me understand your reasoning that teams in MB that suffer their first loss in their fourth game, you believe they should be sent home?

Old Post 02-10-12 01:20PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

OK I am sorry.
Please justify why you think a team from MB should be sent home after winning 3 and losing their 4th game?
I have given you 4 examples of provinces that allow for more than 1 loss. I bet if checked every province, you see similar formats that allow teams more than 1 loss.
So please, help me understand your reasoning that teams in MB that suffer their first loss in their fourth game, you believe they should be sent home?

to be fair i never specified that it was only manitoba i feel this way about...and if i did i shouldnt have because its the way i feel in general

i just feel like playoff time should be sudden death. you have these round robin formats that allow for 2 losses in a round robin or maybe more if we look at ontario or northern ontaro who still use a round robin instead of triple knockout format.I feel like the round robin formats give you enough chances to get to playoffs and that the playoffs shouldnt be giving you any more. Playoffs should be crunch time and like i said sudden death.

i hope that makes sense

Old Post 02-10-12 01:42PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

It's their 4th game!!!
You think a team should be sent packing after playing 4 games???
Your reasoning does not make sense.

Manitoba lets 32 teams compete for the provicial title. That is more than any other province. It is similar in other provinces in that provinces like ON have regionals to narrow down the numbers weeks earlier. MB does all in the same week.
So using your reasoning, after regionals in ON, teams lose once and they are out. Very few team would participate.

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 02-10-12 at 01:55PM

Old Post 02-10-12 01:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well obviously this is going nowhere so lets just end it here

Old Post 02-10-12 01:54PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

That fine, but you were the one that "made up" statistics and you're the one thinking MB's provincal format is not right.
Perhaps you should just post what you see and not what you think.

Old Post 02-10-12 01:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
That fine, but you were the one that "made up" statistics and you're the one thinking MB's provincal format is not right.
Perhaps you should just post what you see and not what you think.

you really have to bring up something that has absolutely nothing to do with what we had been discussing? that happened a while ago and i already admitted to that being a mistake

Old Post 02-10-12 02:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

getting back on topic. looks like were heading for a stoughton - peters, fowler - mcewen playoff

those should both be good matches

i cant help but want to see vic get to a brier with his son. He might not do that well but i think it would be could if they got to play a brier together

he wouldnt be the strongest choice obviously but i tend to go for the under dog most of the time vic would definately be the underdog

Old Post 02-10-12 02:07PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

quote:
whats rediculous here is that going on this morning are the A qualifier games and shaw is broadcasting none of them

The Manitoba Curling Association needs to seriously consider USTREAM (like Alberta and Saskatchewan).

Old Post 02-10-12 07:03PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i think what really annoyed me the most was the fact that the link to a video off the websiute is simply a web streaming of shaw tv..im not sure exactly how many people actually care enough about shaw tv daily to watch it online

Old Post 02-10-12 07:20PM
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
Very very tough year for Jason Gunnlaugson. Playing under Team Bohn, Gunner is gone without even getting a sniff of qualifying. I'm wondering if he may be better off throwing 2nd or 3rd for a year or two (ala Morris or Simmons).
Whatever it takes to teach him that throwing the rock 100mp/h is completely ridiculous and unnecessary. The kid definitely needs to step back and work "under" someone in order to mature and learn to respect the game. Lotta hype behind him after the last Oly Trials, but it was McEwen that deserved the "buzz".

Old Post 02-10-12 07:34PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow..stoughton and peters go down tonight and fowler possibly as well

definately didnt see this coming

Old Post 02-10-12 11:21PM
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Location: down the street from psychotic right next to oblivious

Stoughton stubs his toe on Lyburn. MAybe the soft starts for Jeff caught up to them tonight. Peters gets pumped. typical night at the Safeway.

Still see Stoughton winning again this year tho. everyone deserves an off night.

Mcewen's only loss will be the final to Jeff.

Old Post 02-10-12 11:22PM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

unfortunately now vic and jeff, the 2 teams i would have liked to see win most have to play each other

Old Post 02-11-12 08:47AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

they really are idiots

Old Post 02-11-12 10:31AM
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

So other than Safeway giving Shaw some money to show a few draws at the Select why does Shaw bother being involved with curling? They do a horrible job at it. I know it's better than nothing (2012 MB Scotties). Last night they showed the Peters McNamee game and it ended after 8. There was a great game between Elias and Fowler on the next sheet. They panned over to that game but signed off after only showing a shot or 2. Were they not scheduled to show a 10 end game if it went that long? So why not show 2 ends of a different game in progress? At least they got rid of Don Finkbeiner. I know it's a totally different budget but Shaw makes TSN look fantanstic. Lets go Chico's Bail Bonds.

Old Post 02-11-12 10:53AM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i agree , its better than nothing but at the same time its not much.

They also have the weirdest choice of which games to show.

and again that live feed link the website has to shaw programming is rediculous, like i said before i dont know how many people actually want to watch shaw tv daily programming on the web

Last edited by misty1 on 02-11-12 at 11:17AM

Old Post 02-11-12 11:12AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if your going to commit to broadcasting a playdown though you should do it properly

and if you cant do it properly just do what alberta and northern ontario are doing and stream the games with ustream.

Old Post 02-11-12 11:22AM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
wow..stoughton and peters go down tonight and fowler possibly as well

definately didnt see this coming

And if you were the draw planner, they would be going home.
Still think the MB system is wrong?

Old Post 02-11-12 11:33AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

And if you were the draw planner, they would be going home.
Still think the MB system is wrong?

and do you really have to bring this up again? i dont see any need to bring up this when its just going to cause another argument..unless thats what you want

i thought we'd decided to just leave this alone

Old Post 02-11-12 11:40AM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

In ON, 5 - 5 gets you into a tie break for fourth place in the Page system. I like the MB way, but if they played the round robin, probably would be seeing the same 8 teams that are there now.

Old Post 02-11-12 11:41AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

looks like mike has all he can handle with elias, down 3-2 currently after giving a steal.

and jeff has control in his game, up 5-1 after 6..which is to bad for vic

if mike loses and jeff wins do they play eachother?

Old Post 02-11-12 11:44AM